Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I would take a 30 year old Jerry over 2 prime Moss's

vCash
    Ummm....I'd say that one is a huge stretch
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Ummm....I'd say that one is a huge stretch
    Maybe a little, but only a little

vCash
    At his very best, I'd take Moss over Rice. The problem is, he played up to his full potential like two years out of his career. Rice's prime was like a 10 year stretch.

vCash
    Not many people mention Steve largent. He wasnt the best but I wish he had a Joe Montana or a Troy Aikman and he maybe could have been
    Last edited by flgatorsandjags; 01-30-2013 at 04:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j11430 View Post
    At his very best, I'd take Moss over Rice. The problem is, he played up to his full potential like two years out of his career. Rice's prime was like a 10 year stretch.
    When was Moss at his best?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Steve Largent = Most underated ever

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple View Post
    Would you consider Bo Jackson the greatest RB ever then? I wouldn't.
    Well Bo Jackson only played 3 years, Randy Moss showed he was the greatest over a long period of time when he wanted to be. It sounds bad but he's still the greatest. And after everyone thought he was done, he went to the Patriots and broke the single season td record.

Since you bring up runningbacks, I'd say Barry Sanders is the best running back ever.

With quarterbacks, I really can't say. With all the different scenarios and different eras there's just no way to tell who the best ever was. You can say this about any position but everyone seems to factor winning into how they rank a quarterback so that just makes it more complicated. IMO the top 4 for qb's and Montana, Marino, Manning, and Brady. And there's no way you can say one is truly better than the other.

vCash
    In his Minny days obviously. He declined a small amount when he went to the Raiders, then went to the Patriots with a great quarterback, and broke the td record. Imagine if Moss had Brady for his whole career? Then do you think your opinion would change?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dulcetpine View Post
    No chance.

How old are you by the way? The reason I ask is that if you are old enough to have witnessed Jerry in his prime you would think otherwise.

You couldn't stop him.
    I am 29 years old.

vCash
    I think Moss has his statements somewhat confused. Best ever? No. Potential to have been the best ever? A resounding yes. Especially in later years (and even in early years) Moss almost refused the shorter or intermediate routes. I don't think I've seen him fight for extra yardage once in his career. He quit often on the field.

If Randy Moss had tried fighting for extra yardage, if he had committed to being as dangerous in the short to intermediate as the long routes, if he had been a better teammate and tried harder no matter the circumstances... Yes, he would have been the best ever. I don't think there has ever been a receiver as physically talented as Moss. Speed, hands and size taken into account, I can't think of another one. There might have been some prospects with the same height, the same speed or both, but never the hands to go along with it.

If Moss had the same brain as Jerry Rice or some other great receivers, there would be no question in my mind. I just can't forget how many times he gave up. One play in particular will always stand out. When Moss was with Favre and the Vikings, he went deep and was interfered with. The defender fell down, and all Moss had to do was lift his hands to catch the ball and it would have been a touchdown. He didn't even try, he just watched the ball.

vCash
    His first few years in Minnesota and I'd say in 2007. He was just unstoppable at that time. Those years I would take him over Rice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pedrofan45 View Post
    In his Minny days obviously. He declined a small amount when he went to the Raiders, then went to the Patriots with a great quarterback, and broke the td record. Imagine if Moss had Brady for his whole career? Then do you think your opinion would change?
    Nope. The year Jerry had 22 touchdowns he did it on 65 receptions in a strike shortened season, the year Randy had 23 he did it with 98. I would say Jerry's year (just like his entire career) was far more impressive.

Jerry was unstoppable, all over the the field.

I will add that I think you guys forget how good Jerry was because you haven't seen it for a while, I promise you when the dust settles on Randy's career in about 10 years no one will even be having this conversation.
    Last edited by dulcetpine; 01-30-2013 at 04:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pedrofan45 View Post
    This is how I like to think about it. Rice had two of the best quarterbacks of all time. I'm not taking anything away from him, but if Moss had any kind of quarterback consistency through the early part of his career he may have been able to make a case as GOAT.

The difference between the two is consistency. If Moss could have been consistent, I think he would have become the greatest

vCash
    Talent doesn't equal greatness.

Moss isn't even in Jerry Rice's league.
    Go Grab My Belt

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast