Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lightbulb Why Bulls could Beat the Heat Team This Year?

Why I think Bulls have a better chance at upsetting Heat this year?

I really think this year Bulls have a better chance and IMO will beat the Heat team this year in the playoffs and here are my reasons and beliefs.

In 2010-11 vs This year (assuming Rose is back to close to 90% of his normal self).

(2010-11) - Bulls had a rookie coach - with 1st time in the deep playoffs run with a lot of the players that never went that far in their careers - so they were new to that experience as well while Heat had many players with deep playoff experience.

(This year) - Thibs is a much better coach this year than 2 years ago. Bulls players should be better prepared for deep playoff run this year vs 2 years ago.

(2010-11) - Bulls had injured players in Boozer (Toe), Noah (plantar fascitiis), Rose (sprained ankle TWICE) and Asik (out after 2nd game).

(This year) - So far, they all are healthy once Rose is back. Hopefully they stay healthy. Asik will be missed but he wasn't playing that year anyway. Health is a HUGE factor in why we lost that year and why we have a good chance this year.

(2010-11) - The chemistry wasn't that great between Boozer and Noah (both missed so many games and didn't play too many games TOGETHER). They both didn't play well that year - especially Boozer. Boozer was pretty pathetic and Noah was shooting pretty pathetic for a center as well.

(This year) - Bulls have a superb chemistry. Noah and Boozer play so well together and finally have had a year together to play off each other. they both playing their best basketball of their Bulls career. This year they should be very well prepared - be ready mentally and physically against Heat this year.

(2010-11) - Our starting shooting guard was Bogans who all the teams basically just ignored. Having 2 low scoring (single digit) players in the lineups (Noah and Bogans) and vs great defensive team like Heat, really hurt us big time.

(This year) - We have 2 shooting guards in Rip and Marco and 1 hybrid in Jimmy. Not to mention Kirk can also play SG and plays great D vs Wade as well. Also, Noah's offensive game has been so much better than 2 years ago - especially in the playoffs. Marco and Rip unlike Korver and Bogans, both move well without the ball and both are not afraid to shoot or take it to the hole. Something neither Bogans nor Korver would. Rip also has deep playoff run experience and also has a championship under his belt. This shooting guard help can be huge vs Heat as they can't just ignore anyone now and help on Rose.

(2010-11) - Defense and Rebounding. Their defense was at the top of the league that year and they were not a bad rebounding team. Joel Anthony was a big part of their defense. They also played big vs us.

(This year) - Their defense is not what it used to be - especially not like 2 years ago. Their rebounding just plain suck and is at the bottom of the league. While we are still at the top in both defense and rebounding. Something we will exploit in the playoffs this time around as they got smaller this year and play LeBron at PF at times.

(2010-11) - Role players: their role players did step up when they had to (Mike Miller, Haslem, Chalmers, Joel with defense) - while our role players simply sucked. None of them stepped at when things got tight and when we really needed them (none of Bogans, Watson, Korver, etc).

(This year) - I really like our role players. Butler, Nate, Rip, Marco, Kirk, etc all bring something to the table and we still have Taj who plays good vs Heat.

(2010-11) - Defense vs Rose. Some will say LeBron was the Rose stopper but IMO, it was a combination of Rose being tired, inexperienced, too much burden, hurt, and simply in a funk - along with the entire Heat team geared up to stop him. Heat played outstanding crowding defense on Rose and Rose having a shooting slump didn't help his cause. Not to mention no other ball handler to relive the pressure.

(This year) - Rose if healthy should have learned from his mistakes. He also has Kirk, Rip, Marco - who all can dribble and make plays. They are also not liability on offense and should be paid attention to if kept open. This is what will make the defense on Rose this year harder. Also, Rose not being hurt and not in the shooting slump will help - but we will have to wait and see.

So these are my reasons and beliefs on why we should be TON better this year than 2 years ago and why we have a great chance at beating the Heat team this year. This is all dependent on how well Rose plays by end of the season after his comeback and if he and the whole team is healthy.

Also, this can change depending on if Heat and/or Bulls make any moves.

vCash
    All good points... I'm just gonna throw some stuff out there from most important to least (against the Heat)... They are all vital to this team's success though so don't bite because I have Rose as the 4th most important piece...

The big one for me is Joakim Noah... I think he is the most important player on our team and the leader, he has to play BIG..

The keys are centered around Defense\Rebounding

Carlos Boozer has to show up and average a double double scoring effeciently

Luol Deng - The co-leader of our team, he has to take matters into his own hands when we are struggling as he has shown to do most times this year, play like the all-star he is...

Derrick Rose - Remove any mental blocks and play his game, play within the team and close games out.

Taj Gibson - Do what he did the last two years in the playoffs, notably last year, he is important...

Jimmy Butler - He's ready, just keep doing what he is doing

Ball Movement - Stagnant offense proves to be our weak point at times, keep the ball flying

Nate & Belinelli - Score when called upon

Kirk - Play solid defense

Our weakest link is that missing back-up to Noah but we should be good against the Heat...

I guess Rip would prove important to try and wear Wade out and frustrate him (Wade hates chasing thru screens) or maybe he will play against Ray Allen and they can cancel each other out from the game... Rip definitely keeps the defense honest and provides spacing as well as diversity in our offense.
    Last edited by LGhost; 01-29-2013 at 10:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LGhost View Post
    All good points... I'm just gonna throw some stuff out there from most important to least (against the Heat)... They are all vital to this team's success though so don't bite because I have Rose as the 4th most important piece...

The big one for me is Joakim Noah... I think he is the most important player on our team and the leader, he has to play BIG..

The keys are centered around Defense\Rebounding

Carlos Boozer has to show up and average a double double scoring effeciently

Luol Deng - The co-leader of our team, he has to take matters into his own hands when we are struggling as he has shown to do most times this year, play like the all-star he is...

Derrick Rose - Remove any mental blocks and play his game, play within the team and close games out.

Taj Gibson - Do what he did the last two years in the playoffs, notably last year, he is important...

Jimmy Butler - He's ready, just keep doing what he is doing

Ball Movement - Stagnant offense proves to be our weak point at times, keep the ball flying

Nate & Belinelli - Score when called upon

Kirk - Play solid defense

Our weakest link is that missing back-up to Noah but we should be good against the Heat...

I guess Rip would prove important to try and wear Wade out and frustrate him (Wade hates chasing thru screens) or maybe he will play against Ray Allen and they can cancel each other out from the game... Rip definitely keeps the defense honest and provides spacing as well as diversity in our offense.
    I pretty well agree with most of this

vCash
    If we can deal Rip for a big, I really like our chances.

vCash
    Of course it all depends on Derrick and whether he's the same player or not and by the time the Bulls would face them in the Playoffs (hopefully ECF), he should be back to his old self, or close to it.

I do think the Heat are pretty vulnerable though. They get killed on the boards by any team with size and at some point it's going to catch up with them. The Bulls definitely have the personnel up front to give them problems. Like KH said, if we can get another big to backup Noah, that would help even more.

vCash
    I'm not saying we don't need another big, but with the way our guards rebound, your mind kinda gets taken off of it.

I think we can beat the Heat with what he have now. Another big would sure help, especially at the cost of Rip, but I don't expect "Rip for a big" to happen.

vCash
    Boozer has pretty much always been a great playoff performer.

Rose will be back at 100%

Jimmy Butler will get better.

my only big concern is that backup big.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    I pretty well agree with most of this
    I agree with your agreement.

vCash
    Why dont people understand?

THE PLAYOFFS ARE DIFFERENT..

You guys keep going with the assumption of what reg season basketball is like..

The windows of mistakes,the effort,the shooting,the defense the rebounding,the guts,the energy and lastly the clutch plays are what wins out.. They have playoff guys not reg season ones.. Boozer completely DISAPPEARS in the playoffs & the same can be said about deng..

We cant be this team come playoff time.. Each possesion matters too much & we cant have guys going ghost..
    We win out because of our defense,rebounding & our superstar.. Thats why we seem legit.. Other than that we have NO shooter , true ball handler where teams worry .. THEY WANT US TO PUT THE BALL IN HINRICH HANDS.. They want us to have nat robinson wasting possesions.. They want boozer to keep shooting fade aways..

We arent built for the playoffs..we have the DNA of one but we dont have the actual players who can step up..

Whos going to be the jason terry , shane battier , mike miller, jj barea for us .. Who do we have thats going to stretch the floor for us ? Whos going to be able to scare opponents with their range ?

Kyle was the biggest difference vs miami.. And the fact that deng is shooting worse this year from 3 doesnt help.. Miami will zone us to death.. Unlike the 2010 year your comparing us too.. Compare that.. We had asik who couldve had he stayed healthy wouldve changed the series by protecting the rim.. Wade struggled until asik left..
    Whos going to stop lebron from guarding rose ? Deng ? Lol they would rather put their worst defender on him and let battier chase someone around .. Seriously you guys arent getting the point .. We win because were great ..& we will continue to be contenders to get to the final 4 but thats it.. We wont beat miami & then okc.. So whats the point of getting there just to be happy ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunqn View Post

The windows of mistakes,the effort,the shooting,the defense the rebounding,the guts,the energy and lastly the clutch plays are what wins out.. They have playoff guys not reg season ones.. Boozer completely DISAPPEARS in the playoffs & the same can be said about deng..

We cant be this team come playoff time.. Each possesion matters too much & we cant have guys going ghost..
    We win out because of our defense,rebounding & our superstar.. Thats why we seem legit.. Other than that we have NO shooter , true ball handler where teams worry .. THEY WANT US TO PUT THE BALL IN HINRICH HANDS.. They want us to have nat robinson wasting possesions.. They want boozer to keep shooting fade aways..

We arent built for the playoffs..we have the DNA of one but we dont have the actual players who can step up..

Whos going to be the jason terry , shane battier , mike miller, jj barea for us .. Who do we have thats going to stretch the floor for us ? Whos going to be able to scare opponents with their range ?

Kyle was the biggest difference vs miami.. And the fact that deng is shooting worse this year from 3 doesnt help.. Miami will zone us to death.. Unlike the 2010 year your comparing us too.. Compare that.. We had asik who couldve had he stayed healthy wouldve changed the series by protecting the rim.. Wade struggled until asik left..
    Whos going to stop lebron from guarding rose ? Deng ? Lol they would rather put their worst defender on him and let battier chase someone around .. Seriously you guys
    arent getting the point .. We win because were great ..& we will continue to be contenders to get to the final 4 but thats it.. We wont beat miami & then okc.. So whats the point of getting there just to be happy ?

Kyle korver disappeared in that miami series, i dont know how he was the difference. Now we do need a shooter to space the floor, but when it was kyle korver time to do that in the miami series, he didnt deliver.

vCash
    The hard part is getting a shooter who can also guard Wade or LBJ since they will likely be playing the 2 or the 3 spot. There aren't many of those guys.

vCash
    If Jimmy and Rip can start stroking that 3 then you can forget about KK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunqn View Post

Whos going to stop lebron from guarding rose ? Deng ? Lol they would rather put their worst defender on him and let battier chase someone around .. Seriously you guys arent getting the point .. We win because were great ..& we will continue to be contenders to get to the final 4 but thats it.. We wont beat miami & then okc.. So whats the point of getting there just to be happy ?
    The Bulls recently have made two playoffs the last two seasons as the number one seed. First year they were 3 games away from making the finals and also that was Miami's first year together as well. Someone had to make it. That year it was Miami, so be it. Last season, the Bulls LOST THEIR SUPERSTAR and no team is going to win without their superstar, (not miami without lebron, not okc without durant, not clippers without cp3 etc.) so you can't judge last year's team that much. That kind of blow will sink any team in the playoffs for sure.

Belli imo is >> Korver. He can space the floor as well as get his own shot off.

Nate is >> lucas III because he is much more proven and plus is an offensive spark more consistently than lucas III ever showed.

Butler> Brewer even right now imo because not only does he bring great d but he also can hit shots as well as put the ball on the floor to score unlike Brewer.

Hinrich > Watson. Hinrich can run an offense and defend very well as well as get the ball to others in good spots. Watson yes is a better scorer but that's not what the Bulls need with their backup pg right now because Watson couldn't run an offense. Plus Hinrich has more size as well.

Boozer is playing better now than he was at any point last season and seems to finally be 100% healthy and getting the ball finally (see watson/hinrich post).

Noah is Noah, and Deng is Deng. Two all stars that you re discrediting for some reason that I don't know why. Also did you see how Noah is a frontrunner for DPOY? I guess you haven't.

Dequan cook is another guy that can be brought in to score the 3 ball if need to provide offense.

Asik I'll admit is a loss and I really hope the Bulls can maybe get another big to backup Noah so that he doesn't wear down. That is part of the reason I didn't include hamilton because idk what the Bulls will do with him from here until the trade deadline but if he stays, he'll be another guy who can score (and a team can never have too many of those).

IMO I wouldn't discount the Bulls so quickly if Rose comes back. It doesn't seem like he has to do everything now and that he can give the ball away and be a spectator of sorts because all these games the Bulls are playing (a number of close ones) they are getting different guys finishing out games which only helps build their confidence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vnodnarb View Post
    The hard part is getting a shooter who can also guard Wade or LBJ since they will likely be playing the 2 or the 3 spot. There aren't many of those guys.
    Rip and Butler will give Wade a nightmare matchup. One will shut him down while the other will run his old *** around the court.

vCash
    If our scoring improves then we'll definitely kick cryami's ***. Right now our scoring is pitiful and pathetic and it's rank at #28 out of 30 teams in the league only above the Pacers and the Wizards.

BULLS ZORD

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast