Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^ Agreed.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, which Moss clearly has his.

However, I'd take Rice easily as the best player ever and he obviously has the best argument, not just statistically.

The dude did everything near perfect, routes, catching, YAC, blocking, and a consummate teammate. No one worked harder than this guy which is pretty much a fact according to every player affiliated with him along with coaches.

vCash
    lol no.

vCash
    I don't see anything wrong in him saying this. Is he the best? No, but he should think with this mentality. He's also arguably the 2nd best WR of all time so it isn't like he's some practice squad player or Eron Riley or whatever and he's saying this.

vCash
    You guys are on rice nuts. Moss is the best all time he brole the td record and was a great reason why ne went 16-0 he'll play next year and he might surprise some.

I like rice but come on be realistic moss couldnt be stopped even being trippled team.
    Reed Doughty .......where second chances will ALWAYS HAPPEN. Stay tuned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jason17 View Post
    I never saw Jerry Rice play
    We know.

I'm down at the rec center watchin' folks swim.

vCash
    Randy Moss is the most talented receiver ever to play this game.

Randy Moss is explosive Receiver to play this game.

Randy Moss is one of the fastest players to ever play this game.

Randy Moss is not the greatest WR to ever play this game.

I put attitude and things at too high of a standard to really give Randy Moss the title "greatest WR ever". He's in every way the greatest WR of all time, but his inability to play for the team, and instead play for himself, and quit when the going gets tough makes him a top 5 to me. It's not even about rings. If he played his whole career with the Viking fighting for a chip, or at least didn't quit on teams he went to I'd say he was the greatest. Guys that come into the league nowadays are all trying to do what Moss did. Jerry Rice is a different era of WR, and will always be known as the greatest of his time, but WR's HAVE PROGRESSED!

Any player that is detrimental to his team cannot be considered the best. In other sports yes, but not in football.

vCash
    Please. Rice would not be dominant in today's league? Tell me more.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Please. Rice would not be dominant in today's league? Tell me more.
    Rice would definitely dominate, but he wouldn't be getting 22 td's.

vCash
    Can someone give me a legitimate argument on why they would take Rice's at his best over Moss at his best? Based on people saying "Moss never reached his potential he'd be the GOAT"...well he did just never sustained it. So your saying that you wouldn't take him, yet if he played his hardest he'd be GOAT? Well that means for 1 game, and for 1 game only, logic says you take Moss.

He showed his good seasons in 2007, and his early years with the Vikings. Rice can't come close to a dominate Moss, because Moss in his A-Game isn't fun to play against. Neither is Rice, mind you, but there is just no way I take him over Moss for 1 game. Hell if I had a chance to draft either Moss or Rice and have them paired with Tom Brady or Montana/Young their whole career, I'd pick Randy.

Just my opinion, they are a lot closer then many want to make it. And Rice is unquestionably the GOAT, stats can't be argued. But I still take Moss for 1 game, questionable over a career.
    Last edited by TearsOfPurple; 01-31-2013 at 12:25 AM.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    8 Tackles, 2 INTs, 18.5 Passer Rating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Can someone give me a legitimate argument on why they would take Rice's at his best over Moss at his best? Based on people saying "Moss never reached his potential he'd be the GOAT"...well he did just never sustained it. So your saying that you wouldn't take him, yet if he played his hardest he'd be GOAT? Well that means for 1 game, and for 1 game only, logic says you take Moss.

He showed his good seasons in 2007, and his early years with the Vikings. Rice can't come close to a dominate Moss, because Moss in his A-Game isn't fun to play against. Neither is Rice, mind you, but there is just no way I take him over Moss for 1 game. Hell if I had a chance to draft either Moss or Rice and have them paired with Tom Brady or Montana/Young their whole career, I'd pick Randy.

Just my opinion, they are a lot closer then many want to make it. And Rice is unquestionably the GOAT, stats can't be argued. But I still take Moss for 1 game, questionable over a career.
    I seriously wanted to post this exact thing earlier. But I don't really care about this debate lol

I see your point though. The thing is do you know you're going to get good Moss, or what have you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I seriously wanted to post this exact thing earlier. But I don't really care about this debate lol

I see your point though. The thing is do you know you're going to get good Moss, or what have you.
    Yeah honestly it's too close to call. Some people get wayy too butthurt over this debate (not a lot here, in a lot of other discussion boards this subject can get heated). Can't we all agree they were both amazing receivers haha? It all comes down to nit-picking in the end, no one is right or wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Yeah honestly it's too close to call. Some people get wayy too butthurt over this debate (not a lot here, in a lot of other discussion boards this subject can get heated). Can't we all agree they were both amazing receivers haha? It all comes down to nit-picking in the end, no one is right or wrong.
    I wanted to say one other thing. Assuming they're both in their prime and Moss is motivated.

I'm WAAAAAAAAAY more scared to play Randy than Jerry. Sorry J, I just am.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I wanted to say one other thing. Assuming they're both in their prime and Moss is motivated.

I'm WAAAAAAAAAY more scared to play Randy than Jerry. Sorry J, I just am.
    Exactly, and I can't see the argument against it. That's why what Randy said in his interview..is half right. Like what he did just by doing nothing is something that is unbelievable. And personally if it was me and another guy that could be considered the GOAT at something and it's so close..obviously you're gonna say yourself. So I look at the context to what he was saying without the "I'm the GOAT"..and he's 100% right.

Btw any football fanatic should watch this video series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc205O_Wtp4

^It's really good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SACNYY View Post
    lol no.
    Your sig annoys me.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast