Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Randy Moss: I'm the greatest WR ever.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...t-wr-ever-play

Randy Moss wasn't bashful Tuesday when asked about his place in football history, declaring himself the "greatest receiver" to play the game.

I don't really live on numbers, I really live on impact and what youre able to do out on the field. I really think I'm the greatest receiver to ever play this game.

"Now that I'm older, I do think I'm the greatest receiver to ever do it," Moss said at Super Bowl media day in New Orleans.

Moss acknowledged that this season with the San Francisco 49ers "has been a down year for me statistically" as was his 2010 season before he retired for a year and his last season with the Oakland Raiders (2006) before his trade to the New England Patriots. He said, however, that he doesn't think statistics should determine greatness.

"I don't really live on numbers, I really live on impact and what you're able to do out on the field," he said Tuesday. "I really think I'm the greatest receiver to ever play this game."

Moss, 35, will be a free agent after this season. ProFootballTalk.com, citing a source familiar with the receiver's thinking, reported Monday that he plans to play at least one more season.

Moss had 28 receptions for 434 yards and three touchdowns in the regular season for the NFC champion 49ers. He has five receptions for 71 yards in San Francisco's two playoff victories.

Moss enjoyed his best season with the Patriots in 2007, when he caught 98 passes for 1,493 yards and a single-season record 23 touchdowns in helping New England to a 16-0 regular-season record.

He has 982 catches for 15,292 yards and 156 touchdowns in his 14-season career.

Hall of Famer Jerry Rice, who now is an ESPN NFL analyst, leads the all-time lists in those three categories with 1,549 receptions, 22,895 yards and 197 touchdown receptions.

vCash
    he's wrong
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    He could have been.

But he's not.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    If he's saying purely how impactful he was in his prime.........maybe.
    And here comes NY to tell me how young and stupid and naive I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

vCash
    He's the greatest deep threat of all time. He changed what teams look for in a WR. But Rice is the best WR to play.

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash

Exclamation Randy Moss: I am the GOAT.

lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    The question is "Would you trade Randy Moss in his prime for Jerry Rice in his prime?"

I think not.

vCash
    If Randy Moss had half the work ethic Jerry Rice had, he could have been. But he's not, and he never will be, because he was a slacker and a malcontent his entire career.

vCash
    I'd take Rice in his prime over any WR ever in their prime, call me a homer, but Jerry is the GOAT possibly at any position not just WR.

49ERS PSD 7 Round Mock Results
    1st Round:Kelvin Benjamin WR FSU
    2nd Round:Trent Murphy OLB Stanford
    2nd Round:Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss
    3rd Round:Keith McGill CB Utah
    3rd Round:Chris Davis CB Auburn

vCash
    He had the talent to be just not the work ethic. Rice is the best ever. I'd even take Calvin Johnson over Moss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzord View Post
    He had the talent to be just not the work ethic. Rice is the best ever. I'd even take Calvin Johnson over Moss.
    Right now? Ahahahahahahahaha

Calvin has the potential to outperform Moss on an all-time basis, but he is nowhere near Moss as of right now. No chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeesR#2 View Post
    The question is "Would you trade Randy Moss in his prime for Jerry Rice in his prime?"

I think not.
    It works the other way around. Most wouldn't trade a prime Jerry Rice for any player short of a QB, let alone Moss...
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Right now? Ahahahahahahahaha

Calvin has the potential to outperform Moss on an all-time basis, but he is nowhere near Moss as of right now. No chance.
    What? Obviously the career numbers aren't but he's has close or ahead of Moss at the same age as you can be

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    I love Moss. He's my favorite player from this generation but he doesn't touch Jerry Rice. Moss is the 2nd best.

-I will say that Randy Moss had the most pure athletic ability out of any athlete I have ever seen though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    What? Obviously the career numbers aren't but he's has close or ahead of Moss at the same age as you can be
    I want to see Calvin Return a punt.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast