Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyld1 View Post
    Pat McAfee, Punter, 4 years Yes, a fine punter and KO man plus can kick FG's in a pinch.

Austin Collie, Wide Receiver, 4 Years No, he needs to retire and be around for his family.

Dwight Freeney, Rush Linebacker, 11 years No, grateful for the many fine years and memories but doesn't fit the scheme and injuries are starting to pop up.

Jerraud Powers, Cornerback, 4 years No, I would have liked to have seen them put him in the mix at Safety if he could stay healthy...but he can't. He is a Cover 2 CB so the move to Safety would make sense but like I said...IR every year he is played.

Donnie Avery, Wide Receiver, 5 years No, too many drops from a player who has been in the league so long plus an extensive injury history.

Darius Butler, Cornerback, 4 years Yes, has solid nickle back in this Defense written all over him and shouldn't be too expensive.

Moise Fokou, Inside Linebacker, 4 years Yes, a fine backup that shouldn't cost much.

Winston Justice, Offensive Tackle, 7 years No, has never lived up to his 2nd round draft status and was injured quite a bit this past year.

A.J. Edds, Inside Linebacker, 3 years Yes, if dirt cheap...brings size to LB position it sorely needs.

Drew Stanton, Quarterback, 6 years No, unless they feel Harnish(sp?) isn't ready and/if a cheaper, better QB is available to back up.

Jamaal Westerman, Defensive End, 4 years No, purely based on not seeing much of him.

Tony Hills, Offensive Tackle, 5 years No, the OLine needs to be upgraded in terms of starters and backups.

Fili Moala, Defensive End, 4 years Yes, one of the few true 3/4 DE's on the roster and seemed to play his best this past year. His ACL injury should make him a cheap re-sign.

Mewelde Moore, Running back, 9 years No, let Arians have him .

Antonio Johnson, Defensive Tackle, 6 years No, undersized 3/4 NT and not able to move to end. Between Mckinney and Chapman and possibly Tevaseau(sp?) there is no room for him.

Cassius Vaughn, Cornerback, 3 years * Despite having a few bad games, he is young and was Defensive Player of The Week...he won't cost much and has room to develop.

Seth Olsen, Offensive Guard, 3 years * No, see Tony Hills.

Jeff Linkenbach, Offensive Tackle, 3 years * Like JW? said, his versatility is great...just needs to become good at one of the positions to be a solid backup. He is young and like Vaughn has room to develop and shouldn't be too expensive.

Agree with all of this. Vaughn & Butler's fate may rely on if we decide to pick up CB help via free agency. I'd like Indy to explore signing one of Greg Tolar (Arizona) or Brent Grimes (Atlanta). They strike me as affordable options. I of course would like to look into Sean Smith, but like Revis, he may have priced himself too high.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    Agree with all of this. Vaughn & Butler's fate may rely on if we decide to pick up CB help via free agency. I'd like Indy to explore signing one of Greg Tolar (Arizona) or Brent Grimes (Atlanta). They strike me as affordable options. I of course would like to look into Sean Smith, but like Revis, he may have priced himself too high.
    Ehh I've seen Smith is looking for around 6-8 per year which is probably what I think the price range for Grimes would be....so we could probably extend VDavis and sign Smith/Grimes for what Revis is asking....I admittedly don't know much about Tolar so I'm not sure of what his price range would be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12