Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

heat and cavs favorites to land oden

CBS sports-The Cleveland Cavaliers and the Miami Heat have emerged as the leaders to land former No. 1 pick Greg Oden.
    The 7-foot Oden, who hasn't played since Dec. 5, 2009 due to multiple knee injuries, is hoping to take a visit down to Miami to meet with Pat Riley and the Heat in the next week, a source told CBSSports.com.

vCash
    I think he ends up in Miami. Oden and I have some mutual friends at Ohio State and I actually was able to meet him a few times during the summer while he was taking classes. The way he talked at the time made it seem like he was going to end up in Miami. I'm not sure if the Cavs were pursuing him at that time though. The benefit the Cavs have is the ability to offer more money which might be his best option due to his constant injuries. Either way hopefully he can find success with whoever he ends up choosing. It's a shame how his career has gone thus far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    CBS sports-The Cleveland Cavaliers and the Miami Heat have emerged as the leaders to land former No. 1 pick Greg Oden.
    The 7-foot Oden, who hasn't played since Dec. 5, 2009 due to multiple knee injuries, is hoping to take a visit down to Miami to meet with Pat Riley and the Heat in the next week, a source told CBSSports.com.
    Cleveland would give him a potential reunion with his college home state, and a long term stay outlook (Cavs have capspace next summer to give him a raise) to grow with a young Cavs team.

Miami would give him the national spotlight for endorsements and he would have the least pressure to have to perform big every night. Not sure which one he wants more, and don't really care as I don't think he makes any impact in the NBA until 2013-14 best case scenario if he is even healthy.

vCash
    Miami seems to be the best option for him, unlike eery other team miami can actually afford to keep him on the bench the rest of the season and slowly but surely get him back into game shape with limited minutes

vCash
    Either scenario is a great one for him, as Melo15 stated above. Would really be something if he can contribute to Miami if he's actually healthy for a change. I wouldn't hold my breath though....

vCash
    Kind of mixed about this. Wouldn't go out of my way to sign him, but if he is interested in Miami, I'll take him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Either scenario is a great one for him, as Melo15 stated above. Would really be something if he can contribute to Miami...
    Going by his stats, Oden was awesome while out on the floor. Which brings us to what you said below:

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    ...if he's actually healthy for a change. I wouldn't hold my breath though....
    Yes, if healthy (and that's a big IF), going by what he did (when he was on the floor, which was far and in between), Oden should be a great addition.

Ultimately, he's a gamble if you have him signed for more than a year (or don't have a team opt out clause beyond the first year). As much as the vet minimum is pittances, it's still a lot of money for a guy riding the pine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dré View Post
    Going by his stats, Oden was awesome while out on the floor. Which brings us to what you said below:

Yes, if healthy (and that's a big IF), going by what he did (when he was on the floor, which was far and in between), Oden should be a great addition.

Ultimately, he's a gamble if you have him signed for more than a year (or don't have a team opt out clause beyond the first year). As much as the vet minimum is pittances, it's still a lot of money for a guy riding the pine.
    Yup, it all depends on what he values. He's actually made quite a bit of money over his years in the league, so it isn't far fetched to believe he'd want to contribute to a winning cause here in Miami. It really is an interesting decision for him....

vCash
    I think Juwan Howard might be a key to him coming here. He was in Portland with Oden and took him under his wing, so maybe their relationship might help bring him here.

vCash
    herald
    Center Greg Oden, who hasn't played in an NBA game since December of 2009 because of knee injuries, is expected to travel to Miami to meet with Heat president Pat Riley in the next week or so, his agent Mike Conley said today.

Conley told me Heat president Pat Riley indicated he is "very interested" in Oden, who doesn't plan to resume his career until the start of next season. He might undergo medical tests during the visit to Miami but won't do any on-court work, Conley said.

The visit is not yet booked but will happen very soon, the agent confirmed. "It will involve talking to Pat and the medical staff to see where Greg is," Conley said.

Conley said the Heat hadn't called him to express interest in Oden until the past couple of weeks. He said the 7-foot Oden is considering four teams and has said several times in the past year that Oden would love to play for the Heat. CBSSports.com reported earlier Tuesday that the Heat and Cleveland are front-runners.

Oden, the No. 1 overall pick of the 2007 draft, has played in only 82 games, producing averages of 9.4 points, 7.3 rebounds and 1.4 blocks. He has had multiple knee surgeries, including a microfracture procedure last February.

"Greg can run, shoot, dunk, but we're not allowing him to do certain things," Conley said. "He's taking it slower than in the past. The biggest challenge is not doing too much too soon. In past rehabs, it was a little sore. Now he feels he can do anything. We're telling him not to [do too much]."

Oden is splitting time between Indianapolis and Columbus, Ohio, while doing his rehab. "The goal is to start next season" on an NBA roster, Conley said.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    herald
    I have a bad feeling Birdman will be cut, Why the hell did we guarantee Varnado? Nevertheless, I know Pat will make the best decision for this team at the end of the day, I'm not going to question him.

vCash
    Like others have said, it's a big question if he can stay healthy or not but I think the potential reward is worth the risk. He should be able to help out with some of the rebounding issues and give us a presence in the paint. Hopefully we can give him the vet minimum for a year to see how he goes.

vCash
    I think Pittman is gone. The guy is useless and got his fair shot. Birdman makes to much sense to stay on this team. Next year line up.

Oden/Birdman/Anthony
    Bosh/Haslem/Varnando
    Lebron/Battier/Miller?
    Wade/Allen/??
    Chalmers/Cole/??
    FEAR US!!!

vCash
    Oden will be here.

vCash
    Why is ESPN make it seem like if he is going to help the Heat this year? Did they not get the memo? He is not playing until NEXT season! I wish it was this season
    FEAR US!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast