Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    If I can be that guy, I wonder if Jordan being here would be more of a distraction than anything else. I'm not at all convinced he's a draftable player.

Now, I absolutely love the rest of it. Realistic and still pretty.
    Jordan has the talent but, it is still unpolished talent he has good arm strength and I believe he is just shade faster than Aaron. And I don't see him as a distraction I know if you go by twitter a lot of Packers already like the kid and its not like he is gonna push to be starter and like I said it was just more of I would like to see him on the same team as his brother pick than a need or is going to happen pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Jordan has the talent but, it is still unpolished talent he has good arm strength and I believe he is just shade faster than Aaron. And I don't see him as a distraction I know if you go by twitter a lot of Packers already like the kid and its not like he is gonna push to be starter and like I said it was just more of I would like to see him on the same team as his brother pick than a need or is going to happen pick.
    Lol I obviously didn't think he was going to push to be the starter. I'd rather Aaron be worrying about him, the rest of the starting offense, the playbook.........rather than worrying about grooming his little brother. Ya feel?
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

vCash
    Lol I obviously didn't think he was going to push to be the starter. I'd rather Aaron be worrying about him, the rest of the starting offense, the playbook.........rather than worrying about grooming his little brother. Ya feel?
    I get ya but, I don't think that will be a problem. I think Rodgers helps with the QBs but, he leaves the actual grooming to the coaches. I think that it has its pros and cons. I think just like I feel with the Uptons in Atlanta that the brothers would push each other but, obviously you are gonna have that clash between brothers once in awhile.

I think the Bengals actually did it with Carson and Jordan Palmer and I don't think there was too big of a problem out there.

vCash
    Not saying anything huge. I just would rather not. Mostly because I don't see much there.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.

vCash
    I have him as a third round I really love his intensity and his playmaking ability but, I think his biggest knock is his tackling technique. this kid is gonna seriously hurt someone unless he works on his technique. But, I think his potential and depending on what he does at the combine could bump him to 2nd or lower him to like a 5th
    I think his foot is still bother him. You ever notice him go in and sees a bunch of guys coming in to pile up and he backs off like he's doing a Michael Jackson moon walk? He doesn't want to injure his foot again. Another thing I didn't like is he gives up on plays, doesn't play every play hard. I noticed you said you love his intensity so I'm curious what you saw. I also notice he talks about after plays, personally I'm not a fan of that. I think he'd be best utilized as a SS. Something close to the line so he can make plays close to the line of scrimmage.
    Ok so since people are already coming up with mocks I threw one together.

1st - Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame. This guy is just a solid football player I like his play style. He did have a bad game against Alabama but, who knows what that was. You can't throw away what he did in his college career over one game. Plus before all of the media circus and that game people were saying he could go number 1 overall and if he fell to us there is no way we could pass him up with Bishop coming off a serious injury, DJ smith coming off injury and Hawk is what he is.

2nd - Davonte Jones DE UCLA. He put on a show at the Senior Bowl, He is still a bit raw but, has lots of potential. I think he does have the ability to pack on a few more pounds. He has good football smarts. When I watched his highlights if he could separate from the block he would hover back and swat at the ball. He probably won't make it out of the first but, if he falls here take him.

3rd - Joseph Randle RB Oklahoma State. I thought his running style was like James Starks but, a healthier more talented Starks. He is fast can pass protect receive and has good vision would be a great pick up in the 3rd.

4th - Brian Schwenke C California - Another guy that really shined at the Senior Bowl. I am not sold on EDS as our Center of the future but, more of a stop gap. If Schwenke continues to do what he was doing at the Senior Bowl our Oline will be anchored for years to come.

5th - DJ Swearanger Safety South Carolina. I have a 3rd round tag on him but, he could easily fall here. He is a playmaker, big hitter, ball hawk, He has good speed and his coverage looked good. His biggest knock for me? his tackling. This kid can be coached on it but, if he doesn't work on it he will hurt someone or will get suspended.

6th - Marcus Davis WR Virginia Tech. Nice big kid. good speed nice hands We don't really need a number one receiver right away we need someone to sit back behind Nelson, Cobb, and Jones and I think Davis could be our 4 and redzone threat.

7th - Jordan Rodgers QB Vanderbilt. This is more of a "it would be really cool to see Jordan on the same team as Aaron pick" than it is a need. I like Coleman and think he comes in and has a real shot for the back up spot so we don't need a qb. But, if we go for one why not Jordan. I just saw the coolest thing happen when the Braves signed BJ Upton and traded for Justin Upton to unite brothers why not let the Packers do the same?
    I don't see Davonte Jones as a good fit for us. I'm guessing your thinking he'd be a good OLB. I just think he might be to stiff in the hips. Then again I thought the same about Perry.

I'm actually warming up to the idea of Joseph. Maybe it was that mock draft game that Norm ran that did it but I think he could be valuable in our system. I'm still curious of his 40 time. I always just saw him as kind of blah. Kind of like a Brandon Jackson but more power.

For a receiver, take a look at Stedman Bailey, if you haven't already. I really like this kid. I wish he was taller but I believe he plays with some toughness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    I think his foot is still bother him. You ever notice him go in and sees a bunch of guys coming in to pile up and he backs off like he's doing a Michael Jackson moon walk? He doesn't want to injure his foot again. Another thing I didn't like is he gives up on plays, doesn't play every play hard. I noticed you said you love his intensity so I'm curious what you saw. I also notice he talks about after plays, personally I'm not a fan of that. I think he'd be best utilized as a SS. Something close to the line so he can make plays close to the line of scrimmage.

I don't see Davonte Jones as a good fit for us. I'm guessing your thinking he'd be a good OLB. I just think he might be to stiff in the hips. Then again I thought the same about Perry.

I'm actually warming up to the idea of Joseph. Maybe it was that mock draft game that Norm ran that did it but I think he could be valuable in our system. I'm still curious of his 40 time. I always just saw him as kind of blah. Kind of like a Brandon Jackson but more power.

For a receiver, take a look at Stedman Bailey, if you haven't already. I really like this kid. I wish he was taller but I believe he plays with some toughness.
    Once people saw that Jones wreck two lineman in a row and look like he was as fast as lightning, I've heard nothing but people mocking him to GB for 5T.

vCash
    Once people saw that Jones wreck two lineman in a row and look like he was as fast as lightning, I've heard nothing but people mocking him to GB for 5T.
    5T maybe. I'd have to do more research on that. I'd imagine he'd have to gain some weight for that.

vCash
    5T maybe. I'd have to do more research on that. I'd imagine he'd have to gain some weight for that.
    All I know is what I saw at the SR Bowl so I certainly can't say much.

vCash
    I was really tired when I did my mock last night. Looking back at it I think I was way to optimistic. I think every single one of my picks will be gone before we pick that rd. I just more or less have really taken a liking to Franklin, Mcfadden, and Schwenke so was being a little to biased.

Has any1 checked out ogletree? He has excellent size and speed for the position but is still a bit raw. If him and Perry developed together it could really change the dynamic of this team. GB needs a couple players like that.

Derek Sherrod #78 -
    Games played -
    Sacks/Hits/Hurries allowed -
    PFF grade Run Blocking/Pass blocking -
    Pass Blocking Efficiency -

Mike Daniels #76- 2013 stats/2014 stats
    Games played - 17
    Sacks/Hits/Hurries -6.5/6/27
    Tackles/Stops - 23/23
    PFF Grade/Run defense/Pass Rush - 22.4/9.5/12
    Run Stop %/Pass Rushing Productivity- 8.6/9.3.
    PFF 3-4 DE position ranking overall grade/PRP - 6th/5th

vCash
    I'm changing my first pick to Matt Elam. He is really good in coverage and can play both Safety positions with SS being more natural to him. Burnett played mostly SS last year but Elam could get him back to his more natural FS position. He is so fn fierce I am still impressed just thinking about some of those hits(1 on his own player) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwWn253H2jk . I watched him and Swearinger for the last few hours again tonight to compare just them two.(Since there has been so much talk about him the last few weeks here) and they are actually kind of comparable but Elam is just a more complete player overall. Elam is a bit better in coverage and actually against the run also. Both can make stupid mistakes but is just mostly aggression which I think GB needs more of. The thing that worries me about Swearinger is I watched I think 6 games of his and every single game he is timid. I don't get it because he seems aggressive but once he gets around a few players or a pile he just gets out of the way. Why? Elam is jumping in there and making sure the ball carrier isn't going anywhere. Anyway I see Elam going in late first and Swearinger going late 3rd. I personally like Elam much more to go after him in the first than Swearinger in the 3rd.

Derek Sherrod #78 -
    Games played -

Games played - 17
    Tackles/Stops - 23/23

vCash

With Swearinger I guess by his intensity was his fight and his jawing when he made a good play. Now I think he does take it a little far where he would do it even it was a routine tackle but, the games that I watched I really didn't see him dog it any he played hard. I didn't know he injured his foot, but I did see him kind of back off a pile I just figured that was he heard the whistle and backed off. He does have a way to go but, I think he has the talent and the potential.

as for Datone Jones, no when I had looked at him I was reading him listed at around 280 and I thought he had the room to add maybe 10 more lbs and be 290 and could be a good end in our 3-4.

I have liked Joseph for awhile now, I would prefer Lacy but, I don't think he will be anywhere near where we draft.

I haven't looked at a lot of WRs so yeah I will go look at Bailey. The thing I really like about Davis is that he is listed as 6'4 and he looked to me like he had good speed also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    I was really tired when I did my mock last night. Looking back at it I think I was way to optimistic. I think every single one of my picks will be gone before we pick that rd. I just more or less have really taken a liking to Franklin, Mcfadden, and Schwenke so was being a little to biased.

Has any1 checked out ogletree? He has excellent size and speed for the position but is still a bit raw. If him and Perry developed together it could really change the dynamic of this team. GB needs a couple players like that.
    I've looked at the former S. In my opinion, it looks like he thinks he's still playing S. Because he has a hard time doing what ILB are suppose to do. I don't see him as a good run stopper. He struggles shedding blocks. I see the straight line speed that makes him so attractive to people but I don't see him play that way in game speed. If he has an open lane he'll go for it but I want to see him play like a LB and go for it hitting the linemen busting up plays. Not playing like a S waiting for the ball carrier. One major positive I had was his coverage skills. Very good coverage skills for a LB.
    I'm changing my first pick to Matt Elam. He is really good in coverage and can play both Safety positions with SS being more natural to him. Burnett played mostly SS last year but Elam could get him back to his more natural FS position. He is so fn fierce I am still impressed just thinking about some of those hits(1 on his own player) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwWn253H2jk . I watched him and Swearinger for the last few hours again tonight to compare just them two.(Since there has been so much talk about him the last few weeks here) and they are actually kind of comparable but Elam is just a more complete player overall. Elam is a bit better in coverage and actually against the run also. Both can make stupid mistakes but is just mostly aggression which I think GB needs more of. The thing that worries me about Swearinger is I watched I think 6 games of his and every single game he is timid. I don't get it because he seems aggressive but once he gets around a few players or a pile he just gets out of the way. Why? Elam is jumping in there and making sure the ball carrier isn't going anywhere. Anyway I see Elam going in late first and Swearinger going late 3rd. I personally like Elam much more to go after him in the first than Swearinger in the 3rd.
    My theory is it's because he injured his foot last year so he doesn't want it to get rolled up on. Personally, that concerns me.

vCash
    Oh I wonder if that is it. I really tried focusing in on why he was doing it and wasn't 100% sure. Multiple time's a pile would start moving towards him and he would start shuffling his feet backwards. Very awkward, IDK if I've ever seen it before.

Derek Sherrod #78 -
    Games played -

Games played - 17
    Tackles/Stops - 23/23

vCash
    The reason Ogletree would be attractive for Green Bay is I feel they would have the luxury of developing him behind Bishop, Jones, and Smith. If he was able to beat them out during training camp then great but if not he could learn the position. Watching the tape you wouldn't believe for a second he is a first rd pick but you do absolutely notice the size, athleticism, and huge potential.

Derek Sherrod #78 -
    Games played -

Games played - 17
    Tackles/Stops - 23/23

vCash
    The reason Ogletree would be attractive for Green Bay is I feel they would have the luxury of developing him behind Bishop, Jones, and Smith. If he was able to beat them out during training camp then great but if not he could learn the position. Watching the tape you wouldn't believe for a second he is a first rd pick but you do absolutely notice the size, athleticism, and huge potential.
    Other than a QB, I'm not sure drafting a player to develop in the 1st round is such a good idea.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast