Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Shows that Giants and Steelers are so good at drafting

This should be more about how much turnover an organization has. I mean I support Ireland and this make of break for him, but turnover on roster is what this shows more for me

vCash
    This just shows that you can draft starting caliber players every year but if you don't have a good QB it's all for nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post

You really enjoy losing, don't you?
    we just dismantled our team and went into the season with a rookie QB and were competitive. Rome wasnt built in a day but no i hate losing. franchise QBs are hard to come by as you well know and its hard to get far without them
    Take Notes Rook

vCash

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    I'm not going to post any highlights of the article.
    Thank you; only wasted our time with reading the link, to horrible study.

Please do not comment on the topic unless you read and understand the stats.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-drafting.html
    I really did not need to even look at it, let alone read it, I did read it though. This Study is just crap; horrible statement of the organization & their website. They really embarrassed themselves, by showing their truly lack of research abilities or NFL knowledge!

AddiX, How could you have not figured this out before posting it and asking us to waste of times reading it??? Was it to make the point about bad research or slanted research or something else??

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I refuse to agree with this study on the sole fact they hold drafted starters in high regard.
    I could not agree more; let me add more to this huge negative of the waste of time study, anyone that has been a serious enough fan of The NFL & it’s draft, knows that Highly drafted players (the same is not done for Rookie FAs, Veteran FAs and even Veteran FAs with huge contracts that cannot used still developing excuses) will:

Be started, whether they earned it or not, especially 1st rd. draft picks & QBs.
    &
    Rarely be released within 3-NFL years, even if they should have been cut in first NFL year.
    All to justify the salary cap costs The Franchises spend on them and keep The GMs & others from being fired, more quickly.

We all know there are alot of players on this team that would not start for playoff teams. To me thats a major flaw.
    You know that; I do not know that to be true; strongly disagree. I would agree with some starting players, but no way a lot of the starters.

And really look at that top 5. They went a combined 23-57. Enough said about this "study".
    The win lost records include a lot of other things like FA, thus using them to pass judgement on drafting, and if using this bad study, is not valid.
    Last edited by GreatWhiteShark; 01-30-2013 at 06:31 PM.
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabmeone2 View Post
    This just shows that you can draft starting caliber players every year but if you don't have a good QB it's all for nothing.
    That is if it was done right; I happen to strongly disagree with that belief.
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    Did ireland pay to have this study taken?
    LOL! I believe that is right; a lot more than the study!

vCash
    Not bringing in a real qb until now was a big problem, but drafting starters over playmakers in almost every pick possible seems like the bigger problem. Last years draft showed thst those days are coming to an end though.

Last years draft gives me much hope that we have turned a corner.

But it still really sucks to see so many wasted picks over the years.

vCash
    Not bringing in a real qb until now was a big problem, but drafting starters over playmakers in almost every pick possible seems like the bigger problem. Last years draft showed thst those days are coming to an end though.

Last years draft gives me much hope that we have turned a corner.

But it still really sucks to see so many wasted picks over the years.
    Obviously, I disagree with The QB comment; but everything else I agree with.

I would that yes as a NFL & Miami fan every off-season, before The S B- for The MDs, I have (maybe, unreasonable) belief things will be better; but what has taken some percentage of the belief away is when everyone at The MDs saying they will go and spend money in The FA, this off-season.

vCash
    we have drafted playmakers in every year that Ireland has been the GM. Dez Bryant is the only top playmaker Ireland has been in position to get and passed
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Maybe this study just shows how bad our coaching has been over the past 5 years. If you can draft that many players to be starters its up to the coaching staff to develop them into better players and long term players. Not defending Ireland, just looking at a different side of things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    we have drafted playmakers in every year that Ireland has been the GM. Dez Bryant is the only top playmaker Ireland has been in position to get and passed
    You must be smoking something I swear.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildPhins10 View Post
    Shows that Giants and Steelers are so good at drafting

This should be more about how much turnover an organization has. I mean I support Ireland and this make of break for him, but turnover on roster is what this shows more for me
    BINGO! And it can be good or bad

vCash
    You must be smoking something I swear.....
    Usually it sure seems that way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by murcat410 View Post
    Maybe this study just shows how bad our coaching has been over the past 5 years. If you can draft that many players to be starters its up to the coaching staff to develop them into better players and long term players. Not defending Ireland, just looking at a different side of things.
    Coaching and lack of coaching does have a huge impact on all drafted picks success; so to a degree some of it has to be part of trying to validate the study. That would make sense; if it was not for the fact that as I posted before, GMs and others protect themselves by keep forcing players into starting positions, because they were incorrectly drafted so high, fans usually get most excited about. Plus, if it was not for so many early round busts (QB Pat White anyone?? Maybe, worse Miami pick ever; I not an expert, was like you have to be kidding me. Right after KR/WR Ted Ginn Jr. ) being surrounded by so many great players drafted around them.
    Last edited by GreatWhiteShark; 01-30-2013 at 10:32 PM. Reason: that as

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12