Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

NBA.com 2013 Midseason Report Card: Chicago Bulls

Frontcourt: Case could be made that all three here -- Luol Deng, Joakim Noah, Carlos Boozer -- merited consideration as All-Star reserves. Boozer is Bulls' most consistent 20-10 threat since Artis Gilmore. Noah a legit MIP and DPOY candidate. The cost is being paid in heavy minutes by Noah and Deng (and Deng's assorted dings, too).

GRADE: A
    Backcourt: Kirk Hinrich is too, er, "senior" for the starting role and has broken down with a variety of ailments. Richard Hamilton, brought in to complement Derrick Rose, has played only 18 games with him in 13 months and both scored less, shot worse and had lesser plus/minus ratings when in tandem.

GRADE: C
    Defense: This is the constant. As valuable as Omer Asik was in protecting the rim, the real cornerstone at this end of the floor is Tom Thibodeau. Bulls have been first or second in opponents' FG% ever since he arrived.

GRADE: A-
    Bench: Losing Asik was a blow from which the second unit might never fully recover. The wholesale changes -- Kyle Korver, C.J. Watson, Ronnie Brewer, John Lucas III all are gone -- pinched in the first months but replacements Marco Belinelli, Nate Robinson and Jimmy Butler have been trending upward.

GRADE: B-
    Coaching: Same way, every day. Never too high, never too low. Preparation and execution. More than enough to win. Consistently consistent. Clever media banter? Bah! ... There -- you've been Thib-o-dized.

GRADE: A
    OVERALL GRADE: B+
    http://www.nba.com/reportcard/midseason/2013/bulls/

vCash
    I think most non Bulls fans are shocked at what the Bulls have done without Rose so far this year. Thibs coach of the year hands down.

My grade...A

vCash
    Boozer is playing very well

vCash
    I think that Backcourt ranking was lazy.

vCash
    They're knocking Rip for not playing with Rose, and how "affective" they were on the court together... when Rose hasn't played a single game THIS season. Yeah, the backcourt rankings were awful. Completely overshadowed Marco as a starter, Nate as a spark off the bench, and Jimmy coming in as well as Rip. Pitiful.

vCash
    they were too hard on the backcourt and bench imo but then again, it's more of a national coverage rather than a local one hence they know a little bit about every team in the league while us local fans know a lot about very few teams so i don't blame them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    they were too hard on the backcourt and bench imo but then again
    Too hard? I don't agree with that at all considering both units are the only glaring weaknesses of this team. Yes the commentary about Rip is quite short-sighted, but it does outline the general "failure" of Rip/Rose as the back-court tandem as we have all seen and for the most part accepted.

The last thing I want to read about the Bulls in terms of national coverage is 100% praise.

The national media is still sold on this "Bulls need a scoring SG to succeed in the playoffs," and while to a degree it's true, the team has been quite successful without it.
    Last edited by TopsyTurvy; 01-29-2013 at 02:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    Too hard? I don't agree with that at all considering both units are the only glaring weaknesses of this team. Yes the commentary about Rip is quite short-sighted, but it does outline the general "failure" of Rip/Rose as the back-court tandem as we have all seen and for the most part accepted.

The last thing I want to read about the Bulls in terms of national coverage is 100% praise.

The national media is still sold on this "Bulls need a scoring SG to succeed in the playoffs," and while to a degree it's true the team has been quite successful without it.
    I guess I was thinking of the entire backcourt (bench included) where they have been getting good production from. I guess saying 'too hard' was a bad phrase, i figured they were a lil hard (which is what i should have put down) and I guess I was including Rose coming back to help the bench out (putting hinrich back there) so I shouldn't have done that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    I guess I was thinking of the entire backcourt (bench included) where they have been getting good production from. I guess saying 'too hard' was a bad phrase, i figured they were a lil hard (which is what i should have put down) and I guess I was including Rose coming back to help the bench out (putting hinrich back there) so I shouldn't have done that.
    I know where you're coming from. I actually think the OP article doesn't praise the Bulls front court nearly enough.

The Bulls front court is easily an A+. It's the epitome of what you want a front court to do; control the game defensively, produce/facilitate scoring, and dominate the boards - and they are doing it with arguably three all-stars. I don't think there is a front court unit in the league that compares right now.

vCash
    I understand the C at the backcourt because of Kirk the brick shooting scrub and the B for the bench because of no legit center there to back up Noah. But the coaching should have been an A+ since Tom got this team winning at .600 at the 3rd seed with no Rose and the bench got dismantled over the summer.

BULLS ZORD

vCash
    Overall should be at least an A- considering we have been playing all year without a former MVP and our only real playmaker and still are in HCA position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Team*Chicago View Post
    I understand the C at the backcourt because of Kirk the brick shooting scrub and the B for the bench because of no legit center there to back up Noah. But the coaching should have been an A+ since Tom got this team winning at .600 at the 3rd seed with no Rose and the bench got dismantled over the summer.
    Kirk Hinrich has shot 41.6% from the field and 45.3% from 3 in the 26 games since December 1st. That's 2/3 of the season. He also leads the team with 40.0% from 3 overall on the season.

Keep trying to troll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    Kirk Hinrich has shot 41.6% from the field and 45.3% from 3 in the 26 games since December 1st. That's 2/3 of the season. He also leads the team with 40.0% from 3 overall on the season.

Keep trying to troll.
    Go explain that to the NBA because it's obvious they gave the backcourt a C. If he's playing that well then why is there a C instead of an A or B then? You can keep putting these nerdy statistics up of pretending how well Kirk is playing but the man is still a scrub and a horrible piss poor pathetic basketball player, it doesn't take no rocket scientist to figure that out and know it.

BULLS ZORD

vCash
    Well if the NBA said it, it must be true. As for the rest of what you said:

vCash
    The Pacers get an A ?

Better record goes to the Bulls and they're playing minus a healthy Deng and the MVP. Mean while the Pacers are missing Granger....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast