Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Anybody have ESPN insider? I'm curious to who they list as the top 10 perimeter defenders...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...eter-defenders

vCash
    Jimmy and that is not even thinking about which one.

Jimmy is an 6'7 SG/SF and Iman is only a SG 6'5. Jimmy is very flexible and versatile that can guard both SGs and SFs on the defensive side of the ball and he has a decent offensive game while Iman can only guard SGs if their not to big at 6'7. Iman is a great perimeter defender and the best one on his team.

If we had Iman and the Knick had Jimmy they wouldn't even bother to trade Jimmy for Iman.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    This is the part of PSD that drives me crazy. People cant talk objectively about other teams players.
    Jimmy Butler is showing great promise, but Iman Shumpert is an incredible young talent as well. Cant just assume he is garbage because you hate the knicks.
    I don't hate the Knicks. But their fan base will go crazy and think their decent player is an AllStar.

BULLS ZORD

vCash
    Doogloas could you post Jimmy's offensive stats like you did for Shump please
    Last edited by Stunner; 01-29-2013 at 06:28 PM.

vCash
    Jimmy is on Chicago Tribune Live now <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    not saying he's garbage but he's awful offensively(as of now),whereas butler shows decency on that side of the ball(in the limited time he gets)
    I disagree and its obvious that you dont watch many knicks games. Shumpert is NOT a focal point of the Knicks offense and has just returned from injury. Butler is playing very well and getting an opportunity to produce offensively.
    Shumpert is a pretty good three point shooter and can create off the dribble very well. His defense is pretty darn impressive as well. You cant look at PPG and say a guy has no offense. Who is he surrounded by?

Butlers numbers will most definitely drop once Rose comes back and is once again the focal point of the offense, as will everyone elses numbers as well. Does that make butler any less talented on the offensive side of the ball? No it doesnt, his opportunities will diminish when Rose is back.

Shumpert is not the first or second option on a very loaded knicks team. You might not like the knicks but Amare, Melo, Chandler, Kidd, Smith, Novak, and Felton are all ahead of shumpert "Right Now" in the offense. That could change if someone like melo gets hurt.

Point is, Iman is a pretty good player, not garbage compared to Butler. Be objective.

vCash
    Lol Jimmy isn't the focal point of the offense either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Team*Chicago View Post
    Jimmy and that is not even thinking about which one.

Jimmy is an 6'7 SG/SF and Iman is only a SG 6'5. Jimmy is very flexible and versatile that can guard both SGs and SFs on the defensive side of the ball and he has a decent offensive game while Iman can only guard SGs if their not to big at 6'7. Iman is a great perimeter defender and the best one on his team.

If we had Iman and the Knick had Jimmy they wouldn't even bother to trade Jimmy for Iman.

I don't hate the Knicks. But their fan base will go crazy and think their decent player is an AllStar.
    I am a Huge knicks fan and I see what you are saying but you have never read anything that i have posted that thinks an average player got robbed in ASG votes. I like to think of myself as fair, but that is hard sometimes when you talk about your own team.

Most Bulls fans HATED nate Robinson when he was a knick. Now N8 is awsome as a bull.

I hate being thrown in with ALL knicks fans because most of them have their heads up their....well you know.
    And there is a bunch of them that are very smart NBA fans that feel just as i do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnerko123 View Post
    Lol Jimmy isn't the focal point of the offense either

Didnt say or allude to the fact that he was. I was pointing out that in order to rip iman as an offensive player you need to look at opportunity. Right now shumps is like the 8th option.

vCash
    I disagree and its obvious that you dont watch many knicks games. Shumpert is NOT a focal point of the Knicks offense and has just returned from injury. Butler is playing very well and getting an opportunity to produce offensively.
    Shumpert is a pretty good three point shooter and can create off the dribble very well. His defense is pretty darn impressive as well. You cant look at PPG and say a guy has no offense. Who is he surrounded by?

Butlers numbers will most definitely drop once Rose comes back and is once again the focal point of the offense, as will everyone elses numbers as well. Does that make butler any less talented on the offensive side of the ball? No it doesnt, his opportunities will diminish when Rose is back.

Shumpert is not the first or second option on a very loaded knicks team. You might not like the knicks but Amare, Melo, Chandler, Kidd, Smith, Novak, and Felton are all ahead of shumpert "Right Now" in the offense. That could change if someone like melo gets hurt.

Point is, Iman is a pretty good player, not garbage compared to Butler. Be objective.
    Wrong. He is garbage offensively look at my post on page one I explained why and how bad Shumpert iOS offensively. He has crazy potential bit RIGHT NOW he is garbage offensively. Period.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Butler rather easily. I'm excited to see how far Jimmy elevates his game. He has a tremendous work ethic and I'm sure going against a healthy D. Rose in practice only improves his defense and focus. If he can develop a consistent 3 point shot he could be the PERFECT fit we've all wanted to start at the 2. He has good form on his shot and with each game, his confidence is growing and he has such a good flow to his game. He's rarely if ever out of control. Terrific rebounder. Top notch defender. I think when it's all said and done, Jimmy will be to Rose, what Pippen was to Mike. Not saying he'll be as good, but he'll be effective enough to be Rose's 'sidekick'. I really think his potential is through the roof for him.

Hopefully Deng will take a bit of a hometown discount and can have a future lineup of Rose\Butler\Deng\Mirotic\Noah. If Deng would take a 4\40 deal or something along those lines that would be ideal.

vCash

even before the injury he was bad offensively,its not so bad because your team has so many weapons and he could still get better.but the facts are there,as of right now and through his short career ,he sucks offensively by every measure(not just ppg,look at his percentages).its there for anyone to see for themselves.

i am being objective.but i have to question yours ,as your trying to sell me that someone who career fg% is sub 40%,and ts never cracked 50% is someone good on offense
    Last edited by abe_froman; 01-29-2013 at 07:53 PM.

vCash
    Shumpert 19.8 MPG after starting season 10 days ago after Injury in Playoffs last april
    5.8 PPG on 6.9 FGAPG 3.8 RPG 1.4 APG 1.0 SPG

Butler, in almost twice the MPG 33.7

12.3 PPG on 8.3 FGAPG 6.2 RPG 1.8 APG and 0.7 APG

Butler is clearly getting more of a shot with Rose out and Shumpert is being treated with kid gloves coming back from an injury.

vCash
    i am being objective.but i have to question yours ,as your trying to sell me that someone who career fg% is sub 40%,and ts never cracked 50% is someone good on offense[/QUOTE]

Yet you are clearly basing your entire opinion of Butler on one full season. Shumpert has barely played half a season and Butler was not anywhere near where he is now a year ago.

vCash
    Shumpert 19.8 MPG after starting season 10 days ago after Injury in Playoffs last april
    5.8 PPG on 6.9 FGAPG 3.8 RPG 1.4 APG 1.0 SPG

Butler, in almost twice the MPG 33.7

12.3 PPG on 8.3 FGAPG 6.2 RPG 1.8 APG and 0.7 APG

Butler is clearly getting more of a shot with Rose out and Shumpert is being treated with kid gloves coming back from an injury.
    Per game numbers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LGhost View Post
    Anybody have ESPN insider? I'm curious to who they list as the top 10 perimeter defenders...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...eter-defenders
    There are no Bulls on the list, if that's what you're wondering.

It's also not that great of a list, as Dwyane Wade is on it. So take that for what it's worth.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast