Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    vCash
    It's not even close. At first I thought it was just respect but people on here are actually defending his statement. Virtually everyone I have heard discuss this has said that he deserves to say it because he is one of the greatest and any true competitor believes they are the best, but aside from that, the disrespect the great Jerry Rice has gotten in this thread is incredible.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kantarok View Post
    Randy Moss talent wise is better than rice. The league has changed dramatically and it is quite clear that Jerry Rice would not be as effective as he was in the present. Because Randy Moss is more of a deep threat and is so good at it(which is why the coach mainly had him running those routes) his teams needs a great quarterback and O-line to build up as many yardage as possible. Stats do not mean anything in this case. Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss were clearly better than Jerry Rice. If you could pick players from a draft in madden. Would you pick Calvin, Randy or Jerry? Most people would pick Calvin and then Moss.
    You're right, the league has dramatically changed. If Rice was playing now, with his work ethic...he'd shatter his own records with how receivers are treated now. Lol your post is all kinds of fail
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kantarok View Post
    and it is quite clear that Jerry Rice would not be as effective as he was in the present. Because Randy Moss is more of a deep threat and is so good at it(which is why the coach mainly had him running those routes) his teams needs a great quarterback and O-line to build up as many yardage as possible.
    so what you just said in so many words: moss needs a great team around him to produce and would be useless without it due to his one dimensional attributes. Meanwhile rice made his team great by the variability in the routes he ran and his play wasnt as dependant as the surronding talent around him. ok thanks for inadvertantly proving the point about this debate.
    warriors, sharks, 49ers, giants, cal, CU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    It's not even close. At first I thought it was just respect but people on here are actually defending his statement. Virtually everyone I have heard discuss this has said that he deserves to say it because he is one of the greatest and any true competitor believes they are the best, but aside from that, the disrespect the great Jerry Rice has gotten in this thread is incredible.
    true
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Double true.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    jerry rice is the GOAT receiver...and it really isn't even close. moss didn't have the work ethic that rice did...just the bottom line.

vCash
    Peak 5 seasons Moss in a walk. In all other ways, it's Rice. Do consider the quality of the QB's on average each had. moss is an erratic douche as well, so he wins that...

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Peak 5 seasons Moss in a walk. In all other ways, it's Rice. Do consider the quality of the QB's on average each had. moss is an erratic douche as well, so he wins that...
    It didn't matter what Qb Moss had. Just throw jump balls to him on go routes. Just needed a Qb with a cannon arm. Cunningham, George, Culpepper, Brady all did that for him. He had the Qb's he needed to succeed. It's not like he had Shaun Hill back there who can throw the ball a whopping 40 yard floater.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    2 catches, 41 yards.. Another Super Bowl loss. Great job GOAT WR! LOL

What What!!

vCash
    His team losing in the super bowl makes him not the greatest. LOL, I guess he will have to just settle for the Hall of fame!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Burleson81 View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrphilly View Post
    His team losing in the super bowl makes him not the greatest. LOL, I guess he will have to just settle for the Hall of fame!!!!
    Yes, losing in the Super Bowl.. your own team trying to go repeatedly to another WR for the go ahead score.. yeah, definitely not the greatest. Not even the best on his team. Hall of fame candidate.. maybe, maybe not.

What What!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burleson81 View Post
    how many times was he targeted? LOL

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    He was open on a few plays I noticed?
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    how many times was he targeted? LOL
    Exactly. Not even the #1 option on his team.

He had a great impact on the game. NOT. Jerry Rice must have been laughing throughout the game. And he's the greatest?? LOL.

What What!!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617