Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: We Trade..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    with no 2nd round pick and no trade down they better be selecting the best defensive player available I don't care how over-drafted some people think he is.
    You do realize that Mark Davis and Reggie believe the offense is the highest priority in the offseason....

Reason being, DA's defense ended the season on a high note. He will be successful with average players. It's not a matter of which side is more of a need, it's which one first. Both sides sucked, but the offense never clicked like the defense did. They kept us in more games then the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    You do realize that Mark Davis and Reggie believe the offense is the highest priority in the offseason....

Reason being, DA's defense ended the season on a high note. He will be successful with average players. It's not a matter of which side is more of a need, it's which one first. Both sides sucked, but the offense never clicked like the defense did. They kept us in more games then the offense.
    Im not sure about that...the offense struggled but the defense was horrible almost all year...id bet there will be alot of defensive picks...especially early

vCash

You cannot be serious? The defense is by far the worst out of the two. Knapp ruined the offense, so a new competent offensive coordinator will make this offense look a lot better than last year. I hope you're joking about those two thinking that cause if that's true, then Reggie isn't as smart as we thought he was.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash

vCash
    I think Fish misunderstood RMs end of year presser where he said he was more concerned about the Offense.
    That is why GK was let go and Not tarver, because the offense failed to perform at the level of expectation.

That isnt to say it was the players.I think he believes in our players and blamed the coach.On defense he doesnt really believe iun our players as much as he thinks Tarver can get a good effort out of guys like Omar Gaither as long as we get rid of Mcclain and seymour, guys that were mailing it in.

But not only do we need a dominant DE, we REALLY need, two O-linemen.I dont want to put the season on Nix and Parsons and Bergstrom.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    My only arguement to that is jones isnt a 350 lb man
    Forget weight for a moment. All Jarvis Jones has to do is lead one time with him helmet, and he could be paralyzed for life. I don't care if someone is 150, 250, or 350, the neck is something that can be hurt, regardless how muscled and/or big someone is.

vCash

The defense looked better towards the end of the year because they went against mediocre/anemic offenses. KC couldn't score on hardly anybody towards the end of the year, and SD hung 24 on us in week 17, after only scoring 7 vs the Panthers two weeks prior. Anemic offenses make any defense look better than they really are.

vCash
    Wow...lol..so offense is our main priority?
    Ok so the fact that #92 is good as gone,#93 is a over paid bum,bryant is a FA.
    Our best corner is our converted FS and he's 30 years old with no good or decent player at the other corner spot.
    His replacement at FS shouldn't even be on this team.
    Near last in sacks and vs the run.
    Yes we should go offense..lol
    IMO burris,wheeler,branch,Houston,huff are the only players worth mentioning on defense.

vCash
    IF Star and Moore are both gone, and IF no one is willing to trade up to our #3 spot, then who else is worthy of the #3 pick? Werner, Mingo, Milliner, Hankins, and Jenkins are all reaches at #3. Now, if Joeckel is still there, and no one wants to trade with us, then Luke Joeckel, come on down! I would also give a strong thought to Chance Warmack, the OG from Alabama, if we can't trade down. I know that OG's usually don't go top-five, but he's not your usual OG.......when someone is compared to John Hannah, the last OG to go top-five, from Alabama to the Patriots, in 1974, plus he's in the HoF....that's not a bad comparison, for a baaaaad man.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans4Prez View Post
    Theirs gotta be a way to trade DMC for Suh.
    Who's dupe are you lol

That's the weirdest post and not even plausible
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Either way I do think we will trade down. More players to fill the roster can't hurt.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    IF Star and Moore are both gone, and IF no one is willing to trade up to our #3 spot, then who else is worthy of the #3 pick? Werner, Mingo, Milliner, Hankins, and Jenkins are all reaches at #3. Now, if Joeckel is still there, and no one wants to trade with us, then Luke Joeckel, come on down! I would also give a strong thought to Chance Warmack, the OG from Alabama, if we can't trade down. I know that OG's usually don't go top-five, but he's not your usual OG.......when someone is compared to John Hannah, the last OG to go top-five, from Alabama to the Patriots, in 1974, plus he's in the HoF....that's not a bad comparison, for a baaaaad man.....
    If Star and Moore is gone and Luke joekel is there I think the the Rams could make a move or the Cards for Geno or Luke and I think the Cards are the most possible trading partner.
    We would give them our #3 for there 1st,2nd, and 4th round pick and at #7 I'd gladly take Dee Milliner I see jarvis jones or mingo right there at 7 to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    I think Fish misunderstood RMs end of year presser where he said he was more concerned about the Offense.
    That is why GK was let go and Not tarver, because the offense failed to perform at the level of expectation.

That isnt to say it was the players.I think he believes in our players and blamed the coach.On defense he doesnt really believe iun our players as much as he thinks Tarver can get a good effort out of guys like Omar Gaither as long as we get rid of Mcclain and seymour, guys that were mailing it in.

But not only do we need a dominant DE, we REALLY need, two O-linemen.I dont want to put the season on Nix and Parsons and Bergstrom.

Well, its not so much misunderstanding, more that I think they agree with what you just said, as I said it before as well. My guess is they understand they feel they can get a solid performance out of marginal players on defense as they did last year. Yes we played some weak teams, but looking at the overall stats we ended up middle of the pack. Take away that 3 game slide and our scoring defense might not be so bad. Take away Knapp and chances are the offense keeps the defense a bit fresher.

People misunderstand me, as I stated, its not a matter of which one is more of a priority, its a matter of which one first. Both sides are terrible, but the defense kept us in more games then the offense last year. We have a QB that needs a MONSTER OL to keep him clean, we have a RB that needs a MONSTER OL to get any production out of him (not that he's produced), and no WR's that can catch. I would not be surprised to see them build the offense first and bank on DA's coaching handling the defense with average players. Our whole team is a need....but you can't win if you don't score....

We need to run and score points...and that will cure a good amount of defense problems as much as addressing the defense in the offseason as a priority over the offense. I would love us taking an OT with the 3rd pick, or trading down and grabbing one lower.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    The defense looked better towards the end of the year because they went against mediocre/anemic offenses. KC couldn't score on hardly anybody towards the end of the year, and SD hung 24 on us in week 17, after only scoring 7 vs the Panthers two weeks prior. Anemic offenses make any defense look better than they really are.

Look at the overall performance, much improved with marginal players. Anemic offenses also make defenses look much worse then they are. Imagine the improvement with a solid running game and an offense that could put up a drive longer then 5 minutes.

Our offense was terrible last year, worse then the defense easily. I was surprised to hear him say that he and Mark agreed it was the priority, but it makes sense. Our defense had some damn good games in teh beginning of the year as well. Once we get rid of the rest of these Al scholarships, the defense will be fine. No doubt we need two corners, but we also need to score...

vCash
    well, its not so much misunderstanding, more that i think they agree with what you just said, as i said it before as well. My guess is they understand they feel they can get a solid performance out of marginal players on defense as they did last year. Yes we played some weak teams, but looking at the overall stats we ended up middle of the pack. Take away that 3 game slide and our scoring defense might not be so bad. Take away knapp and chances are the offense keeps the defense a bit fresher.

people misunderstand me, as i stated, its not a matter of which one is more of a priority, its a matter of which one first. Both sides are terrible, but the defense kept us in more games then the offense last year. We have a qb that needs a monster ol to keep him clean, we have a rb that needs a monster ol to get any production out of him (not that he's produced), and no wr's that can catch. I would not be surprised to see them build the offense first and bank on da's coaching handling the defense with average players. Our whole team is a need....but you can't win if you don't score....

We need to run and score points...and that will cure a good amount of defense problems as much as addressing the defense in the offseason as a priority over the offense. I would love us taking an ot with the 3rd pick, or trading down and grabbing one lower.

lmao!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast