Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobshirleyrules View Post
    Are you sure about this on a buyout. I guess you can structure buyout/retirement.
    I'm not sure on anything, but just what I've read.

In the nba, I believe it stays on the cap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    that has to be the stupidest thing ive read. why should a team be held accountable for the deception of a player. I guess if you committed a murder your family should be thrown in jail also. Thats great logic there

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jango2000 View Post
    It's time for some sensible discussions about the difference between HGH and steroids.

HGH speeds up the healing process. It helps rebuild and grow new cells.
    HGH is given to all kinds of patients for a variety of reasons. I've known cancer patients and chronic fatigue sufferers who've benefited hugely with it.

And why blame an athlete for trying to get himself healthy? When Pettitte took it after an elbow injury he was trying to come back strong for his team.

I'm no fan of A-Rod, but come on, the guy is being paid almost a million dollars to perform for his team. I don't think A-Rod wants to be seen as a creep who just took the money. He's trying everything possible to get out there and live up to his contract. Can't hate him for that.

I'm all for banning the unfair advantage steroid use gives players. But I'm for anything that promotes healing and prolonging a player's career.
    Great post.
    I completely agree.
    I think that a pro athlete should be able to take hgh, deer velvet spray, fermented shark **** or whatever can really help them recover from injury.
    It's his job to play. Hgh is not illegal but it is controlled and if others can benefit from its healing properties, why not pro athletes?
    There is a huge difference between taking it to heal a specific injury after a surgical procedure and using on a long term basis to simply gain an advantage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Great post.
    I completely agree.
    I think that a pro athlete should be able to take hgh, deer velvet spray, fermented shark **** or whatever can really help them recover from injury.
    It's his job to play. Hgh is not illegal but it is controlled and if others can benefit from its healing properties, why not pro athletes?
    There is a huge difference between taking it to heal a specific injury after a surgical procedure and using on a long term basis to simply gain an advantage.
    Steroids are also used to heal, recover, etc. Almost any argument for HGH can be made for steroids. I know a few people prescribed steroids for various reasons. My GF being one of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Steroids are also used to heal, recover, etc. Almost any argument for HGH can be made for steroids. I know a few people prescribed steroids for various reasons. My GF being one of them.
    I would draw a line between cases where HGH and steroids are used to recover from disease or injury and cases where they are being used by otherwise healthy athletes to improve performance.

vCash

I hear what you are saying but to be honest there is a HUGE difference between an anabolic steroid and HGH. I would be very interested to know what type of steroid your gf was prescribed, there are so many different types of steriods that have so many pratical and non pratical uses. As i have stated before i am NO doctor but i would be very shocked if Stanozolol was perscribed to her...
    HGH works so differently than steroids it is really hard if not impossible to classify them together. Just like i would not classify Andro and HGH together... again just because they are considered "PED's" does not make them the same and have the same effect and same side effects. Its like saying a horse and tiger are the same because they are both animals...
    Again just my opinion...

vCash
    You be the judge...

VS.

vCash
    Funny. Arms and neck and head doubled in size.

Bob!

vCash
    I'm sure that has nothing to do with being 22 in one picture and then 28-29 in the other.

I mean look, obviously Cano could have used something. It really wouldn't surprise me to hear any player used.

But to compare pictures that are 7 years difference and say its steroids is a little crazy.

How many athletes look the same from when they come into the league and then 7-8 years later? I can't imagine many.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    I'm sure that has nothing to do with being 22 in one picture and then 28-29 in the other.

I mean look, obviously Cano could have used something. It really wouldn't surprise me to hear any player used.

But to compare pictures that are 7 years difference and say its steroids is a little crazy.

How many athletes look the same from when they come into the league and then 7-8 years later? I can't imagine many.
    They all used to look the same before 1990. Go look at Mattinglys. Or Winfield. Same body always til they got old.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post

You make a fair point.

That said, you can't simply attribute the differences in players' physical features to weightlifting and the aging process all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    They all used to look the same before 1990. Go look at Mattinglys. Or Winfield. Same body always til they got old.
    I always figured that lifting and any sport which requires consistently repetitive motions don't mix well. That whole muscle memory concept (gold/baseball/basketball). Meaning your swing on monday would be thrown off by doing curls on sunday kind of thing.

I'm obviously wrong since no one ever goes into inexplicable slumps towards the end of the season/playoffs as they cycle off any off season benefit their "enhanced" lifting provided.

vCash
    Anyone hear about the NBA system? They get tested 4 times a year. Only once in season. So, if you get tested after game three, lets say, you are cleared to juice the rest of the season.

No blood tests allowed.

Fkn amazing.

Think about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post

You don't think steroids existed in the sport before the 90s???

vCash
    You don't think steroids existed in the sport before the 90s???
    Ummmm, duh.

What didn't exist was the high tech synthetics, supplements, and corresponding workout regimens.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast