Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 254
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    10,194
    vCash
    1500
    Are people really arguing that Moss was better then Rice?

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,681
    vCash
    1500
    Love Moss. If he put more work in, yeah he could've been a lot better. He doesn't touch Rice, but Rice has also played with superior QBs for a longer span.

    Now, I don't think that changes anything though.


    Rice>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Moss

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Slobbing on Bruce Bochy's knob
    Posts
    28,491
    vCash
    11560
    @ ORE Trying to anyway. Denial at its finest.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    6,225
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Are people really arguing that Moss was better then Rice?
    For 1 game when they are at their best? Defiantly arguable.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,162
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    For 1 game when they are at their best? Defiantly arguable.
    No it's not.

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,162
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Back that up with evidence before you make claims like that. Especially a one trick pony, biggest BS ever.
    No he isn't wrong, just maybe exaggerating. Randy openly didn't run his routes wih intensity if it wasn't his ball, including one game where he ran with his hands in his warmer, he didn't block much for a stretch of his career, wouldn't go over the middle, and alligator armed often on he few routes he did, it goes on.

    If randy ever went across the middle it was deep down field where he wasn't in danger of hearing footsteps.

    Randy Moss could beat you down the sideline Even when you knew it was coming, but that was his game, almost completely. He is no where near Rice, maybe he could have been, but he wasn't even a better/more complete wr than TO.
    Last edited by KingPosey; 02-01-2013 at 04:16 AM.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,162
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    I'm not even going to discuss this any further. This is ridiculous. Arrogance and media blinded at it's finest. Good day sir.
    I'm amazed at how jaded you are over Moss, it's insane.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    eau claire, wi
    Posts
    3,182
    vCash
    1500
    I thought Titus Young was the GOAT?

    props to VCU for the sig!

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    10,194
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    For 1 game when they are at their best? Defiantly arguable.
    How do you know Moss shows up for the game? I guarantee Rice shows up. There's no denying that Moss had the potential to be better, he just didn't have the attitude and work ethic that Rice did. That's what made him the GOAT. Plenty of guys have come into the league that were faster, taller, quicker, etc then Rice. But Rice out worked everyone. That's what put him above everyone else. He could beat you any which way possible. Moss was predominately a deep threat. Rice invented YAC.

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    580
    vCash
    1500
    WAY too many posts about "WELL HE WOULD BE BETTER IF HE WERE TO PUT FORTH THE EFFORT WITH THAT SKILL SET OF HIS" All this IF IF IF. Well if I were 6'7 and not 5'3 I'd be playing in the NBA with my skill set. Extremely fast, quick and major jumping ability, 5'3 and hanging from the rim with no problem. Just imagine if I had a whole foot and a half more. IF IF IF and ONLY IF. No, he's not the greatest of all time. One of the laziest? Sure. A deep threat? No doubt. And the moron that said Calvin Johnson couldn't hold Moss' jock strap... No, CJ would catch him, bench that scrawny lazy **** head, then rip that jock strap right off, then laugh in his face for getting more yards 2 seasons in a row with double/triple coverage just about every snap. Moss did jack **** with the Raiders, jack **** with Tennessee, and jack **** his second time around with the vikings. He's not exactly lighting it up with the niners either. I don't recall teams giving him the gunner defense at the goaline ever either. Calvin hasn't played long enough to make any judgement but to say he "can't hold Moss' jock strap" is ****in ridiculous.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    229
    vCash
    1500
    Randy Moss talent wise is better than rice. The league has changed dramatically and it is quite clear that Jerry Rice would not be as effective as he was in the present. Because Randy Moss is more of a deep threat and is so good at it(which is why the coach mainly had him running those routes) his teams needs a great quarterback and O-line to build up as many yardage as possible. Stats do not mean anything in this case. Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss were clearly better than Jerry Rice. If you could pick players from a draft in madden. Would you pick Calvin, Randy or Jerry? Most people would pick Calvin and then Moss.

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,491
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kantarok View Post
    Randy Moss talent wise is better than rice. The league has changed dramatically and it is quite clear that Jerry Rice would not be as effective as he was in the present. Because Randy Moss is more of a deep threat and is so good at it(which is why the coach mainly had him running those routes) his teams needs a great quarterback and O-line to build up as many yardage as possible. Stats do not mean anything in this case. Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss were clearly better than Jerry Rice. If you could pick players from a draft in madden. Would you pick Calvin, Randy or Jerry? Most people would pick Calvin and then Moss.
    Maybe your too young or just didn't watch Jerry Rice but your sentiment is pretty much garbage.

    So, your disregarding Rice's stats when the league's become more passing friendly which has benefited Johnson and Moss? Also, how many meaningless yards has CJ racked up this year? Your also, saying a draft on a video game is the deciding factor for talent on a football field? Also, last I checked both Moss and CJ have needed good QB's to be successful as well.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    835
    vCash
    1500
    Jerry Rice is the greatest agreed moss is a long ball guy I think possibly Calvin Johnson and Andre johnson can even be said to be in the class of Moss let alone irvin was a beast but I dont think he is what Calvin Johnson was Dallas was so loaded Rice was the best no drama did his job

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    6,225
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    No it's not.
    How? Are you saying Moss was in no way dangerous and not even close to Rice? Because Moss on his best day scares me more. And I can find many other football fans (and not brainwashed ones who have no idea about football and think they do) who agree with me. So yes, defiantly arguable. I can point you to a website where there are many good arguments on both sides. But hey, if you want to be arrogant and think you're right and everyone else is wrong; good ahead Mr. Einstein.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    No he isn't wrong, just maybe exaggerating. Randy openly didn't run his routes wih intensity if it wasn't his ball, including one game where he ran with his hands in his warmer, he didn't block much for a stretch of his career, wouldn't go over the middle, and alligator armed often on he few routes he did, it goes on.

    If randy ever went across the middle it was deep down field where he wasn't in danger of hearing footsteps.

    Randy Moss could beat you down the sideline Even when you knew it was coming, but that was his game, almost completely. He is no where near Rice, maybe he could have been, but he wasn't even a better/more complete wr than TO.
    Point to me where I said he was a more complete WR? No, I said the notion he was only a deep threat is false. He was very good at everything, just the best deep threat in the NFL has seen. That doesn't mean he was better at Rice/more complete. But I think his skills deep make it pretty even with Rice's skillset. My opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    How do you know Moss shows up for the game? I guarantee Rice shows up. There's no denying that Moss had the potential to be better, he just didn't have the attitude and work ethic that Rice did. That's what made him the GOAT. Plenty of guys have come into the league that were faster, taller, quicker, etc then Rice. But Rice out worked everyone. That's what put him above everyone else. He could beat you any which way possible. Moss was predominately a deep threat. Rice invented YAC.
    We're going completely hypothetical; were assuming Moss and Rice are both on their A game. Moss on his A game is living up to his potential, and I fail to see how that's worse then Rice.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind the 8 ball
    Posts
    11,832
    vCash
    1500
    Uhhh Randy, no you are not.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •