Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    204
    vCash
    1500

    Users Mock Drafts

    not sure if creating a new thread was necessary but i did it and i am glad i did.

    i will start this off with my half*** mock that will probably be the most accurate, sensible mock draft your eyes will ever gaze upon. now, i have worked hard for the last 10 minutes or so to squeeze this golden egg out of my "mind rectum". so, without further ado...here.

    round 1. DE Sheldon Richardson- sheldon has the speed and ability to seperate from blocks that this D line needs. with the progression of neal, that would make a formidable duo. i also believe that worthy will come in to his own and have that quick first step he had in college. after all, i am an expert.

    round 2. ILB Kevin Minter- i dont really know much about minter except that he is consistant and more athletic than hawk. i really liked the limited amount of youtube ive watched on him though. i believe we are done with hawk...i would know...im a professional.

    round 3. RB Christine Michael- to me, michael should be a mid to late 2nd rounder (ive got a hard on for him, no homo). i believe he is the most balanced back i have seen in this draft and reminds me of a bigger more physical thurman thomas (its been awhile since ive watched "thurmus" though). anyways, i know he is awesome...i would know...

    round 4. C Mario Benavides- I finally decide to address our oline. i know alot of mocks have us taking the muli tasking player because all of our players suck at staying healthy but i believe we have a good group of interchangeable guys...they just need to stop falling like a bunch of...injury prone lineman. i know our line isnt the greatest but if aaron wants to get sacked less, tell him to throw the damn ball away!!! we could really get a good discussion going about that IMO. thread it norm?

    round 5. OLB Aaron Donald- if i know as much as i think i do...which i do, this just seems like the perfect pick at this point. i think he has the size to play just fine as a olb or a de in a pinch.

    this is were i could care less so i will just throw down a position of need and let you, the reader finish off my awesome, realistic, mock draft.

    round 6. CB i dont mind williams, however, i believe he will want to part ways when shields and hayward and house (maybe) push him off the starting roster.

    round 7. K. **** crosby! that is all.
    Last edited by ShowMeThemTDs; 01-29-2013 at 08:40 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,481
    vCash
    1500
    This is a really good thread idea!

    Really good mock. I'd be very happy with that.

    Hopefully this will encourage more of these.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.


    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    204
    vCash
    1500
    thank you norm, cant say its the best idea at this point. i usually like to see the combine before i make these. you know, the guy that can lift the most, run the fastest etc etc. jumps right up draft boards. cant say i agree with that though. i like the teams that stick to their guns...like the packers usually do.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,017
    vCash
    500
    Man, I would love those first 3 picks even though I feel it is dreaming a bit in each case. I personally think Richardson will be a top 20 pick, Minter will be a 1st, and Michael a 2nd. Just my opinion but anything is possible. Benavides I'm 50/50 on. It depends on who else is on the board I guess but I honestly think I'd take Schwenke. I'm really diggin what I've seen from him.

    EDIT:I noticed a few sites(CBS is one) now has Schwenke as a 4th rd pick and the 4th rated Center. Another site now has him as a 3rd rd pick so his stock has gone up like crazy over the last 2 weeks. CBS has benavides as a 7th-FA. I wonder if it is because his size. Has to be a bit concerning. Wonder what he weighs at the combine because he is listed at 280. I'm curious why Benavides is graded so low now. It wasn't like that the last time I checked. I thought he had a mid rd grade.
    Last edited by Kevolu; 01-30-2013 at 06:45 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,017
    vCash
    500
    Alright I will get down on this. Try anyway.

    1st-Alec Ogletree ILB- This is the hardest pick and who knows who will drop to the Packers. With this pick I'm assuming Te'o drops and the Bears grab him instead of Ogletree(Hoping anyway). A big and athletic ILB will help the Packers more than any of us could imagine. Pairing with Bishop this could be an excellent duo for a long time and finally making the LB group as a whole a team strength.
    Secondary option - Keenan Allen,

    2nd- Bennie Logan DE- Once again I feel GB uses a 2nd on a DE. Logan would be good value at the end of the 2nd and has a very high ceiling. Would be a DE in the 3-4. He is really good against the run and his athletic ability gives him huge potential as a pass rusher.
    Secondary option - Sylvester Williams

    3rd- Jonathan Franklin RB- I said this a couple days ago but this guy screams a TT pick to me. He has proven to be durable and has produced.. Had questions going into his senior season(Fumbles and receiving) and answered both of them by excelling in both areas. Being a good receiver and very good blocker allows him to be at the very least the 3rd down back his rookie year. Good size and speed should allow him to transition smoothly to the college game.

    4th- Leon Mcfadden CB - This guy is a complete player in my book. Has good size and speed, Is tough in man coverage and smart enough to play Zone. He is an aggressive defender who isn't afraid to make a hit, Has good instincts and playmaking ability. I personally believe he will be the 2013 version of Casey Hayward both because I feel he can perform his rookie year and they are similar players.

    5th- Brian Schwenke C/G - Centers aren't highly drafted if they were I feel he would be gone by the end of the 3rd. Would be excellent value here. Played Guard all the way until his senior year and transitioned smoothly. Quick off the snap and uses good leverage. Performed well against some of the more NFL ready DT's he faced including every1 he went against at the Senior bowl.

    6th - Chris Harper WR - A thick WR at 230 lbs and 6'1''. He catches with his hands and is a smart player that hasn't came close to reaching his ceiling. If he was still around here GB would score with this pick.

    7th your guess is as good as mine. I'm not even sure of players this low. I guessed on the sixth with Chris Harper who I personally think will be gone by then.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,017
    vCash
    500
    I'm curious what DE's do you guys like in this draft. I like Bennie logan but have only seen a handful of games of his. There doesn't seem to be a bunch of 3-4 DE's all bunched together as a late first early 2nd pick like there was last year. There are a lot of 3-4 OLB players so maybe TT goes with one of them and gets creative with Matthews, Perry and the rook. I just thought of that. That would be interesting. After seeing this class I wonder if TT is thinking he should of did something different with his first rd pick last year(I'm very excited to see what Perry can do this year. In limited chances he actually did better than I thought as a pass rusher and against the run).

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    204
    vCash
    1500
    great picks, i like the franklin pick but like i stated above, ive got a man crush on michael. i think this mock fill our need perfectly and is probably a little more realistic. like i said before, i usually get a better idea of mocks after the combine, you never know what kind of top 20 talent could fall out of the first and in some casses draft picks considered top talents fall right out of the draft (burfict).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,673
    vCash
    1500
    I'll give it a go. Its so hard to predict where guys will end up at this point.

    1-Jonathan Cooper G/C North Carolina
    2-DJ Swearinger S South Carolina
    3-Aaron Dobson WR Marshall
    4-Brandon Williams DE Southern Missouri
    4-Christine Michael RB Texas A&M
    5-Vince Williams LB Florida State

    That's as far as I'm comfortable going.
    Quote Originally Posted by percyhoward View Post
    I must have misunderstood the smily. I thought I was offering him an orange.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,481
    vCash
    1500
    2-DJ Swearinger S South Carolina
    Where did this start? I just cannot POSSIBLY believe he goes round 2 but I keep hearing it more and more.

    (this isn't really directed at you at all, I keep hearing it allt he time and I find it odd)
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.


    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,673
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget:25261391
    2-DJ Swearinger S South Carolina
    Where did this start? I just cannot POSSIBLY believe he goes round 2 but I keep hearing it more and more.

    (this isn't really directed at you at all, I keep hearing it allt he time and I find it odd)
    I kinda agree, I remember seeing him closer to round 4 not long ago. I think any of my 2nd - 4ths could go in any order.
    Quote Originally Posted by percyhoward View Post
    I must have misunderstood the smily. I thought I was offering him an orange.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,481
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ValuePick View Post
    I kinda agree, I remember seeing him closer to round 4 not long ago. I think any of my 2nd - 4ths could go in any order.
    That's a good point. Dobson and the DII kid vary a lot.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.


    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    17,930
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Where did this start? I just cannot POSSIBLY believe he goes round 2 but I keep hearing it more and more.

    (this isn't really directed at you at all, I keep hearing it allt he time and I find it odd)
    Yeah I agree. I got him as a 4th rounder. Not exactly sure why he's rising up the boards so fast.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    3,158
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    Yeah I agree. I got him as a 4th rounder. Not exactly sure why he's rising up the boards so fast.
    I have him as a third round I really love his intensity and his playmaking ability but, I think his biggest knock is his tackling technique. this kid is gonna seriously hurt someone unless he works on his technique. But, I think his potential and depending on what he does at the combine could bump him to 2nd or lower him to like a 5th
    Eddie Lacy


    Carries:284
    Yards: 1178
    Yards/Game: 78.5
    Average: 4.1
    Touchdowns: 11
    Catches: 35
    Yards: 257

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    3,158
    vCash
    500
    Ok so since people are already coming up with mocks I threw one together.


    1st - Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame. This guy is just a solid football player I like his play style. He did have a bad game against Alabama but, who knows what that was. You can't throw away what he did in his college career over one game. Plus before all of the media circus and that game people were saying he could go number 1 overall and if he fell to us there is no way we could pass him up with Bishop coming off a serious injury, DJ smith coming off injury and Hawk is what he is.

    2nd - Davonte Jones DE UCLA. He put on a show at the Senior Bowl, He is still a bit raw but, has lots of potential. I think he does have the ability to pack on a few more pounds. He has good football smarts. When I watched his highlights if he could separate from the block he would hover back and swat at the ball. He probably won't make it out of the first but, if he falls here take him.

    3rd - Joseph Randle RB Oklahoma State. I thought his running style was like James Starks but, a healthier more talented Starks. He is fast can pass protect receive and has good vision would be a great pick up in the 3rd.

    4th - Brian Schwenke C California - Another guy that really shined at the Senior Bowl. I am not sold on EDS as our Center of the future but, more of a stop gap. If Schwenke continues to do what he was doing at the Senior Bowl our Oline will be anchored for years to come.

    5th - DJ Swearanger Safety South Carolina. I have a 3rd round tag on him but, he could easily fall here. He is a playmaker, big hitter, ball hawk, He has good speed and his coverage looked good. His biggest knock for me? his tackling. This kid can be coached on it but, if he doesn't work on it he will hurt someone or will get suspended.

    6th - Marcus Davis WR Virginia Tech. Nice big kid. good speed nice hands We don't really need a number one receiver right away we need someone to sit back behind Nelson, Cobb, and Jones and I think Davis could be our 4 and redzone threat.

    7th - Jordan Rodgers QB Vanderbilt. This is more of a "it would be really cool to see Jordan on the same team as Aaron pick" than it is a need. I like Coleman and think he comes in and has a real shot for the back up spot so we don't need a qb. But, if we go for one why not Jordan. I just saw the coolest thing happen when the Braves signed BJ Upton and traded for Justin Upton to unite brothers why not let the Packers do the same?
    Eddie Lacy


    Carries:284
    Yards: 1178
    Yards/Game: 78.5
    Average: 4.1
    Touchdowns: 11
    Catches: 35
    Yards: 257

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,481
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Ok so since people are already coming up with mocks I threw one together.


    1st - Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame. This guy is just a solid football player I like his play style. He did have a bad game against Alabama but, who knows what that was. You can't throw away what he did in his college career over one game. Plus before all of the media circus and that game people were saying he could go number 1 overall and if he fell to us there is no way we could pass him up with Bishop coming off a serious injury, DJ smith coming off injury and Hawk is what he is.

    2nd - Davonte Jones DE UCLA. He put on a show at the Senior Bowl, He is still a bit raw but, has lots of potential. I think he does have the ability to pack on a few more pounds. He has good football smarts. When I watched his highlights if he could separate from the block he would hover back and swat at the ball. He probably won't make it out of the first but, if he falls here take him.

    3rd - Joseph Randle RB Oklahoma State. I thought his running style was like James Starks but, a healthier more talented Starks. He is fast can pass protect receive and has good vision would be a great pick up in the 3rd.

    4th - Brian Schwenke C California - Another guy that really shined at the Senior Bowl. I am not sold on EDS as our Center of the future but, more of a stop gap. If Schwenke continues to do what he was doing at the Senior Bowl our Oline will be anchored for years to come.

    5th - DJ Swearanger Safety South Carolina. I have a 3rd round tag on him but, he could easily fall here. He is a playmaker, big hitter, ball hawk, He has good speed and his coverage looked good. His biggest knock for me? his tackling. This kid can be coached on it but, if he doesn't work on it he will hurt someone or will get suspended.

    6th - Marcus Davis WR Virginia Tech. Nice big kid. good speed nice hands We don't really need a number one receiver right away we need someone to sit back behind Nelson, Cobb, and Jones and I think Davis could be our 4 and redzone threat.

    7th - Jordan Rodgers QB Vanderbilt. This is more of a "it would be really cool to see Jordan on the same team as Aaron pick" than it is a need. I like Coleman and think he comes in and has a real shot for the back up spot so we don't need a qb. But, if we go for one why not Jordan. I just saw the coolest thing happen when the Braves signed BJ Upton and traded for Justin Upton to unite brothers why not let the Packers do the same?
    If I can be that guy, I wonder if Jordan being here would be more of a distraction than anything else. I'm not at all convinced he's a draftable player.

    Now, I absolutely love the rest of it. Realistic and still pretty.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.


    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •