Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,272
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Well it proves one thing, Mr. Magoo. It proves that you wealthy college boys don't have the education enough to admit when you're wrong.
    Well Clay, you must not be a college boy, because then you would understand the many college boys are broke as ****.

    Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,272
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post
    We should be able to close the book on this one. The fact that Woody and Rex both exonerated themselves and Tanny openly admitted it should be enough. This will probably be the last word on the subject, ever, I don't see a leak coming out in the future saying otherwise so we have to take it for what it's worth.
    I think the big point Magoo is trying to make is that the surface doesnt matter, you need to look at the Motifs...Rex and Woody had motif to keep their face clean on this one, where Tanny has nothing to lose and has motivation to take the blame as to stay compliant with his 2year payout.

    Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,156
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    I think the big point Magoo is trying to make is that the surface doesnt matter, you need to look at the Motifs...Rex and Woody had motif to keep their face clean on this one, where Tanny has nothing to lose and has motivation to take the blame as to stay compliant with his 2year payout.
    Sure, we can speculate how ever we wish. But until there are contradicting stories or statements then the discussion is closed. The fact that they all say the same thing makes me believe that that is how it unfolded.

    They may have corroborated their stories to put the blame on Tannenbaum, but why? Anyway, I don't see the big deal anyway. They made an acquisition, in the best interest of the team, and it backfired. Big deal. It's not like we paid Haynesworth $100 million or some crap like that. Any one of these guys could take the blame and it matters not to me who was responsible.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    14,985
    vCash
    1500
    Q: Do you think the team is better than the current perception?

    MT: Without question. Iím excited about the future. There are a lot of good players under contract, and I think John Idzik is going to do a really good job. Iíve known John for a long time. Heís really smart. Heís really thorough. Iím sure heís going to take the plans that were in place, tweak them and put his thoughts on it. I think the future for the team is really bright.

    The one part of the interview I 100% wholeheartedly DISAGREE with. I am not excited about the future right now of this team: You have very few people on this roster that will be around 5 years from now; you have ZERO QB's or RB's on your roster to get excited about; your whole LB corp, except maybe Harris and Davis is going to have to be rebuilt; you have ZERO #1 WR and a BUNCH of guys there that wouldn't be any more than #3 or #4 WR's on the majority of NFL Teams; you have an up in the air CB situation; your offensive line, outside of Mangold and Ferguson is squat. I know people will get mad at me for this, but it is the truth. The only way you can say the future is bright if you think that guys like Bilal Powell will all of a sudden turn into Adrian Peterson, Vladimir Ducasse will all of a sudden justify his 2nd round status when he hasn't in 4 years, Stephen Hill all of a sudden becomes Calvin Johnson and personally, I don't see it happening!
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post
    Sure, we can speculate how ever we wish. But until there are contradicting stories or statements then the discussion is closed. The fact that they all say the same thing makes me believe that that is how it unfolded.

    They may have corroborated their stories to put the blame on Tannenbaum, but why? Anyway, I don't see the big deal anyway. They made an acquisition, in the best interest of the team, and it backfired. Big deal. It's not like we paid Haynesworth $100 million or some crap like that. Any one of these guys could take the blame and it matters not to me who was responsible.
    That's in good perspective.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post
    Sure, we can speculate how ever we wish. But until there are contradicting stories or statements then the discussion is closed. The fact that they all say the same thing makes me believe that that is how it unfolded.

    They may have corroborated their stories to put the blame on Tannenbaum, but why? Anyway, I don't see the big deal anyway. They made an acquisition, in the best interest of the team, and it backfired. Big deal. It's not like we paid Haynesworth $100 million or some crap like that. Any one of these guys could take the blame and it matters not to me who was responsible.
    Are you familiar with the concept of scapegoating?

    At least Realistik understands my point. I'm not saying this is true or untrue. Unlike some people, I don't claim to know what really happend. I'm simply pointing out that Tanny has a very good reason to say what he's told to say, if that is in fact what happened.
    Last edited by Mr. Magoo; 01-30-2013 at 05:19 PM.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,156
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Are you familiar with the concept of scapegoating?

    At least Realistik understands my point. I'm not saying this is true or untrue. Unlike some people, I don't claim to know what really happend. I'm simply pointing out that Tanny has a very good reason to say what he's told to say, if that is in fact what happened.
    It's not that I don't understand. It is just that until we hear anything to the contrary of what the people involved seem to be unanimous about, I will take it as truth.

    Why would anyone think otherwise until mentioned by those responsible in the decision making process? Why hasn't Joey Clinkscales come out with anything pertaining to this? He is no longer in the organization and probably would have been privy to the goings on in the FO of the Jets. I think he stays quiet because there is nothing to add that has not been said already.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post
    It's not that I don't understand. It is just that until we hear anything to the contrary of what the people involved seem to be unanimous about, I will take it as truth.

    Why would anyone think otherwise until mentioned by those responsible in the decision making process? Why hasn't Joey Clinkscales come out with anything pertaining to this? He is no longer in the organization and probably would have been privy to the goings on in the FO of the Jets. I think he stays quiet because there is nothing to add that has not been said already.
    I think you should make up your own mind, and you clearly have. As for why anyone would think otherwise?

    The credibility of the people involved is somewhat questionable. Here are some examples...
    • No one ever denied that Woody was responsible for Tebow until it clearly became a disaster. Then suddenly, Woody claimed getting Tebow was his idea.
    • Tanny claimed that he has made every personnel decision for the Jets, despite the fact that he and Rex have both publicly stated that Rex gets one pick per draft.
    • Bart Scott and Jim Leonard were clearly recruited and signed by Rex, however if we are to believe Tanny, they were his decision.



    The list goes on, including things that happened during Mangini's tenure. I do believe that as the GM, Tanny had to make the final decision on who to put on the roster, and negotiated the contracts. I also think that he did things that were not his preference because his boss was telling him to do them...and I'm not criticizing him for it. Sometimes you get outranked.

    Keep in mind that if other former Jets were to refute Tanny's words, I wouldn't necessarily assume that means Tanny lied. There could very easily be former employees with an axe to grind. I think we'll never know the truth about this, and I'm okay with that.

    I just happen to believe Tebow was Woody's idea, and recent denials don't prove anything that to be false. Woody and Rex could have a very good reason not to want the truth told, and Tanny has millions of reasons to keep quiet.

    That doesn't make me right, and it doesn't make me wrong. Insisting that either of these "truths" is right or wrong, is stubborn.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,156
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I think you should make up your own mind, and you clearly have. As for why anyone would think otherwise?

    The credibility of the people involved is somewhat questionable. Here are some examples...
    • No one ever denied that Woody was responsible for Tebow until it clearly became a disaster. Then suddenly, Woody claimed getting Tebow was his idea.
    • Tanny claimed that he has made every personnel decision for the Jets, despite the fact that he and Rex have both publicly stated that Rex gets one pick per draft.
    • Bart Scott and Jim Leonard were clearly recruited and signed by Rex, however if we are to believe Tanny, they were his decision.



    The list goes on, including things that happened during Mangini's tenure. I do believe that as the GM, Tanny had to make the final decision on who to put on the roster, and negotiated the contracts. I also think that he did things that were not his preference because his boss was telling him to do them...and I'm not criticizing him for it. Sometimes you get outranked.

    Keep in mind that if other former Jets were to refute Tanny's words, I wouldn't necessarily assume that means Tanny lied. There could very easily be former employees with an axe to grind. I think we'll never know the truth about this, and I'm okay with that.

    I just happen to believe Tebow was Woody's idea, and recent denials don't prove anything that to be false. Woody and Rex could have a very good reason not to want the truth told, and Tanny has millions of reasons to keep quiet.

    That doesn't make me right, and it doesn't make me wrong. Insisting that either of these "truths" is right or wrong, is stubborn.
    I dig on what you are saying. I agree that we cannot definitively know whether or not Woody pulled the trigger on this deal. But without a smoking gun there is nothing really to talk about.

    I'll leave it at that. No point in arguing about this as neither one of us can prove or disprove the existence of God, whoops I mean if Johnson made the final decision on Tebow. I just want to know why you think he did if I may pry?

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post
    I dig on what you are saying. I agree that we cannot definitively know whether or not Woody pulled the trigger on this deal. But without a smoking gun there is nothing really to talk about.

    I'll leave it at that. No point in arguing about this as neither one of us can prove or disprove the existence of God, whoops I mean if Johnson made the final decision on Tebow. I just want to know why you think he did if I may pry?
    Oh, God exists...and he's a mean kid sitting on an ant hill with a magnifying glass.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,156
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Oh, God exists...and he's a mean kid sitting on an ant hill with a magnifying glass.
    That's what I thought but Rex and Woody said differently.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post
    That's what I thought but Rex and Woody said differently.
    Well then...I'll have to rethink my position.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    571
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LwNyjets88 View Post
    Why are we hated by the media, I just don't get it ?
    We aren't hated by the media. Unfortunately, some of "we" or us are sheep who follow the media blindly.

    Then there are some who are so anti-media that they assume everything the media reports has to be garbage or false.

    The media doesn't really even hate the Jets. Well some of them do, but many of them are just doing their jobs in the only way they know how. Sadly, what currently passes for journalism in the social media driven society in which we live, the true journalist has become an endangered species.

    Too many of today's "journalist" think it's their job to rile the masses instead of reporting the news because if they don't, someone else will.
    I know but there not reporting anything factual, just fake rumors and opinion .

    If I wanted an opinion, I would listen to the mike and mike in the morning show


    PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LwNyjets88 View Post
    I know but there not reporting anything factual, just fake rumors and opinion .

    If I wanted an opinion, I would listen to the mike and mike in the morning show
    They still have to sell newspapers, and when there's no news they just make it up. That doesn't mean that everything they report is made up...even when people deny it.

    The problem that causes is that it leaves the general public (like us) left to wonder what's real, and what's not.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    7,796
    vCash
    1500
    At this point I don't think they even remember the truth. So much BS has transpired and so many changes of story have surfaced that I don't think it will ever be laid out truthfully. And it doesn't matter anymore.

    Fix the problems and this too will pass.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •