Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nukemap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by conway429 View Post
    this isn't really accurate...

Pearl Harbor happened 4 years before the bombings.
    Also, according to some, the Japanese wanted to surrender long before the bombs were dropped.
    but the US bombed them anyways, probably to humiliate a country as payback for Pearl Harbor.
    Japan was beaten, and Pearl Harbor was long in the past. the bombings were very unnecessary.

p.s. don't get started on 9/11 as an "unprovoked terrorist attack"
    My WW2 history is extremely rusty, so I guess I was wrong. I'm more of a science and math person over history so I only took one history class in college and dropped it before 2 weeks. Turns out it was a WW2 class too, specifically pacific WW2.

And I was wrong it was the Hiroshima bomb "Little Boy" that would barely blow up my neighborhood(which it would blow up all of my neighborhood and half of the one next to it and lil of the suburb that my house is by. I was posting from my phone after initial 2 posts so i hadn't mapped it again.

Sorry for making a tasteless joke you guys, it was obviously too soon.
    Last edited by Ezekial; 01-29-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Bdawk4prez owns me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by conway429 View Post
    this isn't really accurate...

Pearl Harbor happened 4 years before the bombings.
    Also, according to some, the Japanese wanted to surrender long before the bombs were dropped.
    but the US bombed them anyways
    , probably to humiliate a country as payback for Pearl Harbor.
    Japan was beaten, and Pearl Harbor was long in the past. the bombings were very unnecessary.

p.s. don't get started on 9/11 as an "unprovoked terrorist attack"
    According to who? Read up on the Potsdam Declaration. They only wanted to surrender afterwards. The bombings may have been unnecessary, but Hirohito wasn't alone in wanting to fight until the death. He had encouraged his own citizens to commit suicide rather than surrender only a year before.
    Last edited by IBleedPurple; 01-29-2013 at 07:51 PM.

vCash
    The atomic bombs saved millions of lives, mostly Japanese, by preventing an invasion. To state otherwise is revisionist history
    White Sox, Bears, Blackhawks, Spartans
    Go Green! Go White!

If Pro is the opposite of Con, what is the opposite of Progress?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    If you lookat the nagasaki bomb the radius would lbarely take out my neighborhood.

And i know since you quoted me you saw that I said I was kidding.

9/11 unprovoked terrorist attack.
    Atom bombs we're dropped due to Pearl Harbor... Which was pretty much a terrorist attack

Not similar you putz
    you never said you were kidding in your posts

you putz

and comparison between 9/11 attacks vs. Nuclear bombing was a comparison was to show the extent of the "over reaction" of the sensitive Japanese as you worded it. If you couldn't see that, then you are a double putz

and the terrorists declared "war" on the USA long before the 9/11 incidents so you cannot really say it was a unprovoked when for years this group has been making videos of threats over and over again

stick to your math but i think you would have a problem with that as well because clearly you do not understand population density and just because the bomb radius is not wide, it doesn't mean the concentration of people was not high you putz.

funny thing is i dont know what a putz is but i guess you would be the definition since you

1. claim you joked, but in your original post it did not say that
    2. cannot see the significance of my comparison
    3. made a tasteless remark and trying to weasel your way out of it
    4. bad at history, claim to be more math and science, but clearly do not understand the concept of population density

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple View Post
    According to who? Read up on the Potsdam Declaration. They only wanted to surrender afterwards. The bombings may have been unnecessary, but Hirohito wasn't alone in wanting to fight until the death. He had encouraged his own citizens to commit suicide rather than surrender only a year before.
    LOL a lot can change in a year. you do not think you wouldn't change your mind in a year's worth of time?

don't put a lot of basis into that weak argument? because of something that was said a year before? your making it sound like he said it a month before, but we're talking about a year. A YEAR

vCash
    **** this map proves to me that the Japs were way too over sensitive about getting nuked. JK LOL
    ^^^^^HIGHLIGHT THIS POST

You quoted it so you saw the LOL JK but you didn't look at it. Not my fault.

Anyway I really don't care what you have to say. Get all butthurt about something I put 0 thought, care, or anything into.
    Last edited by Ezekial; 01-29-2013 at 11:26 PM. Reason: repeated myself

Bdawk4prez owns me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    LOL a lot can change in a year. you do not think you wouldn't change your mind in a year's worth of time?

don't put a lot of basis into that weak argument? because of something that was said a year before? your making it sound like he said it a month before, but we're talking about a year. A YEAR
    how about in between the two bombs when the Imperial Cabinet was advocating continuing the fight? Or that even after the second bomb elements of the Imperial Japanese Army high command still wanted to continue fighting?

As terrible as it was, the atomic bomb was the least costly way to end the war with Japan
    White Sox, Bears, Blackhawks, Spartans
    Go Green! Go White!

If Pro is the opposite of Con, what is the opposite of Progress?

vCash
    That Tsar Bomb would take out my whole little rock i'm living on

They benched him [/CENTER]

vCash
    I had always wondered if I would be safe if a nuc went off in LA. Now I know I'll be fine as long as it's not one of the USSR's nucs.

vCash
    **** this map proves to me that the Japs were way too over sensitive about getting nuked. JK LOL
    Hiroshima's blast was that small?
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    Hiroshima's blast was that small?
    That's what I was saying but I wasn't srs.

Bdawk4prez owns me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitown Sparty View Post
    how about in between the two bombs when the Imperial Cabinet was advocating continuing the fight? Or that even after the second bomb elements of the Imperial Japanese Army high command still wanted to continue fighting?

As terrible as it was, the atomic bomb was the least costly way to end the war with Japan
    I'm not really gonna get into it, but 99% of Americans knowledge of history is taught in American schools and "history is written by the victors"
    I'm not sure I've ever heard an American acknowledge an American military mistake at any point in history.

You can't really make a definitive statement like that one because this issue has been heavily debated for a long time. the Japanese were done, the war was over. I find it hard to believe there was a need to kill hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians and poison the survivors with radiation.
    Hiroshima was mostly civilians but Nagasaki especially had zero military significance, it was families. Unnecessary to use a plutonium bomb....

the bombings (IMO) were about ego, humiliation and petty revenge

vCash
    Holy **** the RussianTsar Bomb if dropped just west of naperville would take out Chicago, the Suburbs, From Lasalle, IL to Gary, IN From Bourbonnais to the WI border.

That would **** Illinois population up. Just Springfield + Peoria + Bloomington-Normal + farmers= Illinois.
    sounds good to me! none of us like you chicago cats anyway lol

vCash
    ^^^^^HIGHLIGHT THIS POST

You quoted it so you saw the LOL JK but you didn't look at it. Not my fault.

Anyway I really don't care what you have to say. Get all butthurt about something I put 0 thought, care, or anything into.
    wow you quoted yourself, and still there is no "LOL JK" in that post you quoted. you are delusional

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    wow you quoted yourself, and still there is no "LOL JK" in that post you quoted. you are delusional
    Maybe you're too dumb to know what highlight means.
    It's there, in white.

Bdawk4prez owns me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast