Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 190
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Well, college talent and NFL talent are two different things. When give the opportunity to prove he could be an NFL QB, he failed to measure up. The stats back that up. So, I am taking the position he will never be an NFL level QB, talent wise.

    But, all that said, if your position is the team sucked and it wasn't Russell's fault, I disagree. If your position is they are both at fault, then I can agree with that.

    His problems are way more than just drive and work ethic. I believe his problem is the thing that stops many QBs from making it, an inability to play at the speed of the NFL game.
    the stats do not bakc up russell not having NFL talent, he did. he just wasn't motivated and wouldnt work hard, which is what cause dhis terrible play. there no doubt he had the taltnet if he wanted it. the guy literally ate his way out of the NFL
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,039
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    the stats do not bakc up russell not having NFL talent, he did. he just wasn't motivated and wouldnt work hard, which is what cause dhis terrible play. there no doubt he had the taltnet if he wanted it. the guy literally ate his way out of the NFL
    There is nothing in that stat line to indicate an NFL level QB. If you want to blame effort, motivation, work ethic, the common cold or the moon and mars flue, it is OK with me. I will blame a lack of NFL level talent. Does he have talent? Sure, he has combine talent. He has college talent. He can throw the ball a mile while sitting down after all. But, until he PROVES he has NFL talent, I ain't buyin' it!

    Code:
    <PRE>                                                                                                                                      
    Year     Age  Tm Pos No.  G GS  QBrec Cmp Att Cmp%  Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A  Y/C   Y/G Rate Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A  Sk% 4QC GWD AV
    2007      22 OAK  qb   2  4  1  0-1-0  36  66 54.5  373  2 3.0   4  6.1  32 5.7  3.5 10.4  93.3 55.9  6  40 4.63  2.68  8.3          1
    2008      23 OAK  QB   2 15 15 5-10-0 198 368 53.8 2423 13 3.5   8  2.2  84 6.6  6.3 12.2 161.5 77.1 31 210 5.55  5.30  7.8   1   2  7
    2009      24 OAK  QB   2 12  9  2-7-0 120 246 48.8 1287  3 1.2  11  4.5  86 5.2  3.5 10.7 107.3 50.0 33 207 3.87  2.31 11.8   2   2 -1
    Career                   31 25 7-18-0 354 680 52.1 4083 18 2.6  23  3.4  86 6.0  5.0 11.5 131.7 65.2 70 457 4.83  3.93  9.3   3   4  7
    </PRE>

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    There is nothing in that stat line to indicate an NFL level QB. If you want to blame effort, motivation, work ethic, the common cold or the moon and mars flue, it is OK with me. I will blame a lack of NFL level talent. Does he have talent? Sure, he has combine talent. He has college talent. He can throw the ball a mile while sitting down after all. But, until he PROVES he has NFL talent, I ain't buyin' it!
    the guy was the talk of the dratf, then showed up 40 pounds pverweight. your insane if you dont think his work ethic had anything to do with it
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  4. #109
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    5,362
    vCash
    1500
    Clearly you all missed my point. I wasn't celebrating that Sanchez is a good QB because his playoff wins. He sucks. I was merely poking fun at a Falcons fan who is trying to make fun of the Jets, when his team has zero reason to be boastful. I was pointing out that the Falcons "star QB" has less wins than Mark friggin Sanchez. And the Falcons franchise has nothing to show for.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,039
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    the guy was the talk of the dratf,...
    There you go, using pre-draft projections as a method to determine if a college player can actually play in the NFL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    ...then showed up 40 pounds pverweight. your insane if you dont think his work ethic had anything to do with it
    I have no problem being insane. That said, the 40 pounds, the work ethic, the common colds is all immaterial. When given the opportunity to prove he could play at the NFL level he couldn't. You can give him all the excuses you want. You can even make some up if you want or need to, to make your point, but the facts are the facts. He has a 7-18 win-loss record, completes 52% of his passes, throws more INTs than TDs, averages a whopping 131 yards per game passing, has a career passer rating of 65! The guy is awful.

    The Jets will not bring this guy in!

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    Clearly you all missed my point. I wasn't celebrating that Sanchez is a good QB because his playoff wins. He sucks. I was merely poking fun at a Falcons fan who is trying to make fun of the Jets, when his team has zero reason to be boastful. I was pointing out that the Falcons "star QB" has less wins than Mark friggin Sanchez. And the Falcons franchise has nothing to show for.
    all that does is show how worthless playoff wins as a stat is
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  7. #112
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    There you go, using pre-draft projections as a method to determine if a college player can actually play in the NFL.



    I have no problem being insane. That said, the 40 pounds, the work ethic, the common colds is all immaterial. When given the opportunity to prove he could play at the NFL level he couldn't. You can give him all the excuses you want. You can even make some up if you want or need to, to make your point, but the facts are the facts. He has a 7-18 win-loss record, completes 52% of his passes, throws more INTs than TDs, averages a whopping 131 yards per game passing, has a career passer rating of 65! The guy is awful.

    The Jets will not bring this guy in!
    well we have to gop on pre draft stuff becuase the pre draft russell never materialized afte rth draft becuas ehe got his money and got lazy. im not giving him excuses. the guys sucks. his sucking is more of his own doing than lack of talent is all. a motivated russell is eaisly better than anyone currently on the jets qb roster
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,039
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    ...a motivated russell is eaisly better than anyone currently on the jets qb roster
    You say this without really knowing it. You have absolutely no idea what a motivated Russell could accomplish. You have no idea if we already saw a motivated Russell in the 2008 season and he realized he couldn't play at the NFL level and fell apart for the 2009 season! It is all just pie-in-the-sky speculation.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    And after all those things you've stated, Mark Sanchez has more playoff wins that Matt Ryan. Keep trying son.




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,470
    vCash
    1500
    It's funny how people knock Russell because of his weight. Ever heard of Jared Lorenzen "the hefty lefty"




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    Clearly you all missed my point. I wasn't celebrating that Sanchez is a good QB because his playoff wins. He sucks. I was merely poking fun at a Falcons fan who is trying to make fun of the Jets, when his team has zero reason to be boastful. I was pointing out that the Falcons "star QB" has less wins than Mark friggin Sanchez. And the Falcons franchise has nothing to show for.
    who cares?

    Falcon are Super Bowl contender while the Jets are bottom feeders. Ryan is a top 10 QB, Sanchez is not even a top 32 QB. Winning playoff games is a team effort. The jets won those playoff games not Sanchez and in most of them he sucked and the defense/running game carried them.




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    455
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    Clearly you all missed my point. I wasn't celebrating that Sanchez is a good QB because his playoff wins. He sucks. I was merely poking fun at a Falcons fan who is trying to make fun of the Jets, when his team has zero reason to be boastful. I was pointing out that the Falcons "star QB" has less wins than Mark friggin Sanchez. And the Falcons franchise has nothing to show for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    who cares?

    Falcon are Super Bowl contender while the Jets are bottom feeders. Ryan is a top 10 QB, Sanchez is not even a top 32 QB. Winning playoff games is a team effort. The jets won those playoff games not Sanchez and in most of them he sucked and the defense/running game carried them.
    This.

    Heck, even your best player sports falcons gear.



    (I'm merely having harmless fun with you )

    L.A. Angels/ Atlanta Falcons/ Anaheim Ducks/ L.A. Clippers

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,039
    vCash
    1500
    to be fair to Matt Ryan in the debate between Sanchez/Ryan, and Jets/Falcons, Matt Ryan is a two time division championship winning QB. Mark Sanchez has never won any championship at the NFL level. Ryan has done it twice. That is no small potatoes!

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,085
    vCash
    7100
    You're crazy if you don't think Russell had the physical talent to play in the NFL. He absolutely did. The mental aspect just was never there, not to mention his garbage work ethic. It's not impossible, in fact, it's common for a player to have the physical talent to be a good player, but not work out for one reason or another.





  15. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,039
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    You're crazy if you don't think Russell had the physical talent to play in the NFL. He absolutely did. The mental aspect just was never there, not to mention his garbage work ethic. It's not impossible, in fact, it's common for a player to have the physical talent to be a good player, but not work out for one reason or another.
    I have no problem being crazy.

    How do you know he had the "physical talent" to play in the NFL? He clearly was a physical specimen, but nothing indicates he could make the transition from college star/pro-day star/combine star to the NFL. You have zero basis for your position.
    The mental aspect just was never there, not to mention his garbage work ethic.
    If this is what you assert held him back, then we will never really know if he had the physical talent, what we know is he didn't take advantage of it.
    It's not impossible, in fact, it's common for a player to have the physical talent to be a good player, but not work out for one reason or another
    True enough, but when a player doesn't work out it is difficult to say with certainty why.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •