Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: PED Discussion

vCash
    A-roid is gonna get paid.

Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

vCash
    He is now a gimp and embarrassing the team. Stay home A-Rod.

vCash
    Here's a tip to the Yankees, don't sign players to ridiculous contracts.

I really dislike A-Rod, but the Yankees overpaid him in the first place.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    This is pretty random. What do the Blue Jays have to do with any of this?
    The Blue Jays have nothing to do with this story breaking. But really?????? Do you really think they are not juicing? That's INSANE if you don't see this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird89 View Post
    Here's a tip to the Yankees, don't sign players to ridiculous contracts.

I really dislike A-Rod, but the Yankees overpaid him in the first place.
    I think the Yanks knew they were overpaying when they offered him that contract. Every Yankees fan knew they overpaid. A-Rod probably knew they were paying him too much. They basically outbid themselves.

vCash

vCash
    I'm not too confident they can end up voiding the contract. If they can, that would be beyond fantastic.

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    I think the Yanks knew they were overpaying when they offered him that contract. Every Yankees fan knew they overpaid. A-Rod probably knew they were paying him too much. They basically outbid themselves.
    It would have been hard to see A-Rod dropping off as much as he did.

A guy like Bonds had amazing success in his late 30s and early 40s and i am sure the Yankees to some extent expected a similar decline (considering their perceived similar talent level)

With more time at DH, he could focus particularly on his offense and still be an AS into his late 30s (and being a more than serviceable player into his 40s) getting him to 763 and beyond.

It just hasn't worked out that way and he started breaking down sooner than expected.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-29-2013 at 07:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It would have been hard to see A-Rod dropping off as much as he did.

A guy like Bonds had amazing success in his late 30s and early 40s and i am sure the Yankees to some extent expected a similar decline.

With more time at DH, he could focus particularly on his offense and still be an AS into his late 30s getting him to 763 and beyond.

It just hasn't worked out that way and he started breaking down sooner than expected.
    Only Bonds had a major upswing at age 35 which is rare. Most guys just don't get better heading into their mid to late 30's like Bonds did. Foolish for the Yanks to think A-Rod would do the same.

vCash
    Tim Brown ‏@TBrownYahoo
    As for NYY hopes to void A-Rod's deal, I've been told there's only standard language in contract. Tough, if not impossible, to get around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Only Bonds had a major upswing at age 35 which is rare. Most guys just don't get better heading into their mid to late 30's like Bonds did. Foolish for the Yanks to think A-Rod would do the same.
    True but there was no way to know A-Rod couldn't have at least maintained a slashline of .290/.380/.520 (with 30-35 home runs) or something similar past 35 years especially as he transitioned to their full time DH.

A lot of guys at that time were having outstanding seasons into their later 30s, i think the Yankees expected A-Rod's productivity to have had a much longer lifespan considering how incredibly talented he was.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-29-2013 at 07:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Rumblings by whom? The Interwebs?

Irrelevant.
    If they try to void his deal Im sure A-Rod will shed some light on the subject. They didnt try to void his contract in 09 when he was caught... I wonder why
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    I would feel differently about this if the Yankees started talking about voiding A-Rod's contract after he first admitted to PED use, but he was still good then. Now that he is in steady decline they shouldn't act like his use is news to them. I don't think they will be able to get out of this contract nor do I think they should.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It would be a major coup if they did.

There is zero precedent and i don't see the Yankees having a lot of legal recourse.

It's back to the ESPN article Grand Salami referenced, it really comes down to how specific the language was in A-Rod's last contract he signed in 2007.

A-Rod wasn't an admitted steroid user at the time so i doubt the language included that type of punishment.
    Holy ****ing **** let Howard be caught for PEDS ray:

Let AROD win and the flood gates will open...LET THERE BE LIGHT

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    IANAL

I'm sure the Yankees could void his contract at any time if they wanted to. They might lose down the road and then have to appeal it and tie up his money for the next ten years but the only thing stopping them from voiding his contract is will and most likely some risk analysis. I'm not sure the Steinbrenner boys are that big a douche bags. I think pop would have done it in a heartbeat.

I'm curious, does a voided contract still count towards the cap?

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast