Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevilla91 View Post
    nah you were wrong, all you said was he can only be suspended by failing a drug test...thats what you said. That is wrong
    I said the ONLY thing that can affect him this season is if he tests positive because he wouldn't be convicted in time to affect his playing time this year. You should re-read my first post and quit picking pointless arguments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequin018 View Post
    I said the ONLY thing that can affect him this season is if he tests positive because he wouldn't be convicted in time to affect his playing time this year. You should re-read my first post and quit picking pointless arguments.
    It is ridiculous to assume he wouldn't be suspended for this year. The report was well done, 5400 pages, and will not take long for mlb to come to a conclusion based on this isnt their first rodeo. Assume he will be out for 50 games.

vCash
    It is ridiculous to assume he wouldn't be suspended for this year. The report was well done, 5400 pages, and will not take long for mlb to come to a conclusion based on this isnt their first rodeo. Assume he will be out for 50 games.
    You sure? Can you think of ONE player who was suspended because of an investigation and not a positive test? Roger Clemens was named in the Mitchell Report, by several teammates and even Jose Canseco in that trash book of his as a steroid user as early as 1998. He pitched until 2007 without a suspension. Barry Bonds? Never suspended. Rafael Palmeiro was named as a steroid user prior to 2005, testified to Congress about steroids but was only suspended 10 days AFTER a positive test. Again, I have no clue why you feel Nelly will be suspended this year because you haven't given any evidence. And I doubt anyone cares about the opinion of some 22 year old kid.

vCash
    You sure? Can you think of ONE player who was suspended because of an investigation and not a positive test? Roger Clemens was named in the Mitchell Report, by several teammates and even Jose Canseco in that trash book of his as a steroid user as early as 1998. He pitched until 2007 without a suspension. Barry Bonds? Never suspended. Rafael Palmeiro was named as a steroid user prior to 2005, testified to Congress about steroids but was only suspended 10 days AFTER a positive test. Again, I have no clue why you feel Nelly will be suspended this year because you haven't given any evidence. And I doubt anyone cares about the opinion of some 22 year old kid.
    And all of those happened BEFORE the new rules took effect. Selig as full authority to suspend anyone with "just-cause."

From Randy Galloways article in the Star-Telegram "Cruz will have to now convince the commissioner and his investigators that he didn't pay $4,000 last summer for a delivery of products from the south Florida company. That payment is part of the new evidence against Nellie."

Plus Selig is still butthurt that Braun got off on a technicality. Nellie WILL be suspended in the 2013 season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeTradedWHO? View Post
    And all of those happened BEFORE the new rules took effect. Selig as full authority to suspend anyone with "just-cause."

From Randy Galloways article in the Star-Telegram "Cruz will have to now convince the commissioner and his investigators that he didn't pay $4,000 last summer for a delivery of products from the south Florida company. That payment is part of the new evidence against Nellie."

Plus Selig is still butthurt that Braun got off on a technicality. Nellie WILL be suspended in the 2013 season.
    These are the new rule changes:

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-207_162-666580.html

There's nothing about Selig having "full authority" to suspend people on a whim. The process will still be the same as it always has been. As far as I know, no one has actually been suspended because Bud Selig felt he needed to. I mean Ugueth Urbina killed a guy and only served a suspension because he tested positive for PEDs. I still don't think this will impact Nelly this year.

In fact, Bud Selig is the commissioner who is least likely to suspend based on his own judgement as opposed to protocol. The only instances I can really remember are Kenny Rogers when he punched that camera guy, John Rocker for being crazy, Yunel Escobar for being a douchebag, and Marge Schott for being an old decrepit windbag. There is just no precedence here.

vCash
    These are the new rule changes:

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-207_162-666580.html

There's nothing about Selig having "full authority" to suspend people on a whim. The process will still be the same as it always has been. As far as I know, no one has actually been suspended because Bud Selig felt he needed to. I mean Ugueth Urbina killed a guy and only served a suspension because he tested positive for PEDs. I still don't think this will impact Nelly this year.

In fact, Bud Selig is the commissioner who is least likely to suspend based on his own judgement as opposed to protocol. The only instances I can really remember are Kenny Rogers when he punched that camera guy, John Rocker for being crazy, Yunel Escobar for being a douchebag, and Marge Schott for being an old decrepit windbag. There is just no precedence here.
    Yeah those were the OLD rules. That article was from 2009 before the automatic 50-game ban even came into effect. I'm getting my info from this article http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/01...-from-the.html

"A-Rod is directly linked in this new scandal, but he's old news. Pitcher Gio Gonzalez, baseball's winningest hurler of 2012, is a new name. So is Cruz. Neither has ever tested positive for a PED, but under baseball rules, agreed upon by the union, they can still take the 50-game fall on "just cause" from Commissioner Bud Selig.

I heard it said yesterday that the burden of proof is now on Selig to prove the allegations coming from south Florida. Actually, not. This is not a court of law. It's the court of baseball. The Selig court.

Cruz will have to now convince the commissioner and his investigators that he didn't pay $4,000 last summer for a delivery of products from the south Florida company. That payment is part of the new evidence against Nellie.

And I repeat, the payment was reportedly made to the same company that a Cabrera and a Colon were buying from when they tested dirty last summer."

Sounds like hes up ***** creek to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeTradedWHO? View Post
    Yeah those were the OLD rules. That article was from 2009 before the automatic 50-game ban even came into effect. I'm getting my info from this article http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/01...-from-the.html

"A-Rod is directly linked in this new scandal, but he's old news. Pitcher Gio Gonzalez, baseball's winningest hurler of 2012, is a new name. So is Cruz. Neither has ever tested positive for a PED, but under baseball rules, agreed upon by the union, they can still take the 50-game fall on "just cause" from Commissioner Bud Selig.

I heard it said yesterday that the burden of proof is now on Selig to prove the allegations coming from south Florida. Actually, not. This is not a court of law. It's the court of baseball. The Selig court.

Cruz will have to now convince the commissioner and his investigators that he didn't pay $4,000 last summer for a delivery of products from the south Florida company. That payment is part of the new evidence against Nellie.

And I repeat, the payment was reportedly made to the same company that a Cabrera and a Colon were buying from when they tested dirty last summer."

Cruz will more than likely be suspended...and you will maybe end up trading for Alfonso Soriano and maybe Garza.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash

Sorry you think im 22....but you need to understand that those players couldnt be suspended due to the rules were not in effect...im sorry you dont seem to have an understanding of what is going on...cruz will be suspended, not really asking if you agree...just letting you know.

vCash
    Sorry you think im 22....but you need to understand that those players couldnt be suspended due to the rules were not in effect...im sorry you dont seem to have an understanding of what is going on...cruz will be suspended, not really asking if you agree...just letting you know.
    Thats going in my sig, so I don't forget. I hope for your sake you're right.

Yea, thats a Randy Galloway article. He's a drama queen. I won't say Nellie being suspended is impossible, but there's just no precedent for it so it will be tough to justify a suspension. You better believe that the MLBPA will fight this hard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Cruz will more than likely be suspended...and you will maybe end up trading for Alfonso Soriano and maybe Garza.
    The way Soriano left the Rangers years ago, the front office would be morons if they brought him back. A lot of fans still remember all the drama he create when he wouldn't change positions.

Then again the Rangers picked up a player this offseason who called out Washington last year. Then they picked up another player who turned down a trade to the Rangers 2 years ago.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    The way Soriano left the Rangers years ago, the front office would be morons if they brought him back. A lot of fans still remember all the drama he create when he wouldn't change positions.

Then again the Rangers picked up a player this offseason who called out Washington last year. Then they picked up another player who turned down a trade to the Rangers 2 years ago.
    Just curious as to what you guys think would be a fair offer for either Soriano or Garza (assuming he's healthy), or even both in the same deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    Just curious as to what you guys think would be a fair offer for either Soriano or Garza (assuming he's healthy), or even both in the same deal...
    If the Cubs eat a huge chunk of Soriano's contract, I'd give Olt and some younger or lesser prospects for them (I'm not sure what areas the Cubs are looking for exactly, so I can't say which other prospects). I think from everything I've seen, Olt is just another Hank Blalock. Lots of power, lots of strikeouts, quality defense. But teams still value him hoping he can hit the high side of his potential. I'd say I could realistically see him batting .260 in his prime but putting up Gold Glove caliber defense and 30 home runs.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Yea, thats a Randy Galloway article. He's a drama queen. I won't say Nellie being suspended is impossible, but there's just no precedent for it so it will be tough to justify a suspension. You better believe that the MLBPA will fight this hard.
    Was not aware of that. I hope you're right

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12