Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 254
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,917
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Your sig annoys me.
    It's so ****ing horrible isn't it. I want to punch my monitor right in her/his face.

    Unleash the beast.

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Community of Redland, Florida
    Posts
    617
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rentzias View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...t-wr-ever-play

    Randy Moss wasn't bashful Tuesday when asked about his place in football history, declaring himself the "greatest receiver" to play the game.

    I don't really live on numbers, I really live on impact and what youre able to do out on the field. I really think I'm the greatest receiver to ever play this game.

    "Now that I'm older, I do think I'm the greatest receiver to ever do it," Moss said at Super Bowl media day in New Orleans.

    Moss acknowledged that this season with the San Francisco 49ers "has been a down year for me statistically" as was his 2010 season before he retired for a year and his last season with the Oakland Raiders (2006) before his trade to the New England Patriots. He said, however, that he doesn't think statistics should determine greatness.

    "I don't really live on numbers, I really live on impact and what you're able to do out on the field," he said Tuesday. "I really think I'm the greatest receiver to ever play this game."

    Moss, 35, will be a free agent after this season. ProFootballTalk.com, citing a source familiar with the receiver's thinking, reported Monday that he plans to play at least one more season.

    Moss had 28 receptions for 434 yards and three touchdowns in the regular season for the NFC champion 49ers. He has five receptions for 71 yards in San Francisco's two playoff victories.

    Moss enjoyed his best season with the Patriots in 2007, when he caught 98 passes for 1,493 yards and a single-season record 23 touchdowns in helping New England to a 16-0 regular-season record.

    He has 982 catches for 15,292 yards and 156 touchdowns in his 14-season career.

    Hall of Famer Jerry Rice, who now is an ESPN NFL analyst, leads the all-time lists in those three categories with 1,549 receptions, 22,895 yards and 197 touchdown receptions.
    LOL!!!

    If he just stayed in Minnesota, *kept his attitude down and improved his professionalism (EFFORT and not stirring media) he had a shot at that being true. Heck, if he maintained the same in The NE Patriots* (second time falling into great situation; what 4th or 5th-chance at that time), then he could have challenged; but fallen short.
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,891
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I wanted to say one other thing. Assuming they're both in their prime and Moss is motivated.

    I'm WAAAAAAAAAY more scared to play Randy than Jerry. Sorry J, I just am.
    but, wouldnt you be afraid of what randy would show up? would you get the motivated randy?
    if he didnt get the ball the first couple series, is he just going to quit?

    i hear what your saying, and its accurate.. but there is a huge what if..

    i think everyone here, if there was a draft, most everyone would take prime jerry then prime moss...

    just because you know your going to get motivated jerry every game, every practice. moss, theres just a big question mark....

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,485
    vCash
    1500
    Who knows what it means (take it FWIW) but Randy has been pretty average overall in the playoffs in his career:

    Catches-Yards-TDs
    4-73-1
    6-75-1
    5-127-1
    9-188-2
    2-121-2
    2-18-0
    4-70-2
    3-51-0
    1-14-0
    1-18-0
    5-62-1
    5-48-0
    2-25-0
    3-46-0
    Average = 3.71 catches, 67 yards, 0.71 TDs which over a 16 game season equates to 59 catches, 1072 yards, 11 TDs.

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,476
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Who knows what it means (take it FWIW) but Randy has been pretty average overall in the playoffs in his career:

    Catches-Yards-TDs
    4-73-1
    6-75-1
    5-127-1
    9-188-2
    2-121-2
    2-18-0
    4-70-2
    3-51-0
    1-14-0
    1-18-0
    5-62-1
    5-48-0
    2-25-0
    3-46-0
    Average = 3.71 catches, 67 yards, 0.71 TDs which over a 16 game season equates to 59 catches, 1072 yards, 11 TDs.
    Here's Rice's.

    28 games 151 receptions 2,245 yards 22 touchdowns

    5.39 catches a game 80.17 yards a game .78 touchdowns a game

    86 receptions 1,282 12 touchdowns
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,476
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Can someone give me a legitimate argument on why they would take Rice's at his best over Moss at his best? Based on people saying "Moss never reached his potential he'd be the GOAT"...well he did just never sustained it. So your saying that you wouldn't take him, yet if he played his hardest he'd be GOAT? Well that means for 1 game, and for 1 game only, logic says you take Moss.

    He showed his good seasons in 2007, and his early years with the Vikings. Rice can't come close to a dominate Moss, because Moss in his A-Game isn't fun to play against. Neither is Rice, mind you, but there is just no way I take him over Moss for 1 game. Hell if I had a chance to draft either Moss or Rice and have them paired with Tom Brady or Montana/Young their whole career, I'd pick Randy.

    Just my opinion, they are a lot closer then many want to make it. And Rice is unquestionably the GOAT, stats can't be argued. But I still take Moss for 1 game, questionable over a career.
    Would you say the Superbowl is a pretty big game?

    Jerry Rice in Superbowls is out of this world. 33 receptions 589 yards 8 touchdowns in 4 games. 8.25 recpetions per game 147.25 yards per game and 2 touchdowns per game.

    That adds up to 132 receptions in a season, 2,356 yards in a season, and 32 touchdowns in a season.

    Randy's superbowl performance 5 catches 67 yards and a touchdown.
    Jerry Rice when he was 40 years old: 5 catches 77 yards and a touchdown.

    Prime Randy Moss, motivated in the superbowl, and he doesn't out play a 40 year old Jerry Rice with a much, much worse Qb than Tom Brady.

    Whats that say about its more logical to take Randy for one game?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    6,388
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Would you say the Superbowl is a pretty big game?

    Jerry Rice in Superbowls is out of this world. 33 receptions 589 yards 8 touchdowns in 4 games. 8.25 recpetions per game 147.25 yards per game and 2 touchdowns per game.

    That adds up to 132 receptions in a season, 2,356 yards in a season, and 32 touchdowns in a season.

    Randy's superbowl performance 5 catches 67 yards and a touchdown.
    Jerry Rice when he was 40 years old: 5 catches 77 yards and a touchdown.

    Prime Randy Moss, motivated in the superbowl, and he doesn't out play a 40 year old Jerry Rice with a much, much worse Qb than Tom Brady.

    Whats that say about its more logical to take Randy for one game?
    I don't care about stats. Moss at his best, which again according to many he would be GOAT if he always played his best > Rice. For 1 game. Stats in the GOAT argument is meaningless to me anyway...
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

    Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    18 Tackles, 2 INTs, 45.7 Passer Rating

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,830
    vCash
    1500
    I don't really have a problem with him saying it. I mean Moss seems to be the consensius #2 greatest of all time so it's not like it's Michael Irving saying he was the best ever.

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,476
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    I don't care about stats. Moss at his best, which again according to many he would be GOAT if he always played his best > Rice. For 1 game. Stats in the GOAT argument is meaningless to me anyway...
    So for the biggest game for NFL players, where Rice has comlpetely oblitterated teams, on the biggest stage...You'd still go with Moss? I mean if you can't take stats into count in what they did in the same situation, on the same stage then I guess thats pretty dumb. Randy Moss with the Patriots in 2007 was in the middle of his prime, and he was taken out of the superbowl, or limited I guess. There was no limiting Jerry Rice. A 40 year old Jerry Rice did more than Randy Moss did, and Rice did it against a better defense with a lesser Qb. Rice had a level that no other receiver had. He had 20 different ways to beat you. He ran every single route to perfection, he went across the middle, he did the post routes, the go routes, the out routes and you could not cover him. Moss ran a go route. That took him, the QB and the offensive line to all make it work for him. If you want to limit Moss, get a pass rush and Moss won't do anything. He's not going to do those slant routes where he can get hit. Rice did. Hell, thats what made Rice the best receiver. Randy Moss is the best DEEP BALL receiver, ever. There is no questioning that what-so-ever. The most complete, and all together best wide receiver is Jerry Rice. Hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    6,388
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    So for the biggest game for NFL players, where Rice has comlpetely oblitterated teams, on the biggest stage...You'd still go with Moss? I mean if you can't take stats into count in what they did in the same situation, on the same stage then I guess thats pretty dumb. Randy Moss with the Patriots in 2007 was in the middle of his prime, and he was taken out of the superbowl, or limited I guess. There was no limiting Jerry Rice. A 40 year old Jerry Rice did more than Randy Moss did, and Rice did it against a better defense with a lesser Qb. Rice had a level that no other receiver had. He had 20 different ways to beat you. He ran every single route to perfection, he went across the middle, he did the post routes, the go routes, the out routes and you could not cover him. Moss ran a go route. That took him, the QB and the offensive line to all make it work for him. If you want to limit Moss, get a pass rush and Moss won't do anything. He's not going to do those slant routes where he can get hit. Rice did. Hell, thats what made Rice the best receiver. Randy Moss is the best DEEP BALL receiver, ever. There is no questioning that what-so-ever. The most complete, and all together best wide receiver is Jerry Rice. Hands down.
    Yes, I still take Moss. Problem officer? Trust me man, I know how good Rice was. I feel Moss was more a game changer on his best day. Rice never had the impact Moss had with deep safeties, and it's no coindience that his best 2 years were on the 2 greatest offenses of all time. Yes, give me Moss, he does more for his team as a whole. Not only would you have to cover him on his good day...what about the other receivers?

    You're stating reasons why Rice was a better reciever, which is 100% true. But that doesn't mean he was more scary then Moss on his best day. Because there is no other receivers like him on his best day.
    Last edited by TearsOfPurple; 01-31-2013 at 04:51 PM.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

    Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    18 Tackles, 2 INTs, 45.7 Passer Rating

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,830
    vCash
    1500
    Looking up Jerry Rice's stats at age 40 he still had a 1200+ receiving 7 td year. That's crazy for a 40 year old.

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,476
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Yes, I still take Moss. Problem officer? Trust me man, I know how good Rice was. I feel Moss was more a game changer on his best day. Rice never had the impact Moss had with deep safeties, and it's no coindience that his best 2 years were on the 2 greatest offenses of all time. Yes, give me Moss, he does more for his team as a whole. Not only would you have to cover him on his good day...what about the other receivers?

    You're stating reasons why Rice was a better reciever, which is 100% true. But that doesn't mean he was more scary then Moss on his best day. Because there is no other receivers like him on his best day.
    Ok Moss was scary, no doubt. But he could be taken out of games. Rice could not be taken out of games
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,476
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Yes, I still take Moss. Problem officer? Trust me man, I know how good Rice was. I feel Moss was more a game changer on his best day. Rice never had the impact Moss had with deep safeties, and it's no coindience that his best 2 years were on the 2 greatest offenses of all time. Yes, give me Moss, he does more for his team as a whole. Not only would you have to cover him on his good day...what about the other receivers?

    You're stating reasons why Rice was a better reciever, which is 100% true. But that doesn't mean he was more scary then Moss on his best day. Because there is no other receivers like him on his best day.
    How about this...which running back of all time would you want for 1 game? Out of any running back, which one was the scariest running back?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    6,388
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Ok Moss was scary, no doubt. But he could be taken out of games. Rice could not be taken out of games
    Moss was literally unstoppable, both can't be taken out of games in their prime....
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

    Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    18 Tackles, 2 INTs, 45.7 Passer Rating

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,476
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Moss was literally unstoppable, both can't be taken out of games in their prime....
    That's funny, because Moss was taken out of the games at times, in his prime. There was a recipe on how to stop Randy. There wasn't on Jerry. Moss was a one trick pony, and did that one trick better than any other receiver in the game. Jerry Rice came out you in every single way and beat you every single way
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •