Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many games will the Lakers win on their 7 game Road Trip?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7-0

10 20.83%
  • 6-1

11 22.92%
  • 5-2

18 37.50%
  • 4-3

4 8.33%
  • 3-4 or less?

5 10.42%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Grammy Road Trip will determine this season. ( 5-15 Road Record )

This Lakers team has had some Teaser games where they looked great and some flat out horrible performances. I am still holding my reservations about this team until this road trip is over. The last two wins have been great but I would like to see some consistency. Not sold on this Lakers team yet.

This road trip will define this team and if they can play like they have the last two games for the duration of this trip we have some hope left this season. Wishful thinking would say 6-1 on the road trip and 5-2 being a succesful trip. 4-3 is not getting it done and anything below that is a failure for this team. Can Kobe continue his type of play recently and play the CP3 role? I sure hope so because I think that is the formula for this team to go on a run and make the playoffs. Maybe the 6 or 7 seed is not out of the question if these guys can go on a nice run. Their current Road Record at 5-15 is horrible and they need to start winning on the road.

I was on board for the last 2 years in trading Pau Gasol for some quality players. The Lakers should probably hold on to him unless they get a trade that they cannot decline. The more I look at this team right now Pau is the only Big that can spread the floor and hit timely shots. He still needs to be more consistent to convince me but since Jordan Hill went down they may have no choice but to keep him. I mean don't get me wrong I would take Calderon or Lowry and Amir Johnson if that was an option. Let's see how he plays on this Road trip and see if he responds. Not sure what to think about his comments on coming off of the bench next season. He is saying this is temporary and has no desire to come off of the bench next season.

Thoughts and predictions for the Road trip?

1/29 Home vs. Pelicans..Win

1/30 vs. Suns --Win
    2/1 vs. Wolves -- Win
    2/3 vs. Detroit -- Win
    2/5 vs. Nets -- Poss. Loss/Win
    2/7 vs. Boston -- They should win this Without Rondo in the lineup
    2/10 vs. Miami -- Poss Loss

My prediction is 50/50 on 6-1 or 5-2 ..
    [/IMG]

vCash
    I bet we lay an egg either tomorrow or against the Suns

vCash
    5-2
    Trying really hard to stay optimistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    I bet we lay an egg either tomorrow or against the Suns
    They better not. I think they need to set the tone early on to keep the momentum going. A lot of disappointment already....Make no mistake though, OKC was trying hard to win the last game.
    [/IMG]

vCash
    Tonights games gonna tell me if we are really coming together and if i should have hope. Lets see if we show up against a bad team and take them ligtly or if we mean buisnes now and play every game like we have the last 2. HUGE game tomorrow for us fans to see if we are for real.

vCash
    New Orleans is playing well. They beat the Grizz in Memphis this weekend. Gordon and Davis are back, and Anderson has been great off the bench.

6-4 in their last 10, which is better than us.

vCash
    Win tomorrow. Plus all seven on the road. 10 game winning steak. 27-25, afterwards. Then we still make a small trade somewhere.

vCash
    New Orleans has been playing pretty good ball and anything can happen on any given night. Nash said it best when he said every game from here on out is a playoff game. With that said I think the Lakers take care of those pesky pelicans.

The Suns have also picked up their game ever since they let Alvin Gentry go. Not going to be easy for this team and every win they get they will need to earn.
    [/IMG]

vCash
    5-2 or clean house!

vCash
    If we don't go 5-2, we have to make some deals.

vCash
    Honestly.... After watching every game closely and one of the more dedicated Laker fans...

I'm going to say Steam Rolling Time.

Time to get serious

Watch this team just get better and better.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeshow12 View Post
    Win tomorrow. Plus all seven on the road. 10 game winning steak. 27-25, afterwards. Then we still make a small trade somewhere.
    Cant get any better than that.

vCash
    I hope for 6-1 but expect 5-2 from this team. Nothing less if they want to make the playoffs. Lost the last 7 in a row on the road.
    [/IMG]

vCash
    I would sign on a 5-2 record!

This road trip can make or break this team, I think they want it now, just hope the determination and luck will be on our side.

vCash
    5-2 only because the games early on on the trip should be wins. Suns, Wolves, Pistons SHOULD be W's, anything less is a disappointment for a team that is looking to turn it around.

Nets/Celtics/and Heat will be a bit tougher. They have already beaten the Nets this season so hopefully they get past them again. The Celtics are without Rondo. And the Heat will be another test to determine if this team is where it should be at.

Honestly, they should go 6-1. Will they? Nope.

Free As Seagull.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast