Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Really? Many of his supporting cast? I suppose Golden Tate is a solid #2 WR, Kyle Rudolph will be a very good TE, and Michael Floyd should be a good WR in the NFL (but he isn't yet), although Clausen only played 17 games in two years with Floyd, who missed a good chunk of his sophomore year with an injury. I forgot the golden rule with Seahawks fans though, never say anything about a Seahawks player that could possibly be construed as negative, otherwise they'll flip a **** and claim that player is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Clausen's supporting cast sucked ***. Truthfully, what he has done in the NFL means nothing to his career as a college player. He was an awesome collegiate QB, and it's a damn shame that ND didn't have more, better weapons for him offensively, and had no defense at all the whole time he was there.
    I am not a fan of Tate actually. He has big moments from time to time but then he completely disappears for games at a time. Clausen is garbage, not even worth being called scrub, he is Jamarcus Russel bad.

vCash
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    I am not a fan of Tate actually. He has big moments from time to time but then he completely disappears for games at a time. Clausen is garbage, not even worth being called scrub, he is Jamarcus Russel bad.
    Seattle doesn't throw the ball much though. Russell Wilson had the least amount of pass attempts of any full time starter this year. Tate had 5 less catches than the team leader.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    What does Clausen's NFL worth prove about his college career? Answer: nothing.

And no, he isn't Jamarcus Russell bad. Of course, you probably haven't ever seen him play, so you wouldn't know.

vCash
    I'm also confused at how Gabbert and Sanchez supposedly "lived up to the hype," but Clausen, Pryor, and Henne did not. Henne and Clausen had better college careers than both of them for damn sure. I would probably put Pryor above them as well, he had some damn good moments.

vCash
    Whose ratings did they use for this? I'm pretty sure Braxton Miller and Teddy Bridgewater were both 5 star quarterbacks on scout, and I want to say Rivals. They were at one point, at least.

Logan Thomas was a 5 star as well, but I believe he was listed at TE.

vCash
    So basically you're just as likely to get a good QB as you are a bust with a five star recruit? Isn't that supposed to be the case for "normal" QB's

I'd definitely say Henne "lived up to the hype" though. Pryor was very, very good in college, but for some reason everyone had these superhuman expectations for him that just about no one could've lived up to, like he was supposed to be football's Michael Jordan or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I'm also confused at how Gabbert and Sanchez supposedly "lived up to the hype," but Clausen, Pryor, and Henne did not. Henne and Clausen had better college careers than both of them for damn sure. I would probably put Pryor above them as well, he had some damn good moments.
    Especially Pryor. He may have gotten in-trouble off-the-field, but he was the main reason why Ohio State won a Rose and Sugar Bowl. He was unstoppable in both games. As a FR he also kept Ohio State in the Fiesta vs. a great Texas team.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12