Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,825
    vCash
    1500

    WWE: Raw average 5 million viewers

    http://www.pwmania.com/wwe-speculate...iewership-news

    I know ratings don't really tell the whole story, but wow. 2nd hour was over 5
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Squibble Squabble

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Mecca
    Posts
    13,540
    vCash
    1000
    Rock brs ratings.... Didn't RAW just have like only 2.5 million viewers a few months ago ?lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

    This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

    This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

    I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

    This is going to be a piece of cake.

    12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    7,310
    vCash
    1500
    wow...


    LETS GO HEAT




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    64,271
    vCash
    500
    Rock really does bring eyes to the product, although as mentioned by someone else in the Raw thread lack of competition also helps.

    Also they were coming off of one of WWE's biggest PPVs so a lot of people would tune in anyway.



    Catches: 6 Yards: 72 TDs: 1

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    18,399
    vCash
    1500
    Rock is great for the company no matter what people think...even if you are not a fan of his...and I am not.
    DUDA


    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

    with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    39,153
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    Rock brs ratings.... Didn't RAW just have like only 2.5 million viewers a few months ago ?lol
    No, you might be thinking of a 2.5 rating. That's not the number of viewers.

    RAW did a 3.63 rating. I'e also read that it was a 3.7. Which is huge for them and it's the largest since RAW 1,000. BUT, don't credit this solely on the Rock. Ratings are always up this time of year. And ratings for this RAW (the one after the Rumble are always huge). Last year, this same RAW did a 3.55. The year before it did a 3.5. The year before that it did a 3.63. (without Rock). His title win obviously put them over that mark. But I think all-around the WWE is doing much better this year than last. And really, this rating is great news for WWE, but it's not too out of the norm.

    But, with that said, they have to be happy to have done it on a 3 hour RAW, something those other shows were not. At the end of the day though, this isn't as huge as what people are making it out to be.

    Rock isn't that big of a tv ratings draw for RAW since he returned. What he does is increase buy rates and attendance and exposure. We will see how big of an effect he had when the Royal Rumble buy rate comes in. I'm expecting over 550,000.
    Last edited by Driven; 01-29-2013 at 10:35 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,825
    vCash
    1500
    No Monday night football
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Squibble Squabble

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    39,153
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The X View Post
    No Monday night football
    You can't compare this RAW to past RAWs, especially ones from months ago. You compare this RAW to the previous years equivalent.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    39,153
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    His title win obviously put them over that mark.
    I'm going to expand on this quickly. There's two parts to this - the Rock and the title (as well as potentially Punk losing the title). You can attribute the extra rating points to Rock, but you're forgetting about the title. Ratings are always increased by a major title switch. Remember when Edge won the title at New Year's Revolution and then RAW did an absolutely monster rating the next night? For the same reason. The title is a draw. The last time a major title changed at a Rumble was 2009, and that was the Smackdown title.

    People generally tune into the RAW after the Rumble because of the Rumble itself. This time they tuned in because of that and another huge match, one with a title change.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,680
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    No, you might be thinking of a 2.5 rating. That's not the number of viewers.

    RAW did a 3.63 rating. I'e also read that it was a 3.7. Which is huge for them and it's the largest since RAW 1,000. BUT, don't credit this solely on the Rock. Ratings are always up this time of year. And ratings for this RAW (the one after the Rumble are always huge). Last year, this same RAW did a 3.55. The year before it did a 3.5. The year before that it did a 3.63. (without Rock). His title win obviously put them over that mark. But I think all-around the WWE is doing much better this year than last. And really, this rating is great news for WWE, but it's not too out of the norm.

    But, with that said, they have to be happy to have done it on a 3 hour RAW, something those other shows were not. At the end of the day though, this isn't as huge as what people are making it out to be.

    Rock isn't that big of a tv ratings draw for RAW since he returned. What he does is increase buy rates and attendance and exposure. We will see how big of an effect he had when the Royal Rumble buy rate comes in. I'm expecting over 550,000.
    Comparing years without the context of the cards is kind of unfair. Example: The WM before Rock's return, WM 26, had some legit matches/names to interest people (both in the buildup and for the ppv itself). You had:

    Y2J vs Edge (WHC) *
    HBk vs Taker (Streak vs Career) *
    Bret Hart vs VKM *
    Cena vs Batista (WWE Championshp) *
    Mysterio vs Punk
    HHH vs Sheamus
    ShoMiz vs R-Truth/Morrison
    Orton vs Legacy
    MIB match (won by Swagger)
    Divas match

    I put star next to the matches that would get people excited. Guys like Orton, Miz and Big Show (ShoMiz), R-Triuth and Morrison, HHH, were all in the first 4 matches.

    Now look at WM27's card (No Y2J):

    Cena vs Miz (wwe championship)
    Taker vs HHH (not the same hype as the year before) *
    Orton vs Punk
    Lawler vs Cole
    The Core vs Kane, Show, Santino, and Kofi
    Rhodes vs Mysterio
    Edge vs ADR (?)
    Snookie, Trish, Morrison vs Dolph and LayCool

    The only match that was a seller was HHH vs Taker, which didn't have the same hype as HBK vs Taker with it being HBK's last match (or because HBK > HHH). Maybe the Edge vs ADR match interested people? Punk was still a mid carder so Orton vs Punk didn't do much.

    No way this card should be a WM card, no way this card should draw anyone's interest, and no way this card/ the raws leading up to it do as well without Rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    39,153
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Comparing years without the context of the cards is kind of unfair. Example: The WM before Rock's return, WM 26, had some legit matches/names to interest people (both in the buildup and for the ppv itself). You had:

    Y2J vs Edge (WHC) *
    HBk vs Taker (Streak vs Career) *
    Bret Hart vs VKM *
    Cena vs Batista (WWE Championshp) *
    Mysterio vs Punk
    HHH vs Sheamus
    ShoMiz vs R-Truth/Morrison
    Orton vs Legacy
    MIB match (won by Swagger)
    Divas match

    I put star next to the matches that would get people excited. Guys like Orton, Miz and Big Show (ShoMiz), R-Triuth and Morrison, HHH, were all in the first 4 matches.

    Now look at WM27's card (No Y2J):

    Cena vs Miz (wwe championship)
    Taker vs HHH (not the same hype as the year before) *
    Orton vs Punk
    Lawler vs Cole
    The Core vs Kane, Show, Santino, and Kofi
    Rhodes vs Mysterio
    Edge vs ADR (?)
    Snookie, Trish, Morrison vs Dolph and LayCool

    The only match that was a seller was HHH vs Taker, which didn't have the same hype as HBK vs Taker with it being HBK's last match (or because HBK > HHH). Maybe the Edge vs ADR match interested people? Punk was still a mid carder so Orton vs Punk didn't do much.

    No way this card should be a WM card, no way this card should draw anyone's interest, and no way this card/ the raws leading up to it do as well without Rock.
    I don't even know how this is even remotely relevant to anything. None of this has absolutely anything to do with any of these post-Rumble ratings. I mean it has nothing at all.

    But a side note - Cole vs. Lawler was a huge draw.
    Last edited by Driven; 01-30-2013 at 12:11 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    39,153
    vCash
    1500
    I mean, Hell, ratings don't even correlate to PPV buys, so I really have no idea what you're trying to say. And Wrestlemania builds haven't even begun by the Rumble.
    Last edited by Driven; 01-30-2013 at 12:14 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    11,432
    vCash
    1500
    Raw ratings from about the Rumble to the Raw after Mania always usually outperform. Then they sink like a stone usually for the other 9.5 months.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,680
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    I don't even know how this is even remotely relevant to anything. None of this has absolutely anything to do with any of these post-Rumble ratings. I mean it has nothing at all.

    But a side note - Cole vs. Lawler was a huge draw.
    Let me ask a question: How is it relevant to try to compare the ratings of raw in prior years when they just started doing 3hr raw shows full time within the last year? Especially when you look at how putrid the ratings were for a lot of those shows minus the 1000th Raw. They have hit some all time lows since July. The raw after the RR has typically drawn well, but this year the circumstances were a different.

    Back to my original point:
    Note that I said example in the beginning of that post. It was an example of how Rock can improve the ratings leading up to a ppv and increase ppv buys.

    Rock came back for WM27 (which is why I'm comparing WMs), which had an inferior card to WM26, but still managed to outsell WM26. Rock does boost ratings/ppv. He isn't the savior some believe him to be, nor is he the sole reason the last raw did over 5 million viewers, but I doubt a 3 hour raw without Rock does that well.

    Also ratings show interest in the product, if ratings are super low, it would be insane to expect ppv to be high. In other words, if the demand for your product isn't high, how can that be good for your business (in this case ppv buys)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    Rock brs ratings.... Didn't RAW just have like only 2.5 million viewers a few months ago ?lol
    doesn't hurt that its not competeing with the NFL or BCS title game
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •