Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

JaMarcus Russell...I don't even...

The Newark Star-Ledger reports the Jets have had "some very exploratory, informal discussions" regarding ex-Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell.

Russell, of course, was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft and has been out of the league since 2009. However, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported last week that Russell is planning to show his face at the NFL Scouting Combine next month in hopes of making a comeback. Russell is currently tipping the scales at 305 pounds, but hopes to get down to his past playing weight of around 260. The Star-Ledger says these talks happened after Mike Tannenbaum was fired, but it's unclear if John Idzik was in the fold, yet. Only the Jets.

vCash

vCash
    So much talent. Such a lazy **** though.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Another one... All the tools just hasn't gotten his **** together. The weight scares me. But to bring in and see what he has? Sure.

vCash
    Bad acid trip anyone.

vCash
    LOL

Too funny...

vCash

At this point it doesn't hurt to kick the tires!!! Jets are just exploring all options.

"It Is.....What It Is!!!"

vCash
    I hate the Russell that I've seen, but maybe the dude has something to contribute. IDK. If he's broke there is a chance he may get himself into shape and possibly make a roster in the NFL.

I wish we could put Sanchez, Russell and Pennington into one player. Russell's raw ability with Penny's brains and Sanchez' work ethic. That would be a monster QB.

vCash
    I'm really beginning to think that the media is doing this on purpose because it makes their jobs easy to kick us while we are down. Everything is believable because of the few boneheaded moves we actually have made so now it's easy to pour it on. And after our brief success, the general public loves seeing us look like idiots because of Rex's formerly big mouth. You could just about write anything and the rest of America will believe it and jump on it.

We really need to start winning again (but do it gracefully this time), then everyone shuts up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJetsfan69 View Post
    I'm really beginning to think that the media is doing this on purpose because it makes their jobs easy to kick us while we are down. Everything is believable because of the few boneheaded moves we actually have made so now it's easy to pour it on. And after our brief success, the general public loves seeing us look like idiots because of Rex's formerly big mouth. You could just about write anything and the rest of America will believe it and jump on it.

We really need to start winning again (but do it gracefully this time), then everyone shuts up.
    as soon as i realized PFT was the source, this is exactly what i thought...
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash

couldn't agree more...unfortunately we will have to work hard for quite some time to shed this "circus" title. until we start making some good decisions and winning games, we will be on the receiving end of all this nonsense, regardless of factual evidence

vCash
    Put a fork into him, he's done. He's not playing professional football for a reason.

vCash

Russell money bank is low and now were watching his sad attempt to get a job back in the NFL.

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LwNyjets88 View Post
    Russell money bank is low and now were watching his sad attempt to get a job back in the NFL.
    Typical media bullsh*t. the superbowl coverage is so boring they have to attack a vulnerable team in the midst a management and coaching rebuilding. This is totally a non story. If this thread continues to grow then the media has done what they set out to do.

its like screaming fire in a movie theatre.

Every Jet fan who posts in these threads just want the best for their team. The best we can is support the Jets and not give into garbage stories like this.

vCash

This media piling on has been going on for over a year now. And there's no stopping them with the convenient use of unnamed sources which essentially gives them the power to make up stories and smear anyone in the way of their agenda. It's going on now in politics. But I digress.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast