Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    vCash
    He's prooobably not wrong. The guy is easily the most explosive offensive skill player (non-QB) in league history. Rice has the insanely better reputation as well as more raw catches and yards, but Moss is basically Pedro Martinez to everyone else's someone who is not Pedro Martinez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    That's funny, because Moss was taken out of the games at times, in his prime. There was a recipe on how to stop Randy. There wasn't on Jerry. Moss was a one trick pony, and did that one trick better than any other receiver in the game. Jerry Rice came out you in every single way and beat you every single way
    Back that up with evidence before you make claims like that. Especially a one trick pony, biggest BS ever.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    2 Tackles, 1 INTs, 2.8 QB Rating

vCash
    Um...he was a one trick pony. Run as fast and deep as you can and the ball with be thrown up to you. That was his main move
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Um...he was a one trick pony. Run as fast and deep as you can and the ball with be thrown up to you. That was his main move
    Take the ball deep take the top off the defense

If I can't get to it, ain't nobody can't get to it

vCash
    Well I know who to never trust someone's football knowledge with. Moss was far from a one-trick poney, it's absolutely ridiculous that you believe that notion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Well I know who to never trust someone's football knowledge with. Moss was far from a one-trick poney, it's absolutely ridiculous that you believe that notion.
    What else did he do? Did he go across the middle? What were the main routes he ran? He was never any kind of possession wide receiver. There was nothing he could do that Rice couldn't besides outrun any one in the league.

Its like saying Bo Jackson was the best running back to play the game (a little extreme albeit he was probably the most athletic/skilled running back ever) but he was not the best to play
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post

If I can't get to it, ain't nobody can't get to it
    For the most part thats what he did. He was the best at it. But he is not the best receiver ever

vCash
    For the most part thats what he did. He was the best at it. But he is not the best receiver ever
    I'm a huge Air Coryell guy so if you could guarantee me Moss was motivated. I would take him in his prime over Rice, that being said it doesn't mean I think he was better. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense but it's based on my offensive philosophy. I don't believe in the WCO anymore.

vCash
    What else did he do? Did he go across the middle? What were the main routes he ran? He was never any kind of possession wide receiver. There was nothing he could do that Rice couldn't besides outrun any one in the league.

Its like saying Bo Jackson was the best running back to play the game (a little extreme albeit he was probably the most athletic/skilled running back ever) but he was not the best to play
    I don't even know what to say. Ignorance is strong. You don't become arguably the 2nd best WR of all time by running all deep routes and being a "one trick"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vEh9xD9qdo Just 1 good example is at 2:20. The guy had underrated ball skills surrounded by defenders. Well not underrated, he was ****ing amazing at it but people like to label.
    Last edited by TearsOfPurple; 01-31-2013 at 08:27 PM.

vCash
    I don't even know what to say. Ignorance is strong. You don't become arguably the 2nd best WR of all time by running all deep routes and being a "one trick"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vEh9xD9qdo Just 1 good example is at 2:20. The guy had underrated ball skills surrounded by defenders. Well not underrated, he was ****ing amazing at it but people like to label.
    That video is nice an all...but going across the middle 20 yards down field is a lot different than what Rice did doing a quick slant in front of the line backers

vCash
    Moss trolling everybody. This is his last chance to get attention
    *Coach BShaw supporter*
    *George Karl currently still out of the league*
    *Nuggets will be in the playoffs 2015*

vCash
    That video is nice an all...but going across the middle 20 yards down field is a lot different than what Rice did doing a quick slant in front of the line backers
    Are you kidding me? Moss on a slant was a threat to just run pass all the defenders. He did it on many occasions. I can't believe I have to argue this.

vCash
    Are you kidding me? Moss on a slant was a threat to just run pass all the defenders. He did it on many occasions. I can't believe I have to argue this.
    What was the main route Moss would run? What would Moss do when he would run that route over and over and not get the ball thrown to him? He would quit playing. He'd run a few go routes, wouldn't get a ball thrown to him so he'd stop playing. Happened all the time

vCash
    rice is the 2nd best FOOTBALL PLAYER to ever play (behind jim brown)...soooooo,yeah,needless to say,moss isnt the best receiver to play
    ....pleasing the casual fan,while telling the hardcore fan to go to hell since 2006

vCash
    What was the main route Moss would run? What would Moss do when he would run that route over and over and not get the ball thrown to him? He would quit playing. He'd run a few go routes, wouldn't get a ball thrown to him so he'd stop playing. Happened all the time
    I'm not even going to discuss this any further. This is ridiculous. Arrogance and media blinded at it's finest. Good day sir.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast