Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Donald Driver - WR - Packers
    Jan 31 - 8:17 AM

Donald Driver has officially decided to retire.

Driver, who will turn 38 on Saturday, called the decision "difficult" because he feels he "can still play the game." But after spending the last two of his 14 seasons buried on the depth chart, he said it's time to "let it go." Driver joined the Packers as a lightly-regarded seventh-round pick out of Alcorn State in 1999 and finishes as the illustrious franchise's all-time leader in receptions (743) and receiving yards (10,137). He also topped 1,000 yards seven times in an eight-year stretch between 2002 and 2009, and made three Pro Bowls. The Packers will hold a ceremony for Driver in Green Bay on Feb. 6.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?rw=1

vCash
    Well I'm glad this ended quickly

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Lol depressing to hear the 1st guy we have interest in this offseason isn't even interested in playing football. Thank god.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    ...besides the fact I'm sick of hearing Packer fans say we hire their cast-offs
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Oh he played last year, 13 games (started 1), 8 receptions, 77 yards and 2 TDs. Someone could argue that he might be a better WR than Stephen Burton or someone equally dispensable and there's always the veteran leadership angle but I just don't see any way that Driver could play as well as we'd need him to to be a contributing member of this team.

They have to watch out too, I have my doubts that there is even any validity to this, but if there was, free
    agency didn't start yet, so technically anyone from our organization saying that we want Donald Driver on the Minnesota Vikings would be tampering.
    KFAN misinformed me. Either way, he was so irrelevant that he basically didn't play.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123