Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 254
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    438
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    The kids saying CJ is better because he has the record....

    Wait a couple years before you say things
    He already has two years of more receiving yards in a year than Moss had.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,549
    vCash
    1500
    The thing that blows my mind the most about Jerry Rice, is he tore his ACL at the beginning of the season, and played football just 3 months later. Unbelievable
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,549
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzord View Post
    He already has two years of more receiving yards in a year than Moss had.
    His numbers are a little inflated. Targeted 200+ times? Come on. I don't know if Moss was ever targeted near that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    troy, ny
    Posts
    266
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    The thing that blows my mind the most about Jerry Rice, is he tore his ACL at the beginning of the season, and played football just 3 months later. Unbelievable
    At age 35 I believe.

    I think he rushed back from that, I do believe he broke his knee cap in his comeback game on a touchdown.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,549
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dulcetpine View Post
    At age 35 I believe.

    I think he rushed back from that, I do believe he broke his knee cap in his comeback game on a touchdown.
    Yea, he broke his kneecap...but still. 3 months and he was playing in an NFL game. 3 catches for 40 yards and a touchdown. He was even productive in it...
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    1,512
    vCash
    1500
    This thread was made because Randy Moss said he is the greatest WR ever. ANYONE who actually agrees with that is absolutley not educated in the history of football. This whole "pure talent" thing is garbage. Football is a game of production not potential. To rate a player higher on your imaginary "best WR list" due to how high he could jump, how fast he could run, ect is ludacris.

    For the same reasons players like Ray Lewis are known as the greats you must look into what they ACTUALLY do for their teams. Leadership comes to mind, setting examples for others, work ethic, and of course as mentioned PRODUCTION. Its not about how Randy ran a 4.2 40.

    Jerry Rice greatest of all time.

    Chris Carter
    Tim Brown
    Terrell Owens
    Randy Moss

    Representing that 330!!!!

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,549
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBirthofNumber81 View Post
    This thread was made because Randy Moss said he is the greatest WR ever. ANYONE who actually agrees with that is absolutley not educated in the history of football. This whole "pure talent" thing is garbage. Football is a game of production not potential. To rate a player higher on your imaginary "best WR list" due to how high he could jump, how fast he could run, ect is ludacris.

    For the same reasons players like Ray Lewis are known as the greats you must look into what they ACTUALLY do for their teams. Leadership comes to mind, setting examples for others, work ethic, and of course as mentioned PRODUCTION. Its not about how Randy ran a 4.2 40.

    Jerry Rice greatest of all time.

    Chris Carter
    Tim Brown
    Terrell Owens
    Randy Moss
    Idk...in a time where football was alllllllll about running, Don Houston is pretty much the founding father of the WR position. I believe he should be top 3 at the very least
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,917
    vCash
    1500
    Moss is my favorite receiver. But, he isn't better than Jerry. Jerry continued great play well into the later part of career. Moss hasn't. Talent wise, Moss is the best. And I'd be hard pressed not to take Moss in his prime...

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    909
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBirthofNumber81 View Post
    This thread was made because Randy Moss said he is the greatest WR ever. ANYONE who actually agrees with that is absolutley not educated in the history of football. This whole "pure talent" thing is garbage. Football is a game of production not potential. To rate a player higher on your imaginary "best WR list" due to how high he could jump, how fast he could run, ect is ludacris.

    For the same reasons players like Ray Lewis are known as the greats you must look into what they ACTUALLY do for their teams. Leadership comes to mind, setting examples for others, work ethic, and of course as mentioned PRODUCTION. Its not about how Randy ran a 4.2 40.

    Jerry Rice greatest of all time.

    Chris Carter
    Tim Brown
    Terrell Owens
    Randy Moss
    Well, that's your opinion. When I think of defining the best player, I think of who played the position better. If I needed a guy for one season I'd pick Randy. So what if Rice had the better career or was less of a head case? I thought we were judging who played the position better, no?

    Judging careers is just so lame because there's so many what-ifs that can go into it. What if Jerry didn't play with the greatest quarterback of all-time along with Steve Young for most of his career? What if Randy played with Tom Brady for more than just a couple? That's why I like to judge players on pure skill. Who was the better wide receiver? Not which wide receiver had the better career or who was the better teammate.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,567
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by pedrofan45 View Post
    Well, that's your opinion. When I think of defining the best player, I think of who played the position better. If I needed a guy for one season I'd pick Randy. So what if Rice had the better career or was less of a head case? I thought we were judging who played the position better, no?

    Judging careers is just so lame because there's so many what-ifs that can go into it. What if Jerry didn't play with the greatest quarterback of all-time along with Steve Young for most of his career? What if Randy played with Tom Brady for more than just a couple? That's why I like to judge players on pure skill. Who was the better wide receiver? Not which wide receiver had the better career or who was the better teammate.
    id take Calivin for 1 year cuz their is no way to shut megatron down while all you have to do with Moss is press coverage and safety over the top

    The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

    #InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,549
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by pedrofan45 View Post
    Well, that's your opinion. When I think of defining the best player, I think of who played the position better. If I needed a guy for one season I'd pick Randy. So what if Rice had the better career or was less of a head case? I thought we were judging who played the position better, no?

    Judging careers is just so lame because there's so many what-ifs that can go into it. What if Jerry didn't play with the greatest quarterback of all-time along with Steve Young for most of his career? What if Randy played with Tom Brady for more than just a couple? That's why I like to judge players on pure skill. Who was the better wide receiver? Not which wide receiver had the better career or who was the better teammate.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    5,507
    vCash
    1500
    In a word, no
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

    1981 Sting

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14,705
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    id take Calivin for 1 year cuz their is no way to shut megatron down while all you have to do with Moss is press coverage and safety over the top
    Megatron has been shut down plenty of times.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Posts
    12,973
    vCash
    1500
    best talent ever

    not goat

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    ******'s bed
    Posts
    83,837
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    lol at coming from the same guy that says Flacco is no good!!!!!!
    I was wrong.

    I ate my crow on it. I was very wrong. I've admitted that. Not the first, won't be the last. I'm pretty damn glad to be wrong since I've been betting BAL heavy the last two games.

    Doesn't change the fact that saying Culpepper would be better than Rodgers is silly. It is, and me being wrong however many times won't change that.

    #YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •