Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    I think this is where the problem lays in regards to how Jets fans view our line. We were so spoiled by those guys that that's what we think is a good line. WRONG!!! That was a great line! A rarity that I think most teams don't have.

With the way the salary cap is we can't have pro-bowlers at every position. And until this season Moore had been playing at a probowl level IMO. Point is, he and Slaussen are more than serviceable players and I would rather spend cap and or picks on upgrades at other positions. A pass rusher, running back, safety or receiver would make a much more immediate impact than a guard would. If anything this unit is in need of some cheap depth.
    i do think that we were spoiled but it is what it is. We are 2 guys away from a great line. I want one.
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    i do think that we were spoiled but it is what it is. We are 2 guys away from a great line. I want one.
    The OLine is being defined by fans as to what they'd like to see but keep in mind that under Marty, that perception of an OLine might be completely different. As I understand, it requires athletic OLinemen able to move to the next level in the zone blocking schemes. The two Alabama mauling OLinemen Warmack and Fluker may not be ideal fits in this new offense. Maybe a Barrett Jones is a better fit. Howard played in his system in Philly but was let go - was it a numbers game or will familiarity keep him here? He did have a non-Hunter year at RT and is young and cheap and knows the scheme.

Even with predictable, straight-ahead formations, the OLine did okay. With this scheme, it may do better. Maybe the OLine doesn't get addressed early or often in the draft. A lot of ways this can go.

vCash
    While the O-line does seem perfect on the left the right side is scary to say the least. Howard is so big and Moore is getting so old. Howard also pass protected worth crap a little more than anyone can like.

But the both warrant a shot. We need to draft a young guy that can potentially start anyways. Just not in the first barring a trade that ends up with a lower first rounder.

vCash
    Based on what? We were top 5 in sacks allowed and bottom 5 in yards per carry. He must be going strictly of salaries and extrapolating that to talent. In most things in life, you get what you what you pay for.....except the Jets offensive line and QB and wr and MLB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    The OLine is being defined by fans as to what they'd like to see but keep in mind that under Marty, that perception of an OLine might be completely different. As I understand, it requires athletic OLinemen able to move to the next level in the zone blocking schemes. The two Alabama mauling OLinemen Warmack and Fluker may not be ideal fits in this new offense. Maybe a Barrett Jones is a better fit. Howard played in his system in Philly but was let go - was it a numbers game or will familiarity keep him here? He did have a non-Hunter year at RT and is young and cheap and knows the scheme.

Even with predictable, straight-ahead formations, the OLine did okay. With this scheme, it may do better. Maybe the OLine doesn't get addressed early or often in the draft. A lot of ways this can go.
    I agree, brick and mangold will be better in a west coast offense. Our line will be better with the ball coming out quicker and more timing routes with less reads. We still need to get better on the interior but probably will be okay at rt tackle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post

You are completely right. +1
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123