29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take Te'o

15 51.72%
  • Take Next Best Player

14 48.28%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

If Te'o Fell To Us??

What would you do? Explain why if you want.

I left trade back out. Based on the assumption nobody's going to trade up for a guy we don't want even though it's certainly possible.
    Last edited by Norm; 01-29-2013 at 03:38 PM.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    My take would be he still could be a leader on D for us. Maybe not instantly like so many thought. I know he isn't a star like Willis but he could be very solid for a long time. Offers some nice coverage ability.

Mostly I think given his whole ordeal, the GB market would be pretty easy on him. Fanbase too. In comparison to some other places.

Plus doesn't Ted always bring Mormons in. Seriously he's had so many damn Mormons on this team.
    Last edited by Norm; 01-29-2013 at 03:39 PM.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    The way I would do it is take him and by taking him it makes one of three expendable Hawk, Bishop, or Smith.

Hawk right now has the most value out of the three so I package him and maybe a third or fourth and maybe a six to move back into the second but I don know who I would want yet lol

He is just too good of a talent to let fall past us. Yeah h has media circus but that will go away eventually when the next scandal happens
    Last edited by PackerBum9786; 01-29-2013 at 03:43 PM.
    Eddie Lacy

Carries:284
    Yards: 1178
    Yards/Game: 78.5
    Average: 4.1
    Touchdowns: 11
    Catches: 35
    Yards: 257

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    The way I would do it is take him and by taking him it makes one of three expendable Hawk, Bishop, or Smith.

Hawk right now has the most value out of the three so I package him and maybe a third or fourth and maybe a six to move back into the second but I don know who I would want yet lol
    Not to derail this thread already but......

I feel like if we took Te'o and then tried to move Hawk the best we'd get is like a 5th. I don't think Hawk actually has value honestly. I'd sit on my hands as the other GM waiting for him to be released and get him for free, even if I have to waiver claim and take the contract.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Not to derail this thread already but......

I feel like if we took Te'o and then tried to move Hawk the best we'd get is like a 5th. I don't think Hawk actually has value honestly. I'd sit on my hands as the other GM waiting for him to be released and get him for free, even if I have to waiver claim and take the contract.
    I think If we package picks with him we could get a good value. I think a 4-3 team would take him he was a better OLB than a ILB
    Eddie Lacy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I think If we package picks with him we could get a good value. I think a 4-3 team would take him he was a better OLB than a ILB
    Every front office on the planet knows what he is. They internally scout. We see him and complain about him saying this and that and basically consider him hot garbage (I don't, I have no issue keeping him as an early down backer, the money isn't just right for me) yet we think teams would start shelling out picks or we could throw in with a mid to get a 2nd. I don't see it.

That stuff just doesn't happen. Go look at the trade history lately.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Every front office on the planet knows what he is. They internally scout. We see him and complain about him saying this and that and basically consider him hot garbage (I don't, I have no issue keeping him as an early down backer, the money isn't just right for me) yet we think teams would start shelling out picks or we could throw in with a mid to get a 2nd. I don't see it.

That stuff just doesn't happen. Go look at the trade history lately.
    I know what he is he is a reliable Backer who may not be flashy and maybe not worth the pick we took him at but, he isn't as horrible as a lot of people see in him. We can't judge what his value is cause when we "released" him we signed him again before he could actually go onto the market so we don't know what or if he got any other offers. I do remember something, don't know if it is true or not, but when all the talk was around trading him (around the same time we were talking about sending him to buffalo for Lynch) I remember reports that there were a few teams interested in him. So maybe not a 2nd I was just saying what I would try, but I am sure we could get a mid pick for him alone.
    Eddie Lacy

vCash
    I voted don't take him, our ILB spot is pretty full.
    AJ Hawk, Desmond Bishop, DJ Smith, Brad Jones came on pretty well.
    i know allot of you guys dont like AJ but he has been one of our most consistent players.
    We have to many other needs to take him. IMO.

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

"If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski

vCash
    hawk and williams + a 4th for a 3rd and 2nd? i wanna see some fresh physical faces on this D and getting rid of these two would relieve our D of some estrogen. this is a good deep draft, i almost think we'll trade our 1st too...unless we see some serious talent fall to us. long story short, i want to see the packers get alot of young quality talent.

vCash
    First of all I could care less about this whole girlfriend crap.. There are far more players in the NFL that have done far worse... How about all the Drug charges. How about all the Assaults. How about all the DWI'S. A man playing in the NFL after killing dogs. A Dude who shoots himself.. All the Pacman Jones Crap. Extortion from a Father. A Rookie that has 5 kids with 4 different baby mommies.. Pulling Guns on people. The list goes on and on... The NFL is not about Morals it's about how you play the game
    ~
    I do not know much about him and his abilities to play the game but if he is worth a 26th pick and become an impact player then like said I could care less about the whole Girlfriend thing...

vCash
    Why isn't their an option to take a better player? Who the F says I think Te'o will be the BPA on my board if he fell to 26.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XJW18 View Post
    I voted don't take him, our ILB spot is pretty full.
    AJ Hawk, Desmond Bishop, DJ Smith, Brad Jones came on pretty well.
    i know allot of you guys dont like AJ but he has been one of our most consistent players.
    We have to many other needs to take him. IMO.
    Consistency isn't always good. Especially when his consistency is just never making impact plays and tackling 7 yards down the field on 2nd and 6.

That being said I honestly don't believe for 1 second the Packers could get anything for Hawk. He has a fairly ****** contract and I'd be surprised if a team even took that on. I'd **** myself if they took that on and gave up a sixth.
    Last edited by Kevolu; 01-29-2013 at 04:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombardi24 View Post
    First of all I could care less about this whole girlfriend crap.. There are far more players in the NFL that have done far worse... How about all the Drug charges. How about all the Assaults. How about all the DWI'S. A man playing in the NFL after killing dogs. A Dude who shoots himself.. All the Pacman Jones Crap. Extortion from a Father. A Rookie that has 5 kids with 4 different baby mommies.. Pulling Guns on people. The list goes on and on... The NFL is not about Morals it's about how you play the game
    ~
    I do not know much about him and his abilities to play the game but if he is worth a 26th pick and become an impact player then like said I could care less about the whole Girlfriend thing...
    out of all the things you mentioned how many of the current roster of Packer plays have done any of that? few if any I believe. TT doesn't bring those types of guys in and if they do something like that while with GB they usually don't stay long.

Now as for the girlfriend thing its nothing like what those players have done but, it was still a PR nightmare and that is the kind of thing GB stays away from is anything that gives off negative PR
    Eddie Lacy

vCash
    BTW was I the only person to see Te'o in the National Championship game. He was atrocious. He had numerous missed tackles and looked completely overwhelmed against the best team he has ever played and the biggest overall game. Not the kind of player I want.

vCash
    I think he'd probably be a lot like Hawk... a safe pick who's a solid starter and plays most of the games, but far from spectacular. I agree geographically speaking Green Bay would be a perfect enviornment for him. Whether that makes him flourish is anyone's guess.

Just curious Norm,who are the mormons on the Pack? I never really thought about it before.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast