Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Are the sixers a soft team?

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-...xers-soft-team

Doig collins wont get on these guys about their aversion to contact? Because its not that kind of group? WTF??!!?!

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    It's a mixture of both. It's certainly Collins fault for not specifically gameplanning for these guys to go in for contact. But on the other hand, there are not many guys on the team that show any sort of willingness to take contact, when it should be common sense and second nature. We don't have any guys that have that aggressor mentality. Turner is the only guy that really comes to mind, and even he sucks at getting to the line. He just gets blocked all the time because of his predictable shooting motion and the fact that for some reason he refuses to elevate on layups. He's the only backcourt player in history who consistently gets higher on his rebound attempts than his layup/dunk attempts. It's baffling.

But Collins has no right to act like he's been preaching it. It's his job to come up with that game plan and to get the players to execute.
    Last edited by sixer04fan; 01-29-2013 at 10:11 AM.

vCash
    Doug had a hand in putting this loser roster together now he has to coddle them because their too sensitive what a ****en joke this team has become.

vCash
    Our team being soft is 100% Collins fault.

He has continually preached taking shots in the midrange jumper area. Those aren't conducive to drawing contact and fouls. Then he doesn't put value on having some low post power. They either draw contact for fouls or open up more for wings. Instead we run our bigs through the high post.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    I'll concede that it's primarily coaching... But please tell me, who on the roster has ever shown at any point in their career, no matter who has coached them, that they can consistently draw fouls and attack the basket? Who on this team was known for being a high contact player before they were coached by Doug? Which players were guys that could get to the line consistently before they became Sixers? Who is Doug holding back?

No one.

vCash
    I dont know that hes preventing anyone from getting to the rim.... But id like for him to demand it more of jrue and ET.... Him not asking/forcing them into the lane is a form of holding them back, isnt it?

Also, i dont love our bigs constanty on the high post.... He needs to demand they stay insode 10ft.... Easy buckets, more offensive rebs, creating contact on layups/putbacks, etc... He doesnt ask them to do it, in a sense hes holding them back as well.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    We've talked about this before. Months ago... Yes, of course, this is a soft team.

You have a few guys who are tough-minded (Jrue, Swaggy), a couple who are scrappy (Thad) and many others who are undersized...and so it APPEARS they are soft; they're just not big enough or particularly mean (Hawes). And then you have your sickening crybabies (Evan).

They're coach is not feisty. And they have no leaders on the floor.

Brand, Iggy and Lou were warriors. All gone.

You can't TEACH this stuff.

But this is what they built. THIS is what they wanted. They can't cry about it now.

Some nights it sickens me.

Getting beat to offensive boards...blowing gigantic leads...turning it over with less than 4:00 in regulation (ahem - Jrue - AGAIN)... This stuff requires strength from within. We have no killer instinct. We have no eye of the tiger.

Eck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    I dont know that hes preventing anyone from getting to the rim.... But id like for him to demand it more of jrue and ET.... Him not asking/forcing them into the lane is a form of holding them back, isnt it?

Also, i dont love our bigs constanty on the high post.... He needs to demand they stay insode 10ft.... Easy buckets, more offensive rebs, creating contact on layups/putbacks, etc... He doesnt ask them to do it, in a sense hes holding them back as well.
    Agreed. I'm just trying to make the point it's a mixture of both player and coaching fault before this becomes another trash Doug Collins thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    We've talked about this before. Months ago... Yes, of course, this is a soft team.

You have a few guys who are tough-minded (Jrue, Swaggy), a couple who are scrappy (Thad) and many others who are undersized...and so it APPEARS they are soft; they're just not big enough or particularly mean (Hawes). And then you have your sickening crybabies (Evan).

They're coach is not feisty. And they have no leaders on the floor.

Brand, Iggy and Lou were warriors. All gone.

You can't TEACH this stuff.

But this is what they built. THIS is what they wanted. They can't cry about it now.

Some nights it sickens me.

Getting beat to offensive boards...blowing gigantic leads...turning it over with less than 4:00 in regulation (ahem - Jrue - AGAIN)... This stuff requires strength from within. We have no killer instinct. We have no eye of the tiger.

Eck.
    Agree with this as well for the most part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post

We don't know 'he's not asking them'. Look, aggressive Bigs go low by instinct. It's where they belong. Westbrook flies to the basket with abandon because that's in his DNA. You can't say: "Evan...yeah...uh, after you wipe your eyes and blow your nose because the ball wasn't passed to you...suddenly BECOME a tough guy. A real tough guy, see? Acquire some instinct which will propel you toward the net every time you receive the ball. Better yet - BEFORE IT EVEN REACHES YOU decide you are taking it to the hole!! Okay?? Evan? Um...Evan...yes, you with your hand up in the air 23 feet away from the basket! Start BEING TOUGH! ok?"

Yeah...it don't work that way.

vCash
    We don't know 'he's not asking them'. Look, aggressive Bigs go low by instinct. It's where they belong. Westbrook flies to the basket with abandon because that's in his DNA.
    This... Not gonna comment on the Evan stuff. I'm just not gonna go there with you today RP haha sorryl. But I agree with this 100%

vCash
    Had to blow off steam. Everyone throwing a parade for Evan because he scored 27. Meanwhile he gave UP 27 at the other end. So a net 0 points scored. And about 3 rebounds against a team we needed to bang with.

He had his usual 4:00 of being on fire...and that's what's remembered.

Sickening.

Go ABOVE THE SCREEN EVAN!!! ABOVE IT!!!

oh, forget it.

vCash
    Had to blow off steam. Everyone throwing a parade for Evan because he scored 27. Meanwhile he gave UP 27 at the other end. So a net 0 points scored. And about 3 rebounds against a team we needed to bang with.

He had his usual 4:00 of being on fire...and that's what's remembered.

Sickening.

Go ABOVE THE SCREEN EVAN!!! ABOVE IT!!!

oh, forget it.
    Haha. Hey I'm not disagreeing

vCash
    Ricky, I dont know if id call brand iggy or lou "warriors"... At least in regards to this thread when it comes to taking contact offensively.

Iggy def not.... He defined being soft offensively with the pull up jumpers and being scared to take it inside.

Brand... Defensively ill give him your "warrior" label constantly banging with bigger more athletic guys, but too often offensively did he shy away from the paint, and look for te 10-15foot jumper.

Lou, i guess offensively ill give him your "warrior" title over everyone except our current jrue holiday... But often he too didnt attack, he drew contact from pump fakes quite often rather than hit the lane hard.

Im not writing this to hate on guys who u claim i hate, im just saying that we didnt lose any "offensive toughness" without these 3 guys.... Defensive toughness is for another thread (go make it if u want) but, we absolutely lost a lot of our defensive toughness/identity without iggy and brand.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    We don't know 'he's not asking them'. Look, aggressive Bigs go low by instinct. It's where they belong. Westbrook flies to the basket with abandon because that's in his DNA. You can't say: "Evan...yeah...uh, after you wipe your eyes and blow your nose because the ball wasn't passed to you...suddenly BECOME a tough guy. A real tough guy, see? Acquire some instinct which will propel you toward the net every time you receive the ball. Better yet - BEFORE IT EVEN REACHES YOU decide you are taking it to the hole!! Okay?? Evan? Um...Evan...yes, you with your hand up in the air 23 feet away from the basket! Start BEING TOUGH! ok?"

Yeah...it don't work that way.
    Evan isnt a good off the ball player, he doesnt ever come off screens, so how is he gonna prepare to attack the rim before he gets the ball?

This is an insult to evan.... Not an excuse... Just so u know. Lol.

Although if collins ever ran evan off a screen (he never has) id be curious to see what happens.... Not that id expect success... Just curiousity.

gotta pay the troll toll

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast