Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Why do short players not get the respect they deserve?

Isaiah Thomas just had on of the best PG games of the 2013 nba season, hitting a clutch shot against John Wall as well as going for 22/7 and doesn't get any recognition. Why? because he's a manlet. Being 5'8 nobody puts him in top 10 pg conversations yet he's been carrying the kings with his hustle and heart game in game out. If Isaiah was 6'1 he would easily have higher trade value, would easily be more desirable by other teams posters on psd yet he just gets thrown away like trash despite his incredible performances. Sure his averages aren't high, but when you have 3 decent pgs on your team(5 including salmons and tyreke) he won't be playing a lot of minutes, but when he gets a lot of minutes he almost always plays at an elite level.

So my question to you is this: Why is the nba and nba fans racist against short players? Despite their high level of play they do not get the same appraise or applause, this has to end, now.
    “Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
    Watch your words, for they become actions.
    Watch your actions, for they become habits.
    Watch your habits, for they become character.
    Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

- Charles Reade

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Isaiah Thomas just had on of the best PG games of the 2013 nba season, hitting a clutch shot against John Wall as well as going for 22/7 and doesn't get any recognition. Why? because he's a manlet. Being 5'8 nobody puts him in top 10 pg conversations yet he's been carrying the kings with his hustle and heart game in game out. If Isaiah was 6'1 he would easily have higher trade value, would easily be more desirable by other teams posters on psd yet he just gets thrown away like trash despite his incredible performances. Sure his averages aren't high, but when you have 3 decent pgs on your team(5 including salmons and tyreke) he won't be playing a lot of minutes, but when he gets a lot of minutes he almost always plays at an elite level.

So my question to you is this: Why is the nba and nba fans racist against short players? Despite their high level of play they do not get the same appraise or applause, this has to end, now.
    He averages like 2 1/2 assists a game bro...

vCash
    He average 11 and 3 this season what respect should he get from us?

vCash
    my sister has bigger arms than you

vCash
    Yes! Time to stand up for the little guys. How about this you make a thread everytime your short guy does something good and every time my short guy does something good (JJ Barea) I will make a thread. Let's get these guys the recognition they deserve.

vCash
    Kemba is a victim of this too.

vCash
    thomas is straight garbage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKdoubleStacker View Post
    my sister has bigger arms than you
    *grandmother

#wankfortiggins

vCash

Carrying the team to another high lottery pick for the Seattle Supersonics?
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash

um...Racist against short players?

That's incorrect.

vCash
    (pretending he's not a troll, which he is), I love that he considers 22/7/4 on average efficiency against the Wiz "one of the greatest PG games of the 2013 season".

That's may be his best game of the 2013 season. But does not sniff the top 50 PG games of the 2013 season.

vCash
    I would take little Nathan over all of these little chumps
    Haters gonna Hate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    (pretending he's not a troll, which he is), I love that he considers 22/7/4 on average efficiency against the Wiz "one of the greatest PG games of the 2013 season".

That's may be his best game of the 2013 season. But does not sniff the top 50 PG games of the 2013 season.
    I'm pretty sure Isiah had a 34 point game earlier this season.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    Thomas got a good amount of love last year. He just hasn't taken it to the next step and plays in a very crowded back court. Not sure what you want from people.

And I don't think people care about height. If you're good, you're good. Guys like Kemba and Isaiah don't get overlooked because they're short...it's because they play on terrible teams. Kemba does actually deserve more love. Unlike Thomas, he's actually been great.

Actual teams might prefer a 6-4 PG to a 5-11 PG if they're identical players. I don't think fans care though.

Also, I never get why I respond to you seriously. You said dude is "carrying" the Kings. Either you are truly just trying to be what people think you are, or you don't watch your favorite team play much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast