Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    vCash
    Wow what is Colangelo doing
    Woj-
    The final hurdle for the salary dump of Memphis Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay to the Toronto Raptors hinges on finding a third team to absorb the expiring contract of Raptors guard Jose Calderon, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Grizzlies have inquired with multiple teams over the past several days, searching for a willing partner to facilitate a three-team deal, sources said. Despite organizational proclamations to the contrary, new Memphis ownership and management is determined to unload Gay and the $37 million owed him as soon as possible, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. Calderon has a $10.5 million expiring contract.

“With so many quality point guards, they’re struggling to find a spot for Calderon,” one league general manager told Yahoo! Sports. Preferably, the Grizzlies want a less expensive small forward to plug into the lineup for Gay, sources said. Memphis has been relentless in shopping Gay over the past several weeks. In a proposed deal, Memphis would likely receive another young Raptors player and a future draft pick, sources said. The Grizzlies have unsuccessfully tried to pry Raptors rookie Terrence Ross as part of the deal, sources said. Toronto has deemed Ross untouchable in these talks.

Recently, the Grizzlies’ front office dumped three contracts and a first-round pick – including Mareese Speights, Wayne Ellington and Josh Shelby – onto the Cleveland Cavaliers to get under the luxury-tax threshold.

At 29-15, the Grizzlies are currently the fourth seed in the Western Conference playoff race. Beyond Gay, the Grizzlies have nearly $65 million in contracts locked into forward Zach Randolph and center Marc Gasol through the 2014-15 season. They are determined to lessen luxury-tax implications of holding onto three significant contracts.
    Last edited by spreadeagle; 01-30-2013 at 01:58 AM.
    Twitter me PSDers I follow back @Electrro

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spreadeagle View Post
    Woj-
    This guy is a catfish

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spreadeagle View Post
    Woj-
    We can say bye bye to Ed Davis.

vCash
    I want to see the Raptors do good. Colangelo, smh

vCash
    No way Bradley/Green go anywhere in a trade for Calderon lol

vCash
    **** is getting real.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wsfcxb

4-Team Trade that makes everyone happy.

Dallas Receive: Jose Calderon

L.A. Clippers Receive: Chris Kaman

Memphis Receive: Caron Butler, Ed Davis & a Future 1st Round Pick from Toronto

Toronto Receive: Rudy Gay

In addition to all this, the Grizzlies shave off a little bit more than $3 million off the current cap they have. The only thing I can see is that Dallas would want some type of draft pick compensation or cash considerations to get the deal done but they would be able to trade Darren Collison & Rodrigue Beaubois for big-man help if they need to look for it.
    Last edited by kombayn; 01-30-2013 at 04:32 AM.

vCash
    really? we loose 1st round pick, ed davis and calderon and you say makes us happy.

atleast throw in landry fields or kleiza at worst...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IKAZ View Post
    really? we loose 1st round pick, ed davis and calderon and you say makes us happy.

atleast throw in landry fields or kleiza at worst...
    Your team in the current rumors are ready to part with a young piece (mostly reported as Ed Davis) and a future 1st round pick. I think your boy BC is trying to save his job somehow. I do know that Dwane Casey is good as fired after this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kombayn View Post
    Your team in the current rumors are ready to part with a young piece (mostly reported as Ed Davis) and a future 1st round pick. I think your boy BC is trying to save his job somehow. I do know that Dwane Casey is good as fired after this season.
    Well then you sir know nothing about the Raptors. I don't even think we can trade a first round pick since we already traded this years, can we?

vCash
    this trade better not go down, i love davis...
    keep this team and just get rid of calderon and barni for anything.

vCash
    Coach casey been nothin but amazing for us. Id believe u in the davis portion but coach casey has been nothin but a bright spot for us.. sure hes adjusting on offense, isnt a great offensive coach but the team has been playin like men under him.

I hope its not amir we loose, Dont mind ed to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by kombayn View Post

vCash
    ed davis is overated here in psd. g
    My TOP 10 favorite NBA players of All Time

1. Kobe Bryant
    2. Allen Iverson
    3. Reggie Miller
    4. Andrew Bynum
    5. Wilt Chamberlain
    6. Steve Nash
    7. Lamar Odom
    8. Ben Gordon
    9. Ray Allen
    10. Carmelo Anthony

vCash
    HEs a good, young defensive big who can be something consistent. limited on offense, only drives left.. recently worked on his shot but hes no way in amir johnsons level. hes also a really good kid.

vCash
    Ya I'm pretty sure Raps can't trade 2 consecutive first round picks since they traded away a 2013 pick to Rockets (now the Thunder) for Lowry. I hate the idea of giving away draft picks, especially if they're losing a first round pick in Davis.

Dishing out some love...and droppin dimes

"If I was in the parking lot I'd jack him up"
    - Jack Armstrong

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast