Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We Trade..

vCash
    Well I always liked Marcus Trufant's game. Good man/man corner. I wouldn't mind grabbing Desmond if we could. Not too early though, we have other pressing needs.

We desperately need an elite pass rusher. Thats where I'm going at 3 or trade down.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

newjawn.com-medicinal music

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    Star's stock isn't in his pass-rushing. Ngata and Suh aren't pass-rushers. They are space eaters, gap eaters, and a pain in the arse when you have to block them all game.

Again, Jones is said to be better than Von Miller. That is saying a lot. Von Miller would be a 1st overall if teams knew how beastly the dude would turn out. Physicians already told Jones to hang them up, but he played through it all and he has been a beast. Don't bite into what everyone else tells you. Judge him by his play.
    Listen, my wife has spinal stenosis from two herniated discs, with one being between L3-L4, and the other between L4-L5. If she "piddles" around the house very much from cleaning, she limping around. Now, Jarvis Jones has this in his cervical(neck) region. Now, with one wrong hit from leading with his helmet, he could be paralyzed from the neck down for the remainder of his life. Forget football for a moment, and think about someone being less that 24 years old, not being able to bathe, feed, and dress themselves. There's no way I am risking a 1st rd pick on him, regardless of his talent.

Plus, if we stay 4-3, he's not an NFL 4-3 DE, and not a 4-3 OLB. We'd have a "double whammy"....drafting the wrong player for the wrong position(s).

vCash
    Star's stock isn't in his pass-rushing. Ngata and Suh aren't pass-rushers. They are space eaters, gap eaters, and a pain in the arse when you have to block them all game.

Again, Jones is said to be better than Von Miller. That is saying a lot. Von Miller would be a 1st overall if teams knew how beastly the dude would turn out. Physicians already told Jones to hang them up, but he played through it all and he has been a beast. Don't bite into what everyone else tells you. Judge him by his play.
    And those guys make their pass rushers better by eating blockers. That's what I like about Star, he not only improves his position but both DE's, LB's, ad CB's as well. That's why guys like him go top 5
    Last edited by fishedz; 01-29-2013 at 03:15 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    Listen, my wife has spinal stenosis from two herniated discs, with one being between L3-L4, and the other between L4-L5. If she "piddles" around the house very much from cleaning, she limping around. Now, Jarvis Jones has this in his cervical(neck) region. Now, with one wrong hit from leading with his helmet, he could be paralyzed from the neck down for the remainder of his life. Forget football for a moment, and think about someone being less that 24 years old, not being able to bathe, feed, and dress themselves. There's no way I am risking a 1st rd pick on him, regardless of his talent.

Plus, if we stay 4-3, he's not an NFL 4-3 DE, and not a 4-3 OLB. We'd have a "double whammy"....drafting the wrong player for the wrong position(s).
    spinal stenosis is the same condition that Marcus McNeill has.

McNeill was a probowl T his first two seasons ('06 and '07), but then his health started to diminish. He missed 5 games in 2010 and 7 games in 2011. He got injured in TC in 2012, missed the whole season, and decided to retire.

so the chargers got 4 good years and 2 OK years out of their mid-second round investment. Would that be a good enough return on the #3 overall pick?
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    My only arguement to that is jones isnt a 350 lb man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    And those guys make their pass rushers better by eating blockers. That's what I like about Star, he not only improves his position but both DE's, LB's, ad CB's as well. That's why guys like him go top 5
    I think your right about him. I think he could do the same thing as Ngata and Wilfork do for there respective teams. Stop the run by plugging lanes, make the pass rush better because he eats up 2 players by himself, & helps take the Guards away from chipping the LB's at the 2nd level.

If he's Ngata or Wilfork, you'd draft him top 3 easily.

Impact player, & no off the field issues I believe as well would come with Star. I believe he doesn't drink or smoke, etc. which will help keep him out of the clubs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbd24 View Post
    I think your right about him. I think he could do the same thing as Ngata and Wilfork do for there respective teams. Stop the run by plugging lanes, make the pass rush better because he eats up 2 players by himself, & helps take the Guards away from chipping the LB's at the 2nd level.

If he's Ngata or Wilfork, you'd draft him top 3 easily.

Impact player, & no off the field issues I believe as well would come with Star. I believe he doesn't drink or smoke, etc. which will help keep him out of the clubs.
    Star would be my pick. He also comes from a great school and he is already married with kids. This guy is a man among boys and I wouldn't pass on a high character guy unless we got great compensation for trading down.

RM proved last year that he is going for high character guys, who come from universities with religious and disciplined backgrounds.

On the other hand, I didn't know that Jarvis Jones' injury was as bad as a couple of you have explained.

vCash
    Star would be my pick. He also comes from a great school and he is already married with kids. This guy is a man among boys and I wouldn't pass on a high character guy unless we got great compensation for trading down.

RM proved last year that he is going for high character guys, who come from universities with religious and disciplined backgrounds.

On the other hand, I didn't know that Jarvis Jones' injury was as bad as a couple of you have explained.
    Yeah, Star seems to be extremely high character.

Jones injury had to be pretty bad if a prolific college team (USC) & its doctors wouldn't clear him to play football. So he got a 2nd and 3rd opinion, was told he could continue to play, but USC relented. So he transferred to Georgia and has played great the past 2 seasons with no complications.

So who knows exactly how bad the spinal stenosis is. If he's up playing with the big boys, and gets hit the right way, it could flare up on him. Tough to say if and how much of a risk this player is at this point. Obviously, when healthy, he can flat out play.

vCash
    IMO worse case scenario:

Star and Moore are gone at 3, and there's no trade partner willing to move up.

vCash
    It’s definitely going to be interesting to see what RM does, one thing is for sure he’s all about building and coaching guys up…….The guy has the ability to find players on the streets...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    IMO worse case scenario:

Star and Moore are gone at 3, and there's no trade partner willing to move up.
    You take Joeckel. A franchise LT. Then we can move Veldheer to RT. Will end up filling a need at RT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by weeman323 View Post
    You take Joeckel. A franchise LT. Then we can move Veldheer to RT. Will end up filling a need at RT.
    That's my other pick and exact want. Star or Joeckel

vCash
    What makes you guys so sure that jv can move to the right side and be fine. It's a different stance and different feel. I mean it seems stupid to draft at a position we really don't need. Why not get someone of defense still and get a true rt in a later round

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    with no 2nd round pick and no trade down they better be selecting the best defensive player available I don't care how over-drafted some people think he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raider77 View Post
    What makes you guys so sure that jv can move to the right side and be fine. It's a different stance and different feel. I mean it seems stupid to draft at a position we really don't need. Why not get someone of defense still and get a true rt in a later round
    JV can play any position on the line. I have faith in DA's ability to build the defense with marginal players. Having two bookends at OT for the next five years will do wonders for our offense.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast