Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    This doesn't exactly pass the smell test. Did these guys watch this team play? You would think a top OLine would be among the rushing leading offenses and allowing the fewest sacks. Neither is the case.
    I don't think that's necessarily true. If your RB's can't read blocks, or make guys miss is that really on the o-line? If receivers can't get open and the QB is holding the ball longer because of it that's not on the o-line. I'm not saying the line is exonerated of all wrong doing I'm just saying they're not as bad was we think they are.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash

Surprise: O-line ranks third in NFL

From what I'm reading their is two schools of thoughts right here.

1 the qb and wr were horrible and the line wasn't the problem

2 the line was shocking (which it was)

I agree our qb and receivers aren't great but with a decent line the results should of been better than 6- 10. The line wasn't giving Sanchez enough time to read the defense (granted Sanchez is bad at that)

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    I don't think that's necessarily true. If your RB's can't read blocks, or make guys miss is that really on the o-line? If receivers can't get open and the QB is holding the ball longer because of it that's not on the o-line. I'm not saying the line is exonerated of all wrong doing I'm just saying they're not as bad was we think they are.
    Greene was doing a decent job of that years prior...... I dont see why all of a sudden he would be garbage.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    I always knew the O-Line was better than everyone said it was. Howard wasnt great, but he was servicable. Brick was great, Mangold was very good, and honestly I thought Moore was good as well. I think if we had a better QB last year, the O-Line would have looked a lot better, but I guess thats obvious.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Greene was doing a decent job of that years prior...... I dont see why all of a sudden he would be garbage.
    When was Greene ever good? And I think the line struggled early on because they were adjusting to a new scheme. By the Indy game and even a couple of weeks before that they started to play better.

I honestly just never saw what everyone complained about besides the first few weeks of the season. Especially the *****ing about Moore. People would say he was killing us and I just never saw that as the case.

Maybe it's just me but I don't look at this group as a weakness. Could we use an upgrade at spot? Sure why not? But is it necessary? I don't think so. I think the biggest concern for the line is depth. Maybe get a replacement for Slauson and a young guy to learn behind Moore for a year.

vCash
    When was Greene ever good? And I think the line struggled early on because they were adjusting to a new scheme. By the Indy game and even a couple of weeks before that they started to play better.

I honestly just never saw what everyone complained about besides the first few weeks of the season. Especially the *****ing about Moore. People would say he was killing us and I just never saw that as the case.

Maybe it's just me but I don't look at this group as a weakness. Could we use an upgrade at spot? Sure why not? But is it necessary? I don't think so. I think the biggest concern for the line is depth. Maybe get a replacement for Slauson and a young guy to learn behind Moore for a year.
    Much like Sanchez, Moore will never live down the butt fumble in NY.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    He's always been garbage! slow to the hole and slow to read the defense, does not follow the block well and can't catch the ball out of the back field. Only know one way to run and that's between the tackles. And we traded three picks to move up and nab him ?

vCash
    I'm looking for the buffalo replays but can't seem to find them. Brandon Moore got punked on both the blocked kick and the tipped kick that still went through the uprights.
    They could definitely use an upgrade. Slausen, Moore and Howard might not be liabilities on their own. As a unit, you got two great guys and 3 guys that aren't liabilities. But there's a big difference between being great and not a liability and I think the Jets need one more great O-lineman. The team hasn't been the same since they lost Faneca and Woody. Both of these guys were better than Moore... and even Moore was better than Moore.
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSleepTill View Post
    He's always been garbage! slow to the hole and slow to read the defense, does not follow the block well and can't catch the ball out of the back field. Only know one way to run and that's between the tackles. And we traded three picks to move up and nab him ?
    I still wonder if the Jets would have stayed pat with Shonn Greene for so long if it wasn't for the one play where Cromartie whiffed on him in the playoffs.
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    I always knew the O-Line was better than everyone said it was. Howard wasnt great, but he was servicable. Brick was great, Mangold was very good, and honestly I thought Moore was good as well. I think if we had a better QB last year, the O-Line would have looked a lot better, but I guess thats obvious.
    If Our QB was better our backs still would have struggled to catch/block, our receiving core still would have been mostly injured and they still would have struggled to get open. All a better QB would have accomplished is maybe some more 1st downs. Which would have meant more offensive plays, which would have meant more opportunities for our offensive line. That would have meant more chances to get exposed. The truth is Howard wasn't a good pass blocker, and Moore came on but still would have a clunker here and there. When your not getting any help from the backs or receivers getting open or the QB more plays does not mean magically our O-line would have performed better even if we had a better QB.

vCash
    Greene isn't as bad as some of you are making him seem. He just isn't a difference maker. he is a tool. He should be used like Thomas Jones was to loosen the defense for a second guy. Obviously TJ was able to then be that back to take advantage himself, which made him special, but you could also see it with Lamont Jordan and Greene.

Obviously he doesn't fit with our new OC because he can't catch, but he was a fine sledge hammer.
    Last edited by aNYer; 01-29-2013 at 08:33 PM.

vCash
    Question: Does anyone who says PFF is undeniably wrong actually catch the OL performance of the other 30 teams? Just curious. Most of them really suck. Really suck as in they actually real life suck.

The team will need to re-up on OL talent soon obviously with Moore on his way out. OTOH, if they bring him and Slauson back I would not lose any sleep. They aren't the problem on offense, it's the crap at QB that is, was, and will continue to be the problem until someone takes the role.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 01-29-2013 at 09:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I'm looking for the buffalo replays but can't seem to find them. Brandon Moore got punked on both the blocked kick and the tipped kick that still went through the uprights.

They could definitely use an upgrade. Slausen, Moore and Howard might not be liabilities on their own. As a unit, you got two great guys and 3 guys that aren't liabilities. But there's a big difference between being great and not a liability and I think the Jets need one more great O-lineman. The team hasn't been the same since they lost Faneca and Woody. Both of these guys were better than Moore... and even Moore was better than Moore.
    I think this is where the problem lays in regards to how Jets fans view our line. We were so spoiled by those guys that that's what we think is a good line. WRONG!!! That was a great line! A rarity that I think most teams don't have.

With the way the salary cap is we can't have pro-bowlers at every position. And until this season Moore had been playing at a probowl level IMO. Point is, he and Slaussen are more than serviceable players and I would rather spend cap and or picks on upgrades at other positions. A pass rusher, running back, safety or receiver would make a much more immediate impact than a guard would. If anything this unit is in need of some cheap depth.

vCash
    Not surprised by how the line graded out.

1. Sanchez still holds the ball too long and moves the wrong way in the pocket, which aids in racking up sack numbers.

2. Our 3rd down back play was atrocious this year. People forget how good LT was at picking up the blitz and being the safety valve on pass plays. A dip in this area definitely helped our sack given up numbers to be higher than they should have been.

3. We ranked 12th in rushing with the the most predictable running attack in the NFL. We ran straight up the middle on over 200 carries. Doesn't matter if you hit on all your blocks on d-lineman if the rest of the defense knows where you are going to run.

I will comment though that looking at Slauson's grade. While he may have played better than Ducasse, he still wasn't that good. It should make taking Warmack at 9 and just letting Slauson go a little more acceptable to those who don't want to take guard at 9.

vCash
    Doesnt surprise me at all.

Howard is massively underrated by a lot of Jets fans. He isn't an elite, but the weakest link in the line was replaced by a very solid starter, and all season the improvement was obvious.

As bad as Sanchez was at times, it wasnt because he was getting sacked 5 times a game.
    _

Adopt a Jet

Bilal Powell - 2014
    1 carry, 4 yards

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast