Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Future

vCash

The Future

Knight is not a SG. Period

He is 6'3" and not good at off-the-ball. Lets just face it, he is stuck between the 1 n 2, just like Stuckey or Will Bynum (2 guard in pg body)

I think we need at least a prolific scorer, Mclemore will be perfect but i doubt he will be in our range.
    Michael Carter-Williams who is 6'6" can compliment Knight well. We need his size in our backcourt and he is apparently a very good passer and leader, which Knight isnt

Otto Porter is another swingman i really like. Well rounded, high character and has high ceiling, reminds me of a young Tayshaun Prince.

And if Drummond n Monroe are starting, we need a backup coming off the bench. Maxiell at 6'5" is too small to defend legit Cs who are 6 to 8 inches bigger. And Kravtsov is a big question mark even he has the size.

This is the realistic roster we'll see next season (not those Josh Smith, Chris Paul type)

pg) Knight, Stuckey, FA pg (J.Jack?)
    sg) 1st round pick, Kim English
    sf) Singler, Prince
    pf) Monroe, Jerebko
    c) Drummond, FA Big (Mozgov?), Kravtsov

For our 1st round pick, there are few players i m interested in: Muhammad, McLemore, Michael Carter-Williams, Otto Porter, Archie Goodwin, Alex Len, Trey Burke

DO NOT WANT: Anthony Bennett, Alex Poythress , C.J. McCollum, Tony Mitchell, James McAdoo

vCash
    Agreed with everything on your list of "interested in" but I don't care about Len or Porter.

EDIT: Totally fine with Porter. Had a brainfart, thought you wanted Poythress.
    Last edited by Phenomenonsense; 01-29-2013 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenonsense View Post
    Agreed with everything on your list of "interested in" but I don't care about Len or Porter.

EDIT: Totally fine with Porter. Had a brainfart, thought you wanted Poythress.
    I've said this in the Draft thread:

No Alex Poythress

he lacks a position and an understanding of how to impact games consistently. Poythress is not a natural perimeter player nor a natural back-to-the-basket post.

And we have many players without a defined position in NBA already. Knight (a pg or a SG? too small as a SG? ), Monroe (PF or C?) Stuckey (PG or SG?) Jerebko (PF or SF?) Daye(SF or PF?).............

vCash
    We definitely need to trade Stuckey/Jerebko this year. Thats 13+ million over the next 2 years just sitting on the bench. I think Stuckey is headed to the dog house.

Even if we get expiring/2nd rd picks its more ammo for the future.

vCash
    Not related, but we've got enough young guys.

Knight/Monroe/Drummond/Singler/Middleton/(other rookie SG-who I can't name right now)- the last thing we need is another rookie who "he fits in great right "here." We need some young vet help. Given where we'd be derafting, it would be in the 8-14 range, and unless you're getting a gem (i.e., Drummond who has exceeded everyone's expectation) we'd be treading water.

ON a side note: Anyone want to venture want happened with Stuck? My guess is, though this would be before it was official, is that during the shootaround Stuck made a comment about how he'd fit much better joining the Celts and replacing Rondo. Or something to the effect that he was told someone offered something for him and he let it out.

I think someone overheard something they shouldn't have. Just a hunch.

vCash
    I'd love the porter pick. Also, Carter-Williams and Smart could be an option as well. Of course this all depends on our draft number. I do not think Prince will get bumped for Singler, atleast not yet. Id love to pick up another big in the 2nd round. I just hope it is the BPA. If joe is hoarding all this money away for free agency is he going for one player specifically or an array of players?

vCash
    do u guys think poythress could have drummond-syndrome? by that i mean that hes not the best college player but comes out in the pros hard? he gives me that vibe.

i havent watched much college ball this year, but i just wish he could handle the ball.
    Last edited by Spiggity_ace; 01-29-2013 at 12:16 PM.

vCash
    I'm coming around to Carter-Williams because of his size and how it would help Knight if they were in the backcourt together. Still high on Burke, Smart, McLemore, Muhammed, Goodwin, Porter, etc..

One of these guys will have to fall to us. ray:

vCash
    I was reading the recent ESPN Magazine they had an article about this Freshman Guard at Oklahoma St.... I forgot his name, but he was considered a top recruit coming out, he has been struggling but some still see him as a lottery pick I believe. Does anyone know this guy or saw him play? They said he contributed to about 35% of OSU's points.

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post
    Not related, but we've got enough young guys.

Knight/Monroe/Drummond/Singler/Middleton/(other rookie SG-who I can't name right now)- the last thing we need is another rookie who "he fits in great right "here." We need some young vet help. Given where we'd be derafting, it would be in the 8-14 range, and unless you're getting a gem (i.e., Drummond who has exceeded everyone's expectation) we'd be treading water.

ON a side note: Anyone want to venture want happened with Stuck? My guess is, though this would be before it was official, is that during the shootaround Stuck made a comment about how he'd fit much better joining the Celts and replacing Rondo. Or something to the effect that he was told someone offered something for him and he let it out.

I think someone overheard something they shouldn't have. Just a hunch.
    By all means then prove it Stuckey lol

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    I was reading the recent ESPN Magazine they had an article about this Freshman Guard at Oklahoma St.... I forgot his name, but he was considered a top recruit coming out, he has been struggling but some still see him as a lottery pick I believe. Does anyone know this guy or saw him play? They said he contributed to about 35% of OSU's points.
    It must be Marcus Smart. I think of him more as a defensive guy that can score if needed. He's 6'4" I believe but with a big strong frame, probably around 220 lbs

vCash
    Do you guys think Frank is our coach for the future? I say after this season he has 1 year to make a run.

Id like to see Stan van Gundy here. Seems like hed know how to run an offense with Drummond/Monroe. Patrick Ewing would be a sweet assistant here as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    It must be Marcus Smart. I think of him more as a defensive guy that can score if needed. He's 6'4" I believe but with a big strong frame, probably around 220 lbs
    Yeah its him(looked back at the Magazine)...He seems like he fits into the category of Carter-Williams & Burke. Would you consider his offensive game similar to Carter-Williams(still kinda raw), because its clear that Burke is far and beyond more polished on offensive vs them.

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Do you guys think Frank is our coach for the future? I say after this season he has 1 year to make a run.

Id like to see Stan van Gundy here. Seems like hed know how to run an offense with Drummond/Monroe. Patrick Ewing would be a sweet assistant here as well.
    I like Frank as a coach but my only problem with him his lineups.Most the time his lineups he has late in a game when we need a three,a block or even a rebound never make any sense.All in all though he has the team on the rise and is pretty much improving the team in every stat.That Magic was really successful the year they went to the finals because they surrounded three point shooters around Howard.I loved watching that team With Rashard Lewis and Hedo draining threes.
    Last edited by RipCity32; 01-29-2013 at 07:31 PM.

vCash
    Same here. That Magic team was so fun to watch. Lewis was one of my favorite players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast