Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Dirk has to touch the ball in the end. Didn't happen and we lost.

I still think this team needs to add a player who can be better than Dirk to help him out.

Until that happens we're not going anywhere fast, or at all.

vCash
    I'd rather have Austin Rivers handling the ball and Deandre Jordan shooting free throws at the end of our games than Mayo..so frustrating.

Mayo has never been that clutch just have Dirk get the ball and if double teamed let Carter take it. Both have made many gamewinners and buzzer beaters in their careers they know how.

seriously tho it's clear as day that Mayo doesn't quite have that confidence level needed to be a superstar. He's got confidence dont get me wrong but not at THAT level needed. Like Dirk, Kobe those guys are a 10 in confidence Mayo's peak is like an 8 in that category. He lacks that real confidence/arrogance needed to be a true superstar.
    He's better off being a 3rd option imo, hed be a really good 3rd option on a contender.

vCash
    first i saw the game
    we were up 21 at one point and then? i have no words for this **** sorry....simply angry

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevilla91 View Post
    Yes...clearly JET isnt anything anymore...thats why we didnt bring him back. But if you have watched every mavs game the past 6-7 years you would have noticed that jet was clutch, on floor every 4th quarter when we won 50+ games all t hose year.

Anyone can read stats, thanks for looking up nba.com to see who shoots better and blah blah blah...i prefer to watch the games and let their play speak for themselves....
    Please, acting like I don't watch the games. Apparently, you didn't watch all those games with JET very well. JET was absurdly inconsistent and there were plenty of times he disappeared in the clutch. He was a better free throw shooter than OJ, but he didn't get to the line as often either.

I saw the same guy you're gloating about consistently run down the court and shoot the ball as quick as he could. The only guy he'd regularly pass to was Dirk. He was a ball hog who would shoot until he made it, then shoot some more. And he also regularly lost his temper. He was a bulk scorer (he shoots a lot, so he scores a lot), at best, in his prime. And a lousy defender who got burned regularly because he'd gamble for steals.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    Please, acting like I don't watch the games. Apparently, you didn't watch all those games with JET very well. JET was absurdly inconsistent and there were plenty of times he disappeared in the clutch. He was a better free throw shooter than OJ, but he didn't get to the line as often either.

I saw the same guy you're gloating about consistently run down the court and shoot the ball as quick as he could. The only guy he'd regularly pass to was Dirk. He was a ball hog who would shoot until he made it, then shoot some more. And he also regularly lost his temper. He was a bulk scorer (he shoots a lot, so he scores a lot), at best, in his prime. And a lousy defender who got burned regularly because he'd gamble for steals.

The term is actually volume scorer..if you wanna be PC about it. Volume scorers shooting 40% and below...JET never did that...correct me if im wrong but being good at free throws actually means something..we would have won a few more games in OJ could hit free throws...and you say all JET did was turn the ball over less....once again correct me if im wrong, but not turning the ball over in the last minutes of a game is kind of important...something your boy toy Mayo cant seem to stop doing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevilla91 View Post
    The term is actually volume scorer..if you wanna be PC about it. Volume scorers shooting 40% and below...JET never did that...correct me if im wrong but being good at free throws actually means something..we would have won a few more games in OJ could hit free throws...and you say all JET did was turn the ball over less....once again correct me if im wrong, but not turning the ball over in the last minutes of a game is kind of important...something your boy toy Mayo cant seem to stop doing
    Oh, now Mayo is my "boy toy" because, unlike you, I realize that JET was just a "volume" scorer. Also, find one place with ANY credibility that says a volume scorer has to shoot under 40%. Oh, right, you just made that up. And yeah, he made his free throws, he also barely ever got to the free throw line for a guy who shot as much as he did, because he was almost completely a jump shooter. So who cares if you can make free throws if you AREN'T TAKING THEM.

I don't care at all about Mayo, he's a role player. Clearly the guy who has the boy toy is you with Terry. You'd think Terry was a hall of famer talking to you. He was a mediocre shooter who couldn't defend. Whoo!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    Oh, now Mayo is my "boy toy" because, unlike you, I realize that JET was just a "volume" scorer. Also, find one place with ANY credibility that says a volume scorer has to shoot under 40%. Oh, right, you just made that up. And yeah, he made his free throws, he also barely ever got to the free throw line for a guy who shot as much as he did, because he was almost completely a jump shooter. So who cares if you can make free throws if you AREN'T TAKING THEM.

I don't care at all about Mayo, he's a role player. Clearly the guy who has the boy toy is you with Terry. You'd think Terry was a hall of famer talking to you. He was a mediocre shooter who couldn't defend. Whoo!

HA, im sorry you do not know what makes a volume scorer. Terry shoots the same percentage as any other shooting guard in the league, look it up mister stats. Hes not my boy toy but ill be damned if you disregard what terry did for this team. Without terry..we would have no title...simple as that and if you deny that then i really fee like you dont need to have an opinion on basketball cause you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

still cracks me up you think terry was a volume scorer...sorry that you never even played basketball (middle school and the high school bench does not count). Please learn what it means to be a clutch player and what it means to be a sufficient scorer in this league..terry was one of the best.

vCash
    Once again, show me one spot where there's an exact definition of volume scorer that lists a shooting percentage. Oh, right, you forgot to. Instead, you started insulting me personally for no reason. You know nothing of me. Once again, you link no evidence, no stats, you just tell me how clutch he is and tell me how great his shooting percentage is and even more, say Terry was "one of the best"...haha. And then, on top of all of that, you don't at all take in to account defensive impact on the game. But, no, really, you're not blinded by your love of Terry.
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    lmao man you really crack me up, how come whe we had terry he had some of the best defensive teams weve ever had...maybe he just sucked, who knows. Im sorry that you need a stat to fulfill your concept of a good player...shows lack of understanding the game of basketball. If you need to be explained everything then like i said, you dont deserve to be in any intelligent conversations about basketball

vCash
    i just really think its cute, yes cute, how you dont know what a volume scorer is. I dont need to post stats or official links because i actually know what im talking about..i suggest you use what we call the internet to do some self informing on this related to this nature

vCash
    And please, you were the one who engaged me..im sorry you didnt know what you were getting into, but now you know...so next time dont challenge me because you will not win any basketball argument with me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123