Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    He was great in '07, whined his way through '08, and was a total pain thereafter. He's been chased out of every city he has played for, and his fastball is long gone, maybe his change too.

Career wise he had more talent than any other WR of all time - by a good measure. One can only imagine what he'd have been if he worked as hard as Rice at his craft.

He's done, and he's dead to BB on top of it. It's a wasted effort.
    /thread

Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2013
    -mooz

vCash
    He was great in '07, whined his way through '08, and was a total pain thereafter. He's been chased out of every city he has played for, and his fastball is long gone, maybe his change too.

Career wise he had more talent than any other WR of all time - by a good measure. One can only imagine what he'd have been if he worked as hard as Rice at his craft.

He's done, and he's dead to BB on top of it. It's a wasted effort.
    I agree that it is extremely unlikely that BB would bring back Moss because of everything that transpired.

Since Moss joined the 49ers he has been enjoying his "humble pie" and I haven't heard any rumblings of him causing any problems there. I mean resigning Moss couldn't turn out as bad as the whole Chad Johnson situation did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kucka View Post
    I agree that it is extremely unlikely that BB would bring back Moss because of everything that transpired.

Since Moss joined the 49ers he has been enjoying his "humble pie" and I haven't heard any rumblings of him causing any problems there. I mean resigning Moss couldn't turn out as bad as the whole Chad Johnson situation did.
    Johnson got a lot of money up front and sucked totally. So yeah, I expect Moss would be cheaper and do better, so on a cost/benefit analysis he'd have to be better than Johnson on the field. However, in the locker room Randy is much more of a wild card and jerk off than Johnson was.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Johnson got a lot of money up front and sucked totally. So yeah, I expect Moss would be cheaper and do better, so on a cost/benefit analysis he'd have to be better than Johnson on the field. However, in the locker room Randy is much more of a wild card and jerk off than Johnson was.
    This whole locker room version of Randy Moss that you guys continue to talk about (as if he wrecked our team) is odd to me.

I remember Randy Moss in 2007. Breaking Jerry Rice's record and expecting to get paid. I see no issues with him being upset about not being paid?

If you went out and caught 23 TD passes in one season, the go-ahead TD in the Super Bowl (that our Defense decided to blow), I believe you deserve to be paid top-tier money. He obviously wasn't and didn't respond in the greatest of ways.

2008 comes rolling along and Brady destroys his knee first game, Moss produces with Cassell and then thinks he is due for a payday.... Nope.

Then he gets fed up with the fact that he is balling and the team won't pony up. Its not super natural.

vCash

Would you welcome back Moss?

Maybe him getting **** on by espn for claiming hes the best wr of all time will inspire him to reunite with brady and go all out one more time and pad his stats and get another ring...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RateSports View Post
    This whole locker room version of Randy Moss that you guys continue to talk about (as if he wrecked our team) is odd to me.

I remember Randy Moss in 2007. Breaking Jerry Rice's record and expecting to get paid. I see no issues with him being upset about not being paid?
    Moss as jerk off extraordinaire started a lot earlier than 2007. Start with Minny, then Oakland. Starts off great and always blows it. After he left here all he could do is talk about being back here.

Is there something wrong with a guy like that? Let me tell you, the man suffers from one or more Cluster B personality disorders: borderline, narcissistic, etc..

Please tell me what he's done since 2010. 3 years: 56 catches & 8 TD's - and took a year off.

He'll be 36 years old in less than 2 weeks. You want to tell me how many elite seasons WR's have had at that age? How about decent?

BB was able to get something out of him once, going back to the well again would be madness. Next tough team we face in the playoffs will beat him into a shell first thing, assuming he has been cut for sucking or screwing with team harmony.

If you went out and caught 23 TD passes in one season, the go-ahead TD in the Super Bowl (that our Defense decided to blow), I believe you deserve to be paid top-tier money. He obviously wasn't and didn't respond in the greatest of ways.
    You are misinformed. The Patriots Coaches lost the 2007 SB. First by not changing the OL line calls, that tipped the Giants to everything we were doing because they broke the code. Secondly the DC called the wrong coverage on the magic catch - one reason he was out of here immediately after.

Moss was under contract, and had no legal or moral basis to ask for anything - in particular in public and he started to dog games. Loser is the title he gets for that. Poison is another good one.

2008 comes rolling along and Brady destroys his knee first game, Moss produces with Cassell and then thinks he is due for a payday.... Nope.
    An aging WR that complained bitterly in public again gets no consideration from me or BB. Screw him.

Then he gets fed up with the fact that he is balling and the team won't pony up. Its not super natural.
    Your desire to have Moss back seems to be getting the better of you. Please reexamine.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 02-01-2013 at 11:06 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Moss as jerk off extraordinaire started a lot earlier than 2007. Start with Minny, then Oakland. Starts off great and always blows it. After he left here all he could do is talk about being back here.
    Because he was with one legitimate organization (not counting San Fran). Randy Moss made Daunte Culpepper. He was stuck in Oakland, where he had zero chance of winning anything. He came here and produced.

Is there something wrong with a guy like that? Let me tell you, the man suffers from one or more Cluster B personality disorders: borderline, narcissistic, etc..
    Probably right lol.

Please tell me what he's done since 2010. 3 years: 56 catches & 8 TD's - and took a year off.
    He has done literally nothing since 2010. He also has played for Minnesota (for a few weeks), the Titans with Matt Hasselbeck (and zero chance of winning anything) and now San Francisco (the #1 rushing team in the NFL).

He'll be 36 years old in less than 2 weeks. You want to tell me how many elite seasons WR's have had at that age? How about decent?
    I dont know if he has any "elite" seasons left. I think he has more in the tank than Dante Stallworth and Deion Branch. You can't even act as if he isn't better than all of our receivers (other than Welker and maybe Lloyd).

You are misinformed. The Patriots Coaches lost the 2007 SB. First by not changing the OL line calls, that tipped the Giants to everything we were doing because they broke the code. Secondly the DC called the wrong coverage on the magic catch - one reason he was out of here immediately after.
    I am aware of the coaching errors in the Super Bowl. The magic catch was a messed up coverage but it was a miracle even with the messed up assignment. My point only was that Randy Moss and Brady gave us the lead late in the 4th quarter of a Super Bowl and we were a few minutes from being 19-0 and the undisputed greatest team in NFL history. He deserved after a 23 touchdown season to be paid. Do you disagree with that?

Moss was under contract, and had no legal or moral basis to ask for anything - in particular in public and he started to dog games. Loser is the title he gets for that. Poison is another good one.
    He has issues, no question. I wouldn't characterize him as a poison when he was here. Brady loved Moss... and still does (http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...-a-possibility). If he was half as bad in the locker room as you guys claim, there is no way that the greatest player in franchise history/leader of the team would still like him. No chance in Hell.

An aging WR that complained bitterly in public again gets no consideration from me or BB. Screw him.
    Regardless, he is better than Branch, Stallworth, Slater and Edelman. He is a more vertical threat than Lloyd still. I haven't heard him complain much about New England. Quite the opposite actually.

Your desire to have Moss back seems to be getting the better of you. Please reexamine.
    I agree with this. I am a little biased towards Moss. Always loved him here and loved Brady's connection with him.

vCash
    I feel like that BB is always willing to roll the dice on the players that are pegged as "cancers" in the locker room. Dillon, Johnson, Haynesworth, and of course even Moss. I will never say confidentially that the Pats should or would resign Moss, but I can say that it doesn't seem like there is a terrible downside to bringing him back and we all known once a player steps out of line the Pats just cut their losses.

vCash
    Because he was with one legitimate organization (not counting San Fran). Randy Moss made Daunte Culpepper. He was stuck in Oakland, where he had zero chance of winning anything. He came here and produced.
    I don't appreciate players who cause trouble because they don't like their situation. I also don't trust players that have a great first year in a new location, and then suck.

I dont know if he has any "elite" seasons left. I think he has more in the tank than Dante Stallworth and Deion Branch. You can't even act as if he isn't better than all of our receivers (other than Welker and maybe Lloyd).
    Welker is not under contract, Branch and Stallworth are done. Moss is very risky.

He deserved after a 23 touchdown season to be paid. Do you disagree with that?
    Given the salary cap? Absolutely.

Brady loved Moss... and still does
    Absolutely not. Brady grew to dislike Moss in his last year. He was impetus behind the deal to Minny. So says my source an ex-player for the Pats.

If he was half as bad in the locker room as you guys claim, there is no way that the greatest player in franchise history/leader of the team would still like him. No chance in Hell.
    Brady is a consummate politician. He would not say anything bad about anybody if it does him no good.

Regardless, he is better than Branch, Stallworth, Slater and Edelman. He is a more vertical threat than Lloyd still. I haven't heard him complain much about New England. Quite the opposite actually.
    Slater is ST, he doesn't count. Edelman is a slot, and he can block Moss into the ground. Stallworth and Branch are retreads that have no more tread left - forget them.

vCash
    I will say this... I expect Moss to be getting his ring tonight so if he's playing next year, it's because he wants people to remember him well in hopes he'll be regarded as the GOAT. I think if he's playing next year, here or wherever (and has his ring), motivation shouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash

Absolutely not. Brady grew to dislike Moss in his last year. He was impetus behind the deal to Minny. So says my source an ex-player for the Pats.
    Our sources disagree then.

vCash
    Our sources disagree then.
    My source has been my buddy for 42 years, and he's a member of the local Pats media. Other published sources agree.

vCash
    My source has been my buddy for 42 years, and he's a member of the local Pats media. Other published sources agree.
    I completely respect your source and I appreciate the insight. No need for any more specifics. I have family that are very involved with the NFL.

vCash
    After last nights performance from Moss I retract any interest i showed previously. He quit on a number of plays that I saw. Lazy, Lazy, Lazy on the biggest stage. We need a big physical WR. Those win games this time of year (Anquan Boldin) Who will likely be out of Balt. Ed Reed and Boldin would be a damn good offseason for us nevermind what we get out of the draft.
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 54.9 Pts: 10.0 Reb: 6.5 Blk: 1.0

Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dynasty7961 View Post
    After last nights performance from Moss I retract any interest i showed previously. He quit on a number of plays that I saw. Lazy, Lazy, Lazy on the biggest stage. We need a big physical WR. Those win games this time of year (Anquan Boldin) Who will likely be out of Balt. Ed Reed and Boldin would be a damn good offseason for us nevermind what we get out of the draft.
    I have to agree with your thoughts on Moss in the SB. It just seems like he doesn't even want to be out there. I think he was just along for the ride trying to get a ring on his way out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast