Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Will there ever be another Gilbert Arenas...?

I don't know about you guys, but Gilbert Arenas was definitely one of my favorite players of all time. And I don't mean to overrate him or give him too much credit for what he has done throughout his career.

However, in his prime, Gilbert was known for hitting big shots. He was also so confident to the point where in a few games he can turn around and start walking back after launching up his shot.
    Here's one of the games to show those who haven't seen it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upjWBobZlns

There are several more aspects of his game which we should respect but this is where I meant to differentiate him with other players. Will there ever be a player that is as CONFIDENT as he was in his shots?

Let me know what you guys think.

P.S. I don't really like Kyrie Irving, I respect his game and hes a good player, but I just never liked him. Nonetheless, I do feel Kyrie might potentially be that type of player Agent 0 was.
    Last edited by Avenged24; 01-30-2013 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Admins just put out an announcement to not post videos...........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aLau10 View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but Gilbert Arenas was definitely one of my favorite players of all time. And I don't mean to overrate him or give him too much credit for what he has done throughout his career.

However, in his prime, Gilbert was known for hitting big shots. He was also so confident to the point where in a few games he can turn around and start walking back after launching up his shot.
    Here's one of the games to show those who haven't seen it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upjWBobZlns

There are several more aspects of his game which we should respect but this is where I meant to differentiate him with other players. Will there ever be a player that is as CONFIDENT as he was in his shots?

Let me know what you guys think.

P.S. I don't really like Kyrie Irving, I respect his game and hes a good player, but I just never liked him. Nonetheless, I do feel Kyrie might potentially be that type of player Agent 0 was.
    Russel Westbrook is about as confident as anyone in the league that his shot is going in.. Gilbert Arenas was just another PG who would rather shoot than pass the ball and you can see it in his FGA's as they reached in the low 20's in years.. He reminds me of Steve Franchise Francis.. there are plenty of PG's currently who would rather shoot... IE Brandon Jennings, or any PG on the Kings.
    Last edited by Avenged24; 01-30-2013 at 01:58 AM. Reason: quoted edited post

vCash
    Cool story bro

vCash
    So you're basing his confidence off of one game where he "walks" away confidently before the ball goes in? If you watch the video again, he clearly turned around after he saw the ball go in.

A small town called nunya god damn bidness
    vCash
    McGrady did that before Arenas did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    Russel Westbrook is about as confident as anyone in the league that his shot is going in.. Gilbert Arenas was just another PG who would rather shoot than pass the ball and you can see it in his FGA's as they reached in the low 20's in years.. He reminds me of Steve Franchise Francis.. there are plenty of PG's currently who would rather shoot... IE Brandon Jennings, or any PG on the Kings.
    He averaged 29 at least once

vCash
    His career FG% is 42%, says everything about the guy. Monta Ellis career FG% is 46%, yet they call him a chucker.
    Last edited by Minimal; 01-29-2013 at 07:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    So you're basing his confidence off of one game where he "walks" away confidently before the ball goes in? If you watch the video again, he clearly turned around after he saw the ball go in.
    I'm unsure whether you actually misread what I typed or you are illiterate. I don't mean to pose any offense to you personally, but I do believe I said "Here's ONE of the games".

Lol I'm not quite sure how else I can phrase this questions. When I said CONFIDENT I'm referring to people that shoot the ball and GET IT IN. Arenas chooses to shoot rather than pass because he knows his shots are gonna go in, not that he BELIEVES.

vCash
    Ooh, embedded video, I see what you did there.

And if you're asking if there will ever be another cocky, eccentric, but at the same time, stellar player in the league, I'd say yes.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    How did you embed the video? He must be an admin in disguise.

vCash
    plenty of them.

the players that are difficul tto repeat are those who are completely abnormal.

Like a 6, 9 Pg.

or a 5, 3 dude that manages to be relevant and a starter for a long time.

or a tall dude that averages more blocks than points for his career.

vCash
    A player supremely confident in his shot? Kobe.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    If Jamal Crawford gets his own team.

vCash
    him whipping out a gun in the locker room means that his legacy is something like a Latrell Sprewell or something--a very good player who unfortunately made incredibly stupid decisions and will just basically be remembered as an a-hole. Actually I liked Sprewell a lot, and I didn't like that coach he choked, Carlesimo the screamer or whatever; I thought Sprewell got a raw deal from the media, but he did a lot of things to make it worse.

Arenas pulling a gun in the locker room however is way worse than choking a coach, and brands him as an unstable idiot who's not suitable for the NBA or really for society in general. Seriously, if you think about what Arenas might have been thinking at that moment, you realize he must be a complete moron.

Sorry not to argue with your thread. Agent zero was a fine player and at one point was almost as good as Kobe, was dominating the East there for a while.
    Last edited by Sssmush; 01-29-2013 at 08:02 PM.

vCash
    Kyrie looked like GB the other night with the game winner vs. the Raptors.

#wankfortiggins

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast