Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: PED Discussion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    I cannot express how happy I am that Baseball is so focused on this right now that someone's unsubstantiated scrawling in a notebook is enough to destroy careers, whether true or not.

Also, if these allegations are proven correct it would demonstrate that MLB is either incompetent or complicit in the usage of PEDs in the sport. Either their tests are not effective or they are looking the other way.

Nonetheless, color me unsurprised.
    It wouldn't demonstrate either.

First of all, if the players are using HGH, there hasn't been any in-season testing for it at the MLB level until 2013. Second, there are masking agents that work. The chemists are one step ahead of the testing agencies. How are they looking away when they are actively suspending the players they do catch?

vCash
    Bahahahahaha!!!!!!! So many naive people still think players are clean. It's ramped!!!

I would love to here some more names. I wonder if the Blue Jays get their stuff from Florida too. Maybe they have a Toronto office also!

vCash
    The bad part is A-Roid was juicing and still sucked!

Thanks for the awesome sig dodgersuck!

vCash
    I think it is still too early to jump to any conclusions. This whole report seems so damn shady...

If this is true though what a blooming idiot A-Rod is, just downright dumb.

vCash
    God Arod has been nothing but an embarrassment for this franchise. I really hope its determined that he cant come back from this injury of his so that we dont have to pay him anymore.

New York Rangers: 37-29-4, 78PTS
    New York Knicks: 27-40
    New York Yankees, Make Jeter's Last Year Count
    New York Jets, our future is very bright
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

Man City
    As of 3/18/14

vCash
    You think they would try to help the Marlins a bit... Maybe Selig should just let Miami use them so they can win more than 30 games this year.

vCash
    Quite frankly this report seems shady and I am considering it fabricated until some form of corroboration can be attained. Both Gio and Rodriquez are outright denying any connection to this clinic, the "notebooks" are a little too specific despite the inherently secretive nature of the alleged activities, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet
    The chemists are one step ahead of the testing agencies. How are they looking away when they are actively suspending the players they do catch?
    Reading comprehension is difficult, so let's try this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Also, if these allegations are proven correct it would demonstrate that MLB is either incompetent or complicit in the usage of PEDs in the sport. Either their tests are not effective or they are looking the other way.
    Anywhoo....

This feels like a targeted media snipe.

For instance, to our knowledge Alex has not failed a single test while wearing a Yankee uniform, yet this report would have us believe he has been actively using every year since at least 2009 and is paid for continued PEDs usage through this year.

Sorry, I am not buying this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Bahahahahaha!!!!!!! So many naive people still think players are clean. It's ramped!!!

I would love to here some more names. I wonder if the Blue Jays get their stuff from Florida too. Maybe they have a Toronto office also!
    This is pretty random. What do the Blue Jays have to do with any of this?

vCash
    I don't know if the reports are true or not, but whatever Arod may have been using must have been some weak stuff. Arod's performance from 2009-2012 has overall been pretty damn mediocre.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thing View Post
    I don't know if the reports are true or not, but whatever Arod may have been using must have been some weak stuff. Arod's performance from 2009-2012 has overall been pretty damn mediocre.
    For A-Rod, yeah. But still a productive player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    Quite frankly this report seems shady and I am considering it fabricated until some form of corroboration can be attained. Both Gio and Rodriquez are outright denying any connection to this clinic, the "notebooks" are a little too specific despite the inherently secretive nature of the alleged activities, etc.

Reading comprehension is difficult, so let's try this again.

Anywhoo....

This feels like a targeted media snipe.

For instance, to our knowledge Alex has not failed a single test while wearing a Yankee uniform, yet this report would have us believe he has been actively using every year since at least 2009 and is paid for continued PEDs usage through this year.

Sorry, I am not buying this.
    Don't worry about it. He replies to posts without reading through them entirely or recognizing the context often enough in the Mets forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It's very doubtful that there will be any action brought against any players from this
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I don't see how any one can be suspended for this.

These aren't MLB's tests, right?
    According to THIS report A-rod CAN be suspended due to this...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...nsion/1874225/

New York Yankees All-Star third baseman Alex Rodriguez could be suspended by Major League Baseball in light of a story from Miami New Times that details performance-enhancing drugs he received and used from a South Florida clinic, a person familiar with MLB's drug policy told USA TODAY Sports.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezombie View Post
    i agree, he isn't worth what he is being paid, but he has been a pretty consistent 3 war third baseman, and would still be productive for a lot of teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezombie View Post
    Right, but not productive enough that shows me PED's had any effect, if he was using anything.

It seems to me, if Arod was using, it was to get back onto the field. This isn't like Barry Bonds who was smacking 73 home runs at the age of 36. Whatever Arod may have been using obviously wasn't working.

Not condoning his actions if the report is true, just saying that whatever he was supposedly using was some weak stuff. That, or he was only using for injuries.

vCash
    A-roid doesn't surprise me, Gio stings a bit and always knew Cruz was juicin. Know link the Niners to this some how.

Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast