Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We Trade..

vCash

We Trade..

I think the Raiders should very much draft star lotulelei but I have a feeling he will not be there.
    So the next best thing is to trade down and I looked at all possibilitys and came up with this.
    The Raiders trade there 3rd over all along with the 6th round pick(162) to the Rams for there 16th and 22nd first round picks along with there 2nd round pick(46th)
    The draft point chart says the trade equals almost evenly.
    Then since RM traded why not keep it going?? The next trade is the Raiders trade there 2nd round pick from the Rams to the Dolphins.so the Dolphins pick there WR/RB they want.
    The Raiders get the Dolphins 2 3rd round picks(77,82) and there 5th round pick(139)
    Again the chart says its an equal trade.
    Here's my early mock with those picks.does not include comp picks.
    16-Ezekiel Ansah DE/OLB BYU
    22-Johnathan Jenkins DT Georgia
    66-Logan Ryan CB Rutgers
    77-Kevin Reddick ILB UNC
    82-Bacarri Rambo S Georgia
    97-Quanterus Smith DE/OLB Western Kentucky
    139-Desmond Trufant CB Washington
    193-Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas
    203-Chris McDonald OG Michigan State
    If you ask me..with some of the pieces we have on defense and with this going talent our defense will look scary...humor me I'm at work...Lolll

vCash
    A lot of these types of Ideas are popping up lately.RM does like to pile up picks and I for one think the time to try and hit a homerun is not 2013. I would even consider trading out of the 1st round completely if we wound up with four 2nd round picks.there is talent in the second round ,and because people always gamble on the elite pass rushers ,or CB,or WR, it leaves the best available players at less glamorous positions available in many slots.
    we could easily get a top 5 player in all 4 (hypothetical) positions we drafted in the second, instead of One b@d@ss DE(playing on a paper thin team).

We need depth in the worst way in 2013, and getting that STar or Moore while it would be a huge upgrade at one position, doesnt do anything at the 21 other spots.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    Of course they would want to trade down, but understand the hardest part is finding someone who will move up to the 3rd spot.

If RM had his choice hands down, I believe he would move down to gain additional picks. Just not sure there is the "star" player available at #3 that others covet and will want to trade up to grab.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skyleralan View Post
    Of course they would want to trade down, but understand the hardest part is finding someone who will move up to the 3rd spot.

If RM had his choice hands down, I believe he would move down to gain additional picks. Just not sure there is the "star" player available at #3 that others covet and will want to trade up to grab.
    Im not certain it always has to be a RG3 type scenario.That is where you get the best value for a pick,but often there are teams that have gone through all there offseason scouting reports and interviews and find a guy they really like and having a chance to move up and Get Ezikel for instance, if you are a NY giants, or even a NE patriots that might want to move back to a 34,then you might entertain the idea of a trade and find out what can be done.

A pick and a player might be an option as well, and as long as oyr partner is in the top half of the draft, say AZ,or the Jets, we could still swing another trade down with The rams, or one of the playoff teams hoping to steal a top end pick out of a SB season.

there are a lot of different scenarios which could present themselves and some great talent outside the first round at many positions, Nico Johnson,Shayne Skov,Tyrann Mathieu,Kalheed holmes,Kyle long,datone Jones,...I would rather collect 5 or six second round picks(this year anyways) and wind up with all these guys who will fall out of the first round, then to get one elite player.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    Skyler is right...there isnt that prospect that teams will give up high picks for...if anything there will be multiple teams like us looking to trade out of the top 10

vCash
    Why not trade with the 49ers? They are loaded with talent and have 13 draft picks this year. There isnt any way all 13 would even sniff the field with the 9ers.Package a bunch of middle round picks and now possibly Alex Smith for our number 3 pick.

vCash
    I'm not reading that word jumble.
    PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW COACH OF YOUR OAKLAND RAIDERS.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skyleralan View Post

IMO, no scenario is too farfetched.

Teams have pieces in place and they are looking for an impact player right away to step in and make a difference. Last year, most of, if not all of the 49ers draft didn't play a down. They may be looking to jump up and take a guy who can make a difference at a position of weakness.

We've seen Redskins and Falcons jump up for their guys with massive compensation extended.
    (RGIII & Julio Jones)

I could see ATL jumping up for a much needed D-lineman. Can you guys see anyone else jumping up to make a play at a specific player?

At the same time, do we want to pass up the next RGIII & Jones? I believe Star and Jarvis Jones could be stars in the league.
    Last edited by blakersburris; 01-29-2013 at 11:48 AM.

vCash
    I'd take Russell Wilson over Griffin. Trade down, amass picks. We need more opportunities.

-Stork

vCash
    As far as qb is concerned you take the best one..just not this year..these two teams playing in the superbowl didnt draft guys to be the next andy dalton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I'd take Russell Wilson over Griffin. Trade down, amass picks. We need more opportunities.

-Stork
    Everyone wants to trade down, trade down, trade down, acquire more picks.... Anybody up for trading back in to the 1st round using future picks ? With Reggie hopefully taking care of this cap situation soon, how about trading future picks for more bodies this year ? So keep the 3rd overall, and trade back into the first using your picks in 2014 or 2015.

Mock Draft i.e. :

#3 - Star Lotulelei (DT-Utah)

#16- Ezekiel Ansah (DE-BYU)

Obviously hypothetical on what you'd have to give up to get back into the middle of the first round at #16...but if your in love with someone, & your scouts think he's the real deal, why not do it ?

We need all the bodies we can get. Especially defensively. Adding a DT & a DE in the first round like the two above would give you a good head start on fixing this defense (Need about 3 more players on defense in free agency to boot).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    IMO, no scenario is too farfetched.

Teams have pieces in place and they are looking for an impact player right away to step in and make a difference. Last year, most of, if not all of the 49ers draft didn't play a down. They may be looking to jump up and take a guy who can make a difference at a position of weakness.

We've seen Redskins and Falcons jump up for their guys with massive compensation extended.
    (RGIII & Julio Jones)

I could see ATL jumping up for a much needed D-lineman. Can you guys see anyone else jumping up to make a play at a specific player?

At the same time, do we want to pass up the next RGIII & Jones? I believe Star and Jarvis Jones could be stars in the league.
    Thats the point there is no rg3 or julio in this draft

The positions ppl value more than any other any other are qb cb wr and passrusher...theres no elite player there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xRaider4Lifex View Post
    I think the Raiders should very much draft star lotulelei but I have a feeling he will not be there.
    So the next best thing is to trade down and I looked at all possibilitys and came up with this.
    The Raiders trade there 3rd over all along with the 6th round pick(162) to the Rams for there 16th and 22nd first round picks along with there 2nd round pick(46th)
    The draft point chart says the trade equals almost evenly.
    Then since RM traded why not keep it going?? The next trade is the Raiders trade there 2nd round pick from the Rams to the Dolphins.so the Dolphins pick there WR/RB they want.
    The Raiders get the Dolphins 2 3rd round picks(77,82) and there 5th round pick(139)
    Again the chart says its an equal trade.
    Here's my early mock with those picks.does not include comp picks.
    16-Ezekiel Ansah DE/OLB BYU
    22-Johnathan Jenkins DT Georgia
    66-Logan Ryan CB Rutgers
    77-Kevin Reddick ILB UNC
    82-Bacarri Rambo S Georgia
    97-Quanterus Smith DE/OLB Western Kentucky
    139-Desmond Trufant CB Washington
    193-Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas
    203-Chris McDonald OG Michigan State
    If you ask me..with some of the pieces we have on defense and with this going talent our defense will look scary...humor me I'm at work...Lolll
    I think we have a strong possibility of trading down if Star Lotulelei is not available (jax might snag him) as you mentioned, however in a lack luster draft, I don't see us being able to snag that high of value of picks (even though its even) because that market is varied based upon who is available that people want at that pick. IF Luke Joekel goes first and Star 2nd, we are sitting pretty at a spot to trade out if Geno Smith becomes that guy people want to trade for. I see us likely dropping down from pick 3 to pick 7 with Arizona so that they don't have to draft Barkley. With that drop off we should be able to snag their second round pick, giving us a shot at a guy like Kyle Long who's stock is rising fast. But most importantly, one of the guys we would draft at 3, will likely be there at 7. Damontre Moore, Jarvis Jones, Bjorne Werner. So by trading down (after missing star) we can snag the guy we wouldve taken at 3, and picked up a 2nd round pick with out too much hoopin n hollerin.

vCash
    Theirs gotta be a way to trade DMC for Suh.

vCash
    it's probably easier to trade down now than it has been in the past because rookie contracts are capped now
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast