Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I think you should make up your own mind, and you clearly have. As for why anyone would think otherwise?

The credibility of the people involved is somewhat questionable. Here are some examples...
    • No one ever denied that Woody was responsible for Tebow until it clearly became a disaster. Then suddenly, Woody claimed getting Tebow was his idea.
    • Tanny claimed that he has made every personnel decision for the Jets, despite the fact that he and Rex have both publicly stated that Rex gets one pick per draft.
    • Bart Scott and Jim Leonard were clearly recruited and signed by Rex, however if we are to believe Tanny, they were his decision.

The list goes on, including things that happened during Mangini's tenure. I do believe that as the GM, Tanny had to make the final decision on who to put on the roster, and negotiated the contracts. I also think that he did things that were not his preference because his boss was telling him to do them...and I'm not criticizing him for it. Sometimes you get outranked.

Keep in mind that if other former Jets were to refute Tanny's words, I wouldn't necessarily assume that means Tanny lied. There could very easily be former employees with an axe to grind. I think we'll never know the truth about this, and I'm okay with that.

I just happen to believe Tebow was Woody's idea, and recent denials don't prove anything that to be false. Woody and Rex could have a very good reason not to want the truth told, and Tanny has millions of reasons to keep quiet.

That doesn't make me right, and it doesn't make me wrong. Insisting that either of these "truths" is right or wrong, is stubborn.
    You make that statement as a factual statement when it is purely speculatory. There is a difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Well...I know a lot of people hate on him, and he obviously was part of some major decisions that went awry (sp?)

I hope the above article shows he is a good person, well spoken, and speaks wit much dignity and shows respect to his past and those that were around him.

this
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    Well...I know a lot of people hate on him, and he obviously was part of some major decisions that went awry (sp?)

I hope the above article shows he is a good person, well spoken, and speaks wit much dignity and shows respect to his past and those that were around him.

I may have wanted him fired, and was definitely happy when it happen. But you have to appreciate his honesty and attitude. Things just didn't work out. I can live with that.

vCash
    I think the big point Magoo is trying to make is that the surface doesnt matter, you need to look at the Motifs...Rex and Woody had motif to keep their face clean on this one, where Tanny has nothing to lose and has motivation to take the blame as to stay compliant with his 2year payout.
    I agree with this theory, but who cares in the long run. The season is over and we have a new Gm. It does not matter who brought in Tebow. I want to see what we're going to do now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I think you should make up your own mind, and you clearly have. As for why anyone would think otherwise?

The credibility of the people involved is somewhat questionable. Here are some examples...
    • No one ever denied that Woody was responsible for Tebow until it clearly became a disaster. Then suddenly, Woody claimed getting Tebow was his idea.
    • Tanny claimed that he has made every personnel decision for the Jets, despite the fact that he and Rex have both publicly stated that Rex gets one pick per draft.
    • Bart Scott and Jim Leonard were clearly recruited and signed by Rex, however if we are to believe Tanny, they were his decision.

The list goes on, including things that happened during Mangini's tenure. I do believe that as the GM, Tanny had to make the final decision on who to put on the roster, and negotiated the contracts. I also think that he did things that were not his preference because his boss was telling him to do them...and I'm not criticizing him for it. Sometimes you get outranked.

Keep in mind that if other former Jets were to refute Tanny's words, I wouldn't necessarily assume that means Tanny lied. There could very easily be former employees with an axe to grind. I think we'll never know the truth about this, and I'm okay with that.

I just happen to believe Tebow was Woody's idea, and recent denials don't prove anything that to be false. Woody and Rex could have a very good reason not to want the truth told, and Tanny has millions of reasons to keep quiet.

That doesn't make me right, and it doesn't make me wrong. Insisting that either of these "truths" is right or wrong, is stubborn.

I'm contridicting my previous statement but I wanted to add something else.

I find it hard to believe that it was solely his idea to bring Tebow in to fill this "role" but then not have anything in play when he got here. This years offensive scheme is of one with a staff that had no idea how to utilize its "Biggest pickup" of the off season. Of course my reasoning behind this is that no GM/Coaching staff would purposely trade or sign someone they had no idea how to make useful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MLB2K10King View Post
    I agree with this theory, but who cares in the long run. The season is over and we have a new Gm. It does not matter who brought in Tebow. I want to see what we're going to do now.
    Well..I would disagree with that...see the Tebow thing impacted the "circus", created a lot of disarray, and essentially could have been what led to the demise of this season, in which a man lost his job.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Well..I would disagree with that...see the Tebow thing impacted the "circus", created a lot of disarray, and essentially could have been what led to the demise of this season, in which a man lost his job.
    Several men lost their jobs.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Several men lost their jobs.
    We all lost our jobs because of it.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123