Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Brewers Re-Sign SS Alex Gonzalez

1 yr, 1.5 M. Can earn an additional 1 M.

I like it. Segura will be the everyday SS but it's not a bad thing at all to have a guy like Alex Gonzalez who can step in and fill when needed.

Get Carlos Lee and this will be a good off-season, although I doubt Lee takes a backup job behind Gamel/Hart etc.

vCash

Thumbs up Alex Gonzalez inked

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...medium=twitter

I like it. Gives us a decent amount of depth. Id love to see Overbay back too. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO.
    Last edited by ******2017; 01-30-2013 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Merging threads
    Milwaukee Brewers
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Green Bay Packers
    Cincinatti Bengals
    BOSTON BRUINS OR DIE

Ive got a twitter! @WiteJamesHarden
    I follow back!

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Good depth signing and fill-in player in the event Segura struggles. Wondering if he could play a little 1B too if needed.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    I honestly hope he's healthy and plays well enough for them to send Segura down. I'd rather Segura work on maturing in the minors especially with having a good player in Gonzalez to take his place. He performed better than I expected last year and was a tremendous defender compared to the crap we had to deal with in 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    I honestly hope he's healthy and plays well enough for them to send Segura down. I'd rather Segura work on maturing in the minors especially with having a good player in Gonzalez to take his place. He performed better than I expected last year and was a tremendous defender compared to the crap we had to deal with in 2011.
    I personally feel that Segura will gain a lot (defensively, and professionally) by having Alex Gonzalez as a Mentor. You have a good point in that the extra time in AAA will help season him. He did alright last year, and I think this year will be another improvement. At the very least, give him a shot and if he needs the time, send him down.

vCash
    Yeah I think Segura should get the leg up on him just because he is the future, but I don't want him to be playing some mediocre baseball that starts leading to bad habits that could easily be curbed in the minor leagues better than at the major league level.

vCash
    Love it, he will be a good utility and leader for this team. In my opinion Segura should be the everyday SS unless he looks terrible in spring. It wouldn't be the worst thing for him to spend a half year in aaa, but he played well in the majors for the last month and was one of the best players in the Dominican league this winter. Segura could hit .300 with 10-15 hr and 30 sb, and I feel that the extra range will make up for the extra errors he will make.

vCash
    I'm happy with this. I'm interested to see how the roster will shake out with hart out a few months.

vCash
    It's kind of a blessing in disguise with Hart out. Gamel needs to be seen more at first to figure out what to do for next year. If he falters they either gotta go with Hart, bring in a FA or hand the reigns over to Morris. Morris has the better pop but he has no plate patience from the way it looks with the 3 to 1 strikeout to walk ratio.