Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take Te'o

15 51.72%
  • Take Next Best Player

14 48.28%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    I'd take him and I wouldnt blink.. He's young and was duped.. Plain and simple.. He's learning from it and will be a better man for it.. The talent is there.

vCash
    teo to me is so similar to hawk that it doesnt make sense to take him, especially if we are trying to upgrade hawk. I don't see teo becoming anything more than average in the NFL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MMando View Post
    So he shouldn't be drafted at all?

lol,I'm blessed youre not handling any moves for the packers
    Definitely not in the first round. Te'o has enough speed to do well against slower college teams but Alabama ate him alive with their speed and were able to mis-direct him on many plays. He's rather easy to fool. With the rookie contracts these days, some team will likely take the risk and select him in the first round. It will, at least, get them some publicity.

I don't really need to be a GM, we have plenty of experts on this board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Definitely not in the first round. Te'o has enough speed to do well against slower college teams but Alabama ate him alive with their speed and were able to mis-direct him on many plays. He's rather easy to fool. With the rookie contracts these days, some team will likely take the risk and select him in the first round. It will, at least, get them some publicity.

I don't really need to be a GM, we have plenty of experts on this board.
    Now THIS, I have no issue with. My apologies. You said not an NFL talent, as in, can't play in the league.

I won't fight you on a statement like he's not a first round talent, at all.

On a side note, is the pub they get from drafted him positive? I'd think that would be a negative?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Here's my read on Teo. I think he was vastly over-rated by the media. He shouldn't have been a Heisman candidate. But that doesn't mean he can't be a good pro. I look at his game and I see that he offers something that we don't have. He is a linebacker with the speed to run sideline to sideline. He is much better in coverage than any ILB that we have. I don't think he's ever going to be a guy who is making a ton of plays in the backfield. I also think he might be a good guy to have in a league with a mobile qb since he will probably be a good guy to have spy. So I guess you'll be disappointed if you take him and expect Patrick Willis, but I think he'd be a nice compliment to Bishop, so I'd probably take him.

You can take this with a grain of salt. I've never really specifically watched him on tape, but I watched a fair amount of ND games and that's basically what I've observed.
    I agree with the first bolded and disagree with the second.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...love-manti-teo

So my whole, he's gay part was half right. Lol Just one half of it was.

vCash
    Yeah i still don't know how i feel about it all. Just seems like that dude is covering up for everyone and taking the blame for everything. I wonder if later down the road a report will come out saying this dude got a bunch of money to take the heat for everything lol.

vCash
    Brady Popinga was one of them. I wouldn't want Te'o in a million years. Wouldn't even want him if he fell to us in the 3rd round. For one we don't need him. We have 4 guys on our roster capable of starting if Jones is retained. I'd rather see Rodgers get a new toy or a D-end with pass rush ability. And Hawk wouldn't even fetch a 5th round pick the guy has absolutely no value in trade market.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rckdude1 View Post
    Brady Popinga was one of them. I wouldn't want Te'o in a million years. Wouldn't even want him if he fell to us in the 3rd round. For one we don't need him. We have 4 guys on our roster capable of starting if Jones is retained. I'd rather see Rodgers get a new toy or a D-end with pass rush ability. And Hawk wouldn't even fetch a 5th round pick the guy has absolutely no value in trade market.
    And Bishop gets hurt every 3rd play... Smith hasn't been the healthiest either.

Fact of the matter is the guy was a monster all year long, was the #1rated high school player(not that it matters), and showed heart. Some of you guys are just pathetic, he is literally the epitome of what a football player is, even showing loyalty in a day in age when such a thing is non existent .

I would love for him to be on the Packers, especially because Bishop is made of glass and Hawk is...meh...

He is a leader and works hard and that all you can ask of the guy. Personally I could give a **** if he is gay or straight, that to me is not for us to discuss.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...love-manti-teo

So my whole, he's gay part was half right. Lol Just one half of it was.
    Has Teo actually came out and said anything about it?

vCash
    ND fan here, so i'm kinda a homer... I watched him all 4 years, and his instincts are amazing. He's always around the ball. He would definitely be hard to pass up...

It depends who's on the board, but I would most likely draft him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    Has Teo actually came out and said anything about it?
    Teo was asked if he was gay by Katie Couric... he said, "No! Far from it... FAAAAAR FROM IT!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    Teo was asked if he was gay by Katie Couric... he said, "No! Far from it... FAAAAAR FROM IT!"
    Thanks for posting that. I actually have never seen that interview.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    ND fan here, so i'm kinda a homer... I watched him all 4 years, and his instincts are amazing. He's always around the ball. He would definitely be hard to pass up...

It depends who's on the board, but I would most likely draft him!
    I'm sure he is always around the ball - he was a stud college player. So was AJ Hawk, a four year machine at OSU. Lombardi winner, unanimous All American...

In four years Hawk had 394 tackles, Te'o low 400s. The stats really are a mirror image. He could be a stud, but I'd pass...for your sake maybe the Colts will keep him in state....

REC: WHOEVER ADOPTED ME IS AN IDIOT

TDs: I FORGOT HOW TO PLAY FOOTBALL AND I SUCK

vCash
    And you could argue that Patrick Willis had a similar senior season to Teo and Hawk. You can't just look at stats from one or even four years and say they are similar players. Because if that were the case, you couldn't draft any good college ILB without them being AJ Hawk.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast