Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aLau10 View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but Gilbert Arenas was definitely one of my favorite players of all time. And I don't mean to overrate him or give him too much credit for what he has done throughout his career.

However, in his prime, Gilbert was known for hitting big shots. He was also so confident to the point where in a few games he can turn around and start walking back after launching up his shot.
    Here's one of the games to show those who haven't seen it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upjWBobZlns

There are several more aspects of his game which we should respect but this is where I meant to differentiate him with other players. Will there ever be a player that is as CONFIDENT as he was in his shots?

Let me know what you guys think.

P.S. I don't really like Kyrie Irving, I respect his game and hes a good player, but I just never liked him. Nonetheless, I do feel Kyrie might potentially be that type of player Agent 0 was.
    I get exactly what you're saying bro but I don't think the rest of the forum does then again this thread is not about Lebron/Knicks/Lakers so yeah you're going to get plenty of hate.

Back to the topic he was great to watch the man would literally put up 50 point games like it was nothing. Obviously injuries and stupid decisions destroyed his career but in his prime he was probably on of the best stars to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm2XO28YRYU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7ap-hsPvUo
    Last edited by Avenged24; 01-30-2013 at 01:59 AM. Reason: quoted edited post

vCash
    I'd take a prime healthy arenas over rose

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    him whipping out a gun in the locker room means that his legacy is something like a Latrell Sprewell or something--a very good player who unfortunately made incredibly stupid decisions and will just basically be remembered as an a-hole. Actually I liked Sprewell a lot, and I didn't like that coach he choked, Carlesimo the screamer or whatever; I thought Sprewell got a raw deal from the media, but he did a lot of things to make it worse.

Arenas pulling a gun in the locker room however is way worse than choking a coach, and brands him as an unstable idiot who's not suitable for the NBA or really for society in general. Seriously, if you think about what Arenas might have been thinking at that moment, you realize he must be a complete moron.

Sorry not to argue with your thread. Agent zero was a fine player and at one point was almost as good as Kobe, was dominating the East there for a while.
    How the hell is having a gun worse than choking someone?

Anyway, does everyone remember the time Arenas scored 50 against Portland?
    Dwight Howard is a Top 5 Center of All-Time, no one in this league can touch him.

The Orlando Magic are a dominant contender and are a better franchise than I ever thought possible.

Raph12 is always right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimal View Post
    His career FG% is 42%, says everything about the guy. Monta Ellis career FG% is 46%, yet they call him a chucker.
    Arenas is much more of a shooter.

Prime Gilbert>>Monta

Anyway, Allen Iverson?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    I get exactly what you're saying bro but I don't think the rest of the forum does then again this thread is not about Lebron/Knicks/Lakers so yeah you're going to get plenty of hate.

Back to the topic he was great to watch the man would literally put up 50 point games like it was nothing. Obviously injuries and stupid decisions destroyed his career but in his prime he was probably on of the best stars to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm2XO28YRYU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7ap-hsPvUo
    He put up 50 3 times in the 06-07 season. Never did it again...

vCash

There are several more aspects of his game which we should respect but this is where I meant to differentiate him with other players. Will there ever be a player that is as CONFIDENT as he was in his shots?

There are plenty of people just as if not more confident. He shot 42% for his career too. His confidence bordered on delusional

"We the best in the league, Tony!"

vCash
    I don't know about you guys, but Gilbert Arenas was definitely one of my favorite players of all time. And I don't mean to overrate him or give him too much credit for what he has done throughout his career.

However, in his prime, Gilbert was known for hitting big shots. He was also so confident to the point where in a few games he can turn around and start walking back after launching up his shot.

P.S. I don't really like Kyrie Irving, I respect his game and hes a good player, but I just never liked him. Nonetheless, I do feel Kyrie might potentially be that type of player Agent 0 was.
    I used hold my follow through and back peddle and i played D3

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    A score-first PG (or if you prefer, a SG in a PG's body) who shots a low FG% who is given a contract for more than he is work and gets injured and plays himself out of the league? I think the question is: Does the NBA need another Arenas?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash

Lillard.

Quote Originally Posted by Minimal View Post
    His career FG% is 42%, says everything about the guy. Monta Ellis career FG% is 46%, yet they call him a chucker.
    Gilbert was more efficient than Ellis could ever dream of.

Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin View Post
    I'd take a prime healthy arenas over rose
    Yea, Rose hasn't had a year as good as 06 Arenas yet imo.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    A friend of mine played in a summer league where is actually matched with Gilbert one day. He dropped 27. Gilbert did score 53 but he still made me watch grainy *** video of the game.

vCash
    Kyrie has played 85 or so games with 5 game winners. That's a hell of a start to his career, much faster than Gilbert. I tried Googling and seeing how many Gilbert had in his prime season, but was it 5 in a season? And that season came after multiple years in the league whereas Irving is putting up the clutch shots early and often. As his team's talent level increases into the middle contenders, he will have more competitive games and more opportunities for important shots.

Ice in his veins, haters making threads...
    Made by KnicksR4Real

Quote Originally Posted by GregOdenBust View Post
    Oh now everyone agrees that we should of drafted Lillard over Waiters What did I say before? Waiter is a bust not a stud and he will NEVER live up to the 4th pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    irving must die

vCash

ewing

Quote Originally Posted by CavsYanksDuke View Post
    Kyrie has played 85 or so games with 5 game winners. That's a hell of a start to his career, much faster than Gilbert. I tried Googling and seeing how many Gilbert had in his prime season, but was it 5 in a season? And that season came after multiple years in the league whereas Irving is putting up the clutch shots early and often. As his team's talent level increases into the middle contenders, he will have more competitive games and more opportunities for important shots.

Ice in his veins, haters making threads...
    Tell me about it

vCash
    gilbert averaged 30+ one season and has the record of most points scored by an opponent of the lakers. 60!!!!
    My TOP 10 favorite NBA players of All Time

1. Kobe Bryant
    2. Allen Iverson
    3. Reggie Miller
    4. Andrew Bynum
    5. Wilt Chamberlain
    6. Steve Nash
    7. Lamar Odom
    8. Ben Gordon
    9. Ray Allen
    10. Carmelo Anthony

vCash
    So will there ever be an above average chucker who got his big pay day then check out.. Yeah there will be many more, but none as crazy as gilbert

vCash
    too many talented confident guards in the league. if arenas was really that special, do you think he would be out of the nba by now?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast