Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rkelly7 View Post
    seriously?
    Yes, seriously. As a Yankees fan, you don't really look for players to "breakout". Mostly the whole team is built up with veteran players that have already had their "breakout seasons".

I think a lot of guys will have great years but they won't be "breakout" seasons by any means.

A lot of people like to ride Gardner's jock but I don't believe he's going to "breakout" or have much better of a season than he's ever had in the past.

I expect Nunez to DH against lefties (I wouldn't mind him DH against righties either but the Yankees signed Travis Hafner ). So, he should get a lot more ML AB's than he's ever had before. I think he puts up respectable #'s and has a breakout year.

I could've maybe went with Ivan Nova to bounce back and have a big year. Anyone else doesn't make a ton of sense. Romine and Cervelli will not contribute much offensively. Phil Hughes could still breakout but I don't think he's going to get too much better at this point, until he goes to another team. Joba Chamberlain could have a big bounceback year, but bounceback is not the same as breakout.

vCash
    I've been picking Dom Brown for the last 3 or so years for this honor, so I eventually I might get it right. Odds are Charlie will find a way to **** it up though and favor Delmon Young for an inexplicable reason like "power". Feel bad for the guy at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t327 View Post
    Brandon Belt is the Giant's version of James Loney. I will gladly eat crow if I'm wrong.
    I'd have to disagree. Loney never had the power Belt showed throughout the minors as well as the plate discipline.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    I'd have to disagree. Loney never had the power Belt showed throughout the minors as well as the plate discipline.
    Plus Belt is better in the field.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    Now I hate James Loney more than anyone, but that's just wrong. if you mean in the OF yes of course. but not at 1B, Loney was great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha
    Foam Party!

vCash
    Yoenis Cespedes... I am expecting .320/.375 with 30-35hrs and 100-110 rbis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agureghian View Post
    Yoenis Cespedes... I am expecting .320/.375 with 30-35hrs and 100-110 rbis
    You're expecting a .375 batting average?

vCash
    I think he means a .320 BA and .375 OBP.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    I think he means a .320 BA and .375 OBP.
    I thought that might be what he was referring to at first as well, but he included ranges for HR's and RBI's as well so it looked unclear.

Also, it seems there's a line drawn in the sand on this forum. If you happen to like RBI's, you outright refuse to acknowledge any offensive statistics other than AVG/HR/RBI, so it added to my perception that he was referring to AVG.

vCash
    Cespedes is a tank. .320 is a bit unrealistic though. I could see .305 AVG, .375 OBP still, with 30-35 HRs though.

vCash
    For the brewers they will hopefully have a few. SS jean segura will get every chance to be the everyday guy. Wily peralta has the best potential of any of the guys fighting for a rotation spot but because he has options he might not get the shot right out of spring. Mark Rogers has good stuff but his arm is held on by a glue stick.

vCash
    For the Cubs I see Rizzo, Castro, and Samardzija really upping their games

vCash
    Brandon Belt. Had a great last two months of the season and should break out finally being the everyday first baseman.
    For his sake he better breakout. Bochy won't hesitate to bench him.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567