Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 190
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,123
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Whose gifts did not translate to the pro game!
    I think what's needed here is something more specific.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,045
    vCash
    1500
    Brian Billick said on ESPN Radio that in his nine years as head coach of the Ravens, the highest grade Baltimore ever had on any player heading into the draft was in 2007, and the player wasn’t that year’s No. 2 overall pick, Calvin Johnson. It was that year’s No. 1 overall pick, JaMarcus Russell.

    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Brian Billick>You
    Pre-draft means nothing.

    Post draft is evidence.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    86,371
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Pre-draft means nothing.

    Post draft is evidence.
    I'm going to assassinate the #1 pick this year so according to subroc he's a bust.

    PRE DRAFT DOESN'T MATTER. HE DIDN'T MAKE IT IN THE NFL.

    He didn't have the skills to be impervious to bullets!




    Predraft didn't fail on the physical. They failed on the mental. Everyone and their ****ing dog knows this.


    Again, you have this contrarian ideal that you won't let go. That's fine. Have at it. But you're wrong.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,045
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by torrance View Post
    I think what's needed here is something more specific.
    How about accuracy?
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    86,371
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    How about accuracy?
    More accurate than Luck as a rookie

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,045
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    More accurate than Luck as a rookie
    Spare me...4 games? 66 total attempts?
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    6,271
    vCash
    1500
    You know what's crazy? JaRussel is just as young as Weeden.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    5,790
    vCash
    1500
    Just when you thought the jets FO couldn't get any dumber.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,826
    vCash
    1600
    Everyone would laugh about it, but if Russell was TRULY motivated to return (now that he has no money) I wouldn't mind the Jets bringing him in at all to try him out and put him as a 3rd string and see what he could do in training camp and in preseason, assuming he is in the physical. However this report his old news from about 2 years ago when the Jets had discussion about Russell

    Why is there even a debate on Russell's talent? Place Russell in any of the drafts in the last 5 years, and he'd probably go #1 in every single on of them minus last years. Probably was a better QB prospect coming out of the draft than Newton, Ryan, and Griffin. He was just a cocky, lazy, douchebag.

    "I can't remember being in such awe of a quarterback in my decade of attending combines and pro days. Russell's passing session was the most impressive of all the pro days I've been to. His footwork for such a big quarterback was surprising. He was nimble in his dropbacks, rolling out and throwing on the run. The ball just explodes out of his hands."
    -- ESPN's Todd McShay
    Last edited by Jets012; 01-31-2013 at 08:32 PM.
    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/twobox/img/jets_impact/photo/11869870-large.jpg target=_blank>http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/...9870-large.jpg</a></div>

    #YearOfTheHill

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    86,371
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets012 View Post
    Everyone would laugh about it, but if Russell was TRULY motivated to return (now that he has no money) I wouldn't mind the Jets bringing him in at all to try him out and put him as a 3rd string and see what he could do in training camp and in preseason, assuming he is in the physical. However this report his old news from about 2 years ago when the Jets had discussion about Russell

    Why is there even a debate on Russell's talent? Place Russell in any of the drafts in the last 5 years, and he'd probably go #1 in every single on of them minus last years. Probably was a better QB prospect coming out of the draft than Newton, Ryan, and Griffin. He was just a cocky, lazy, douchebag.

    "I can't remember being in such awe of a quarterback in my decade of attending combines and pro days. Russell's passing session was the most impressive of all the pro days I've been to. His footwork for such a big quarterback was surprising. He was nimble in his dropbacks, rolling out and throwing on the run. The ball just explodes out of his hands."
    -- ESPN's Todd McShay
    No!!!!! HE FLUNKED OUT OF THE NFL SO HIS TALENT NEVER EXISTED EVERYTHING PRE DRAFT WAS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    1,129
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ne3xchamps View Post
    Just when you thought the jets FO couldn't get any dumber.
    yeah.. because this article was proved to be wrong

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    1,583
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    No one will be laughing when Alex Smith takes the Jets to the SB.
    hahahahahahahahha
    Your perception of the obvious is OUTSTANDING!!!


  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The O.C.
    Posts
    7,295
    vCash
    1500
    He's the perfect fit. Russell and Rex can go over plays at the buffet.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Spare me. You have pre-draft speculation based on projection. I have post draft actual NFL player evidence.
    your post draft evidence does say if he fialed because eh didnt have the talent or if it was because he wasn't motivated and overweight

    serisously man, how can you be this dense? the fact that he was never in shape and motivated in the NFL throughs any thing psot draft out the window
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Yes, it is. He did not have whatever it takes to be a successful NFL player. One of those things is talent. He fell short and did not become an NFL level QB. His talent failed him.
    right, and that thing could eaisly be motivation or mental. so if he came back motivated and that was the probelm, he could suceed
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •