Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    The kids saying CJ is better because he has the record....

Wait a couple years before you say things
    He already has two years of more receiving yards in a year than Moss had.

vCash
    The thing that blows my mind the most about Jerry Rice, is he tore his ACL at the beginning of the season, and played football just 3 months later. Unbelievable
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzord View Post
    He already has two years of more receiving yards in a year than Moss had.
    His numbers are a little inflated. Targeted 200+ times? Come on. I don't know if Moss was ever targeted near that much.
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    The thing that blows my mind the most about Jerry Rice, is he tore his ACL at the beginning of the season, and played football just 3 months later. Unbelievable
    At age 35 I believe.

I think he rushed back from that, I do believe he broke his knee cap in his comeback game on a touchdown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dulcetpine View Post
    At age 35 I believe.

I think he rushed back from that, I do believe he broke his knee cap in his comeback game on a touchdown.
    Yea, he broke his kneecap...but still. 3 months and he was playing in an NFL game. 3 catches for 40 yards and a touchdown. He was even productive in it...

vCash
    This thread was made because Randy Moss said he is the greatest WR ever. ANYONE who actually agrees with that is absolutley not educated in the history of football. This whole "pure talent" thing is garbage. Football is a game of production not potential. To rate a player higher on your imaginary "best WR list" due to how high he could jump, how fast he could run, ect is ludacris.

For the same reasons players like Ray Lewis are known as the greats you must look into what they ACTUALLY do for their teams. Leadership comes to mind, setting examples for others, work ethic, and of course as mentioned PRODUCTION. Its not about how Randy ran a 4.2 40.

Jerry Rice greatest of all time.

Chris Carter
    Tim Brown
    Terrell Owens
    Randy Moss

Representing that 330!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBirthofNumber81 View Post
    This thread was made because Randy Moss said he is the greatest WR ever. ANYONE who actually agrees with that is absolutley not educated in the history of football. This whole "pure talent" thing is garbage. Football is a game of production not potential. To rate a player higher on your imaginary "best WR list" due to how high he could jump, how fast he could run, ect is ludacris.

For the same reasons players like Ray Lewis are known as the greats you must look into what they ACTUALLY do for their teams. Leadership comes to mind, setting examples for others, work ethic, and of course as mentioned PRODUCTION. Its not about how Randy ran a 4.2 40.

Chris Carter
    Tim Brown
    Terrell Owens
    Randy Moss
    Idk...in a time where football was alllllllll about running, Don Houston is pretty much the founding father of the WR position. I believe he should be top 3 at the very least

vCash
    Moss is my favorite receiver. But, he isn't better than Jerry. Jerry continued great play well into the later part of career. Moss hasn't. Talent wise, Moss is the best. And I'd be hard pressed not to take Moss in his prime...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBirthofNumber81 View Post

Chris Carter
    Tim Brown
    Terrell Owens
    Randy Moss
    Well, that's your opinion. When I think of defining the best player, I think of who played the position better. If I needed a guy for one season I'd pick Randy. So what if Rice had the better career or was less of a head case? I thought we were judging who played the position better, no?

Judging careers is just so lame because there's so many what-ifs that can go into it. What if Jerry didn't play with the greatest quarterback of all-time along with Steve Young for most of his career? What if Randy played with Tom Brady for more than just a couple? That's why I like to judge players on pure skill. Who was the better wide receiver? Not which wide receiver had the better career or who was the better teammate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pedrofan45 View Post
    Well, that's your opinion. When I think of defining the best player, I think of who played the position better. If I needed a guy for one season I'd pick Randy. So what if Rice had the better career or was less of a head case? I thought we were judging who played the position better, no?

Judging careers is just so lame because there's so many what-ifs that can go into it. What if Jerry didn't play with the greatest quarterback of all-time along with Steve Young for most of his career? What if Randy played with Tom Brady for more than just a couple? That's why I like to judge players on pure skill. Who was the better wide receiver? Not which wide receiver had the better career or who was the better teammate.
    id take Calivin for 1 year cuz their is no way to shut megatron down while all you have to do with Moss is press coverage and safety over the top

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pedrofan45 View Post

vCash
    In a word, no
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    id take Calivin for 1 year cuz their is no way to shut megatron down while all you have to do with Moss is press coverage and safety over the top
    Megatron has been shut down plenty of times.

vCash
    best talent ever

not goat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    lol at coming from the same guy that says Flacco is no good!!!!!!
    I was wrong.

I ate my crow on it. I was very wrong. I've admitted that. Not the first, won't be the last. I'm pretty damn glad to be wrong since I've been betting BAL heavy the last two games.

Doesn't change the fact that saying Culpepper would be better than Rodgers is silly. It is, and me being wrong however many times won't change that.

#YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast