Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    Here is my concern about this current lineup the hawks have. Minnesota has an elite 1st line. Is the Blackhawks' current 3rd line capable of shutting them down with bickell/Shaw/Stalberg?

I dont think so. I think we will see Bolland back down on the 3rd line before the trip is over.
    Good question. Having bolland on that 3rd line was always nice. Going to be hard to get matchups on the road but it should be interesting to see how the Minn coach uses that real solid first line.

Have to think that Q is going to try and get Keith/Seabrook out there every chance they can and maybe even Toews/Hossa because those two together are great defensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by synister281 View Post
    BOYCOTT DISNEY!!! haha
    I actually read somewhere (can't remember where) that the Disney and Circus contracts are coming to an end in the next year or so with the United Center. Rocky came out and said something along the lines of "we are going to try and see what we can do so we (the blackhawks) aren't out of our building for so long". Would definitely be nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Good question. Having bolland on that 3rd line was always nice. Going to be hard to get matchups on the road but it should be interesting to see how the Minn coach uses that real solid first line.

Have to think that Q is going to try and get Keith/Seabrook out there every chance they can and maybe even Toews/Hossa because those two together are great defensively.
    What's going to have to happen is that when the Minnesota 1st line is on the ice, either the Hawks' first or 2nd line will most likely be out there as well.

I really hope we see Shaw slide over and Kruger move up but I doubt it will happen anytime soon.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    I actually read somewhere (can't remember where) that the Disney and Circus contracts are coming to an end in the next year or so with the United Center. Rocky came out and said something along the lines of "we are going to try and see what we can do so we (the blackhawks) aren't out of our building for so long". Would definitely be nice.
    Ship it up to Rosemont/Allstate Arena! Let the Vancouver Wolves travel
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    What's going to have to happen is that when the Minnesota 1st line is on the ice, either the Hawks' first or 2nd line will most likely be out there as well.

I really hope we see Shaw slide over and Kruger move up but I doubt it will happen anytime soon.
    I agree...Shaw hasn't been cutting it right now. The four centers I would roll out are Toews/Bolland/Kruger/Mayers. Mayers mostly because he can take faceoffs which Bolland/Kruger cannot do. Bolland/Kruger are both very defensive minded (along with Toews of course) and Shaw needs to go back at wing where he can play his game a little more.

vCash
    With the 3rd line, I agree that Bick/Shaw/Stall isn't a shutdown line. However, you don't have to use your 3rd exclusively in that role. If it were me, I'd put Kruger at 3C and use it as a shutdown. If Q is keeping the lines the way they are, you can use the 1st and 2nd more. Toews/Hossa as well as Bolland/Sharp can be very effective defensively. It doesn't have to be 100% either/or. You can play against a top line and still be a threat to score.

vCash
    Haven't heard/seen that, did they mention anything about the Rodeo Trip as well?

That would be amazing, both Chicago teams usually seem to blow on those trips as whole.

vCash
    Going to get wings and beer be back in time for the puck to drop whoooo

vCash
    Quick answer by Shaw...1-1 game!

Go Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Illini!

vCash
    Tazer 2-1! Soft goal let up by Harding and he is going to be replaced by Backstrom.

Go Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Illini!

vCash
    Good to see Shaw pop one. I don't think he is going to produce at the level he did last year but maybe that goal will get the rest of his game going.

And Toews with another one!

First goal given up by the Blackhawks was off a faceoff loss...something a few of us spoke about earlier today around here.

vCash
    Miss the first 2 but damn I should've gone to the game tonight. Minne is only 3 hours I fail as a fan

vCash
    Good to see Shaw pop one. I don't think he is going to produce at the level he did last year but maybe that goal will get the rest of his game going.

And Toews with another one!

First goal given up by the Blackhawks was off a faceoff loss...something a few of us spoke about earlier today around here.
    I was going to ask about that earlier. Does this team need to add another C, maybe for the 4th line, who can win some faceoffs? Other than Toews, this team has struggled with faceoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I was going to ask about that earlier. Does this team need to add another C, maybe for the 4th line, who can win some faceoffs? Other than Toews, this team has struggled with faceoffs.
    After Toews the team is pretty poor at the dot. Wouldn't mind to see a 4th line Center who can win faceoffs and help out on the PK. PK is looking great but to me, that is where the most important faceoffs take place.

vCash
    What a save by Crawford...

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast