Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I can't agree with Moss here. As far as natural talent, he is. But he wasn't as well rounded as Jerry Rice and didn't have near the work ethic and desire to be the best. Rice may not have been as naturally talented as Moss but he outworked everyone else to be the greatest.

Right now, I'm not even sure if Moss can call himself better than TO? Moss was much better in the deep game and redzone, but I think Owens was more versatile. Owens was the better in the short, medium games, better blocker, and stronger with Moss being faster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Good counter, that really hurt my feelings right there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I was wrong.

I ate my crow on it. I was very wrong. I've admitted that. Not the first, won't be the last. I'm pretty damn glad to be wrong since I've been betting BAL heavy the last two games.

Doesn't change the fact that saying Culpepper would be better than Rodgers is silly. It is, and me being wrong however many times won't change that.
    Yeah I agree on that, that Rodgers is better than Culpepper. I was just saying that Culpepper was decent before he got hurt. I never said he was elite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Yeah I agree on that, that Rodgers is better than Culpepper. I was just saying that Culpepper was decent before he got hurt. I never said he was elite.
    I was SERIOUSLY a big Culpepper fan. I watched a thing about his whole recruiting process when he was a young NFL player, maybe a rookie and really found him to be a great guy.

All I was saying was that he wasn't some great QB. Maybe saying he was a fringe top 10er for his career was an exaggeration but saying Culpepper would outplay Rodgers given his same situation minus the injury.....I mean c'mon.

You can't find me 2 other people on this website that actually believe that.

Unleash the beast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I was SERIOUSLY a big Culpepper fan. I watched a thing about his whole recruiting process when he was a young NFL player, maybe a rookie and really found him to be a great guy.

All I was saying was that he wasn't some great QB. Maybe saying he was a fringe top 10er for his career was an exaggeration but saying Culpepper would outplay Rodgers given his same situation minus the injury.....I mean c'mon.

You can't find me 2 other people on this website that actually believe that.
    I NEVER SAID CULPEPPER IS BETTER THAN RODGERS. I said he was better than Jeff Garcia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    I NEVER SAID CULPEPPER IS BETTER THAN RODGERS. I said he was better than Jeff Garcia.
    I would agree. I didn't realize what post you replied to. I don't even remember saying that Culpepper lol good thing. lol

Sorry.

Unleash the beast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dulcetpine View Post
    At age 35 I believe.

I think he rushed back from that, I do believe he broke his knee cap in his comeback game on a touchdown.
    Deer antler spray

Unleash the beast.

vCash
    Some people like to judge players on their careers, I judge on the talent, skill, and how much a player affects the game. Randy Moss was the most talented and skillful player ever. Prime Randy>Prime Rice

vCash
    didnt realize this was the thread people were talking about it.

just my thoughts i posted in another thread.

Give me rice in his prime any day. He was more of a multi threat than moss which allowed ocs to be more innovative with him. Guy could go over the middle unlike moss and excelled at getting yards after contact. Plus his field vision allowed ocs to call more screen plays to rice, allows them to call more slants to rice. You could call those plays with moss but he was never elite at running those routes. Defenses HAD to account for rice on those routes because he could easily break one tackle and take it the distance. This made him much more of a threat for defenses to defend against and ocs werent limited by anything in terms of what they could call ie 3rd and 5= slant to rice with a high percentage throw. going deep is low percentage for example

Rice was a far superior downfield blocker and at the Los so tosses, sweeps had a greater chance of success. Rice was the more complete football player which allows the offense to be more of a multi varied threat than moss. Finally, rice wasn't as good as a deep threat as moss, but he could consistently beat Cbs down the field enough so that defenses had to double him even on a simple go route. Take rice in his prime any day over moss.

Randy moss may be more athletic, and was more prone to making big plays but rice made his offense literally impossible to defend.

This could be seen as a homer post but that's what I believe.
    Last edited by sfbayareafan; 01-30-2013 at 03:05 PM.
    warriors, sharks, 49ers, giants, cal, CU

vCash
    id take irvin ahead of moss.. ( shocker, huh?)

i mean, moss physically, no comparison.... what he could do in the game, maybe not that close...

however, people like rice, irvin.. they made the whole team better...

the way they practiced, gave 300 percent, left nothing off the table. never had alligator arms..

thats why they both have 3 superbowls...

( rice is probally not just the best wr, but the best player in the nfl ever)

i just think moss had the tendecy of maybe making people around him worse? some people didnt really like him, on his own team, and wasnt really an inspiration... ( not sure if im saying what i mean really....)

anyways, basically, i think guys like irvin and rice make guys around them better. make the team practice harder... raise the intensity.. you cant really measure that... except that they would never be traded in there prime... because they were that valuable to there teams...

(dallas dynasty didnt collapse when aikman left, or emmitt left.. it collapsed when irvin left... when irvin was suspended, or couldnt play. )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pedrofan45 View Post
    Some people like to judge players on their careers, I judge on the talent, skill, and how much a player affects the game. Randy Moss was the most talented and skillful player ever. Prime Randy>Prime Rice
    Would you consider Bo Jackson the greatest RB ever then? I wouldn't.

vCash
    prime randy though quite on plays, didnt try his hardest every play, and probally didnt bring any intensity to practice.
    teammates probally seen that, and did the same. and his teammates didnt have the physical talent he had, so when they dont give 100% everyday, it effects them much greater..

rice gave it all every play, every practice. teammates saw that, and wanted to do the same. he made his team better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple View Post
    Would you consider Bo Jackson the greatest RB ever then? I wouldn't.
    Crazy as it is, some people do.

Unleash the beast.

vCash
    Well, Prime Randy was not very good in Oakland. Prime Rice caught 22 touchdowns in 12 games. Jerry Rice could beat you catching the ball on a short pass and taking it to the house. Catching a deep pass and taking it in. He was more physical than a lot of receivers and it was very hard to jam him on the LOS. I'd take Rice over Moss with out hesitation
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    No chance.

How old are you by the way? The reason I ask is that if you are old enough to have witnessed Jerry in his prime you would think otherwise.

You couldn't stop him.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast