Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    vCash
    the 2 things dont have anything to do with each other if the yankees were to take that route cause PR campain money doesnt change payroll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    the 2 things dont have anything to do with each other if the yankees were to take that route cause PR campain money doesnt change payroll
    True in the strictest sense of the word.

However, in the end, it all boils down to money.

My point being that Hal is preaching financial frugality one day and then willing to risk losing over 100 million dollars on a hunch the next so the two arguements don't exactly seem consistent.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    OMG!!!! AROID was cheating again? but the guy is so honest!!!!

vCash
    if the MLB wants to stop cheating like this, since they can't get the union to do the "right thing" then clubs should be held responsible if thier players are found cheating. Heavy fines and or loss of draft pics or even loss of paly off run for the following year. None of that will happen of course, too much money to be made by the clubs and all sports could care less if thier players cheat, as long as the bottom line grows. Just look at the murderers and felons that play in the NFL.

vCash
    HGH should be legal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadThane View Post
    if the MLB wants to stop cheating like this, since they can't get the union to do the "right thing" then clubs should be held responsible if thier players are found cheating. Heavy fines and or loss of draft pics or even loss of paly off run for the following year. None of that will happen of course, too much money to be made by the clubs and all sports could care less if thier players cheat, as long as the bottom line grows. Just look at the murderers and felons that play in the NFL.
    that has to be the stupidest thing ive read. why should a team be held accountable for the deception of a player. I guess if you committed a murder your family should be thrown in jail also. Thats great logic there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    HGH should be legal.
    It will be eventually

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    that has to be the stupidest thing ive read. why should a team be held accountable for the deception of a player. I guess if you committed a murder your family should be thrown in jail also. Thats great logic there
    Beat me too it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Hal's about to embark upon a $114,000,000 public relations campaign when just last week he was bemoaning pennies and nickels with the payroll cap.
    Isn't Hal trying to SAVE $114,000,000? That would seem consistent with his budget strategy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Isn't Hal trying to SAVE $114,000,000? That would seem consistent with his budget strategy.
    My point was that if they send him home and egg him on to challenge them in court, he is very likely going to get paid.

I see youre point that we have to pay it anyway but I'm looking at it like they're just going to eat the 114 mil and have no player when they are very likely going to lose this stratedgy due to the letter of the law contractually.

And so, a new era begins.....

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadThane View Post
    What?
    And if the team doesn't know? Are they supposed to send spies? Monitor and blood test on a weekly basis? Have a constant guard go everywhere with each player? I don't think the union would allow that either.

And how about all the non-murderers and felons in the NFL?

Criticizing and punishing the vast majority for the poor behavior of the very few is a wonderful idea though, now excuse me, I'm going to stand naked in front of the gov's mansion and then piss on the cops but make sure I tell them that I'm a part of the yankee forum. See you guys in the slammer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    My point was that if they send him home and egg him on to challenge them in court, he is very likely going to get paid.

I see youre point that we have to pay it anyway but I'm looking at it like they're just going to eat the 114 mil and have no player when they are very likely going to lose this stratedgy due to the letter of the law contractually.
    they might be doing that anyway with arods hip
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    If I'm Hal, I basically move A-Rod to fire himself.

Here are the steps I take:

1.) I approach A-rod about a buy out. Say 50 cents on the dollar. Then threaten to play by all the rules which will ensure A-rod will not get all that many ABs (pinch hitter). In fact, I don't know the rules, but is it possible the Yankees can leave A-rod on the DL for the remainder of his contract (e.g. he never gets called up). Basically tell A-rod you want to play in the Majors again, you need to cut a deal with us and hope another team signs you, otherwise you will be AROD-DL, or Arod pinch hitter.

I know I heard a lot of these rumors that A-rod has played his last game as a Yankee...BUT...I seriously doubt the Yankees are going to release him without some gain in sight...look If A-rod had one year left on his deal, with a best case scenario of 1/2 a season, then sure they can cut him. That is not the case here. Bottom line is once they release A-rod, they lose their leverage completely. If the Yankees were going to cut A-rod they would have already!

If I'm the Yankees I work to twist this around to ensure as long as A-rod is an employee of the Yankees, they will make his life miserable (this is what companies do when they push employees out the door). A few ideas I have:

1. Convince A-rod, he is unemployable, thus he can retire get his money from the insurance and we move our separate ways (its not like he has been the poster child for health and his second hip surgery in 4 years is certainly of concern).

2. Convince A-rod, that the Yankees don't think he is productive, but are not willing to eat his contract either, thus if he wants to test the market he can do so, with a 50% discount.

Basically the Yankees are going to have to get creative, and play a little chicken. At the end of the day, if they can get him to retire for injury reasons, this might be the best for all.

***Anyone know the cap rules on retirements for Injuries (paid out with insurance); to lazy to look this up myself.
    Last edited by Bobshirleyrules; 02-01-2013 at 04:31 PM. Reason: improve post

vCash
    Cap Rules:

On any buyout, we get no relief.

On insurance injury, no relief.

Plus, the players union will not even allow such a buyout. It will create precedence for other teams.

I think the only solution, other than legal, is to not play him and drag him through the mud til he quits. But that will basically ruin the team morale.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Are you sure about this on a buyout. I guess you can structure buyout/retirement.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast